The Administration Thread

Boycie

“My interest in soccer has certainly grown in recent years and a few years ago I was asked if I would like to be involved with a group of others looking to buy Malaga Football Club in Spain.

"It was quite an exciting prospect but ultimately it fell through. Perhaps owning a football club is the next best thing to playing for one. Maybe, one day....”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18069903/george-clooney-derby-county-wayne-rooney/

Yeah don’t see this happening at all, there are comments from local MP’s in the article about it though

4 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

“My interest in soccer has certainly grown in recent years and a few years ago I was asked if I would like to be involved with a group of others looking to buy Malaga Football Club in Spain.

"It was quite an exciting prospect but ultimately it fell through. Perhaps owning a football club is the next best thing to playing for one. Maybe, one day....”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18069903/george-clooney-derby-county-wayne-rooney/

Yeah don’t see this happening at all, there are comments from local MP’s in the article about it though

It's a shame The Sun doesn't have a comments column, like some other Daily papers, I'd probably not sleep tonight if they did.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

And you all laughed at me...

I still am fella. 

The last thing I said to Julia was to make sure she topped up the salt and rinse aid in the dishwasher before she came to bed, feed the cats, and keep to her own side of the bed, for once. 

She muttered something about amortisation, but I just assumed she was learning lines from Erin Brockovic 2, and left her to it.

Classic misdirection, to throw us off the scent.

5.00 pm - Derbyshire Life carry an exclusive interview with Hollywood star George Clooney, with a passing mention of a past co stars love for the Rams.

5.05 pm - Someone at the DET scrapes the interview, and condenses it into a DET tweet confirming George as a diehard fan.

5.20 pm - Quantuma open the final bid envelopes, and are stunned by the identities of the latest entrants into the takeover race.

6.00 pm - Someone posts a link to the article on this forum.

6.05 pm - The Sun news desk reads this forum, asks an intern to do some digging, and asks them to write up a story after they've listened to George's voicemail.

7.00pm - After a private investigator hacks into the Mickleover Court Hotel booking system, they see that the Gary Teale, Ikechi Anya and Derek Hales suites have been block booked by the same LA Based travel agent, along with the Giles Barnes conference room for tomorrow.

10.00pm - The Sun runs with its Hollywood Consortium story, while Pride Park is turned into the Nespresso Bowl overnight.

26 minutes ago, Ramifications said:

Is the George Clooney connection serious or just paper talk? He could be the mysterious third bidder. Let's hope so. 

I certainly hope so, afterall he would have the finances to make it happen

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

How rich is George? Not rich enough to blow all of his money on the ? I would think ?

Approx $500m - not bad as part of a supposed consortium. Another 4 or 5 of that wealth would do nicely

Edited by DCFC1388

5 hours ago, angieram said:

I'm not putting any more updates on the updates thread. I just get laughed at so you can all wade through the rubbish on Twitter and here like I have to! 

(Not getting at you, Tyler, quoting you as you mentioned it.)

5 hours ago, angieram said:

Well, stop bloody laughing at them when I post them, then!

I totally rely on these updates.

People are laughing with you not at you!?

Hope there's some more stuff to post shortly. You know you want to...

clooney GIF