The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Topram said:

Other bidders still in, surely Clowes have first dibs?

Clowes has been smart here, he has loaned the club some money and owns the stadium so the other bidders have to deal with him now in some capacity. He has manoeuvred himself in to a position where him owning the club now just makes a lot more sense than any others.

I reckon we might see him taking over the club alongside someone like Appleby to pull in some additional investment. Less risky for Appleby and whoever he is convincing to part with some cash as well and if they can share the burden we might be able to cobble enough cash together to avoid a points deduction.

All of that is entirely speculation on my part, but seems to make sense.

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Clowes has been smart here, he has loaned the club some money and owns the stadium so the other bidders have to deal with him now in some capacity. He has manoeuvred himself in to a position where him owning the club now just makes a lot more sense than any others.

I reckon we might see him taking over the club alongside someone like Appleby to pull in some additional investment. Less risky for Appleby and whoever he is convincing to part with some cash as well and if they can share the burden we might be able to cobble enough cash together to avoid a points deduction.

Didn't Clowes first get involved to buy PP for Kirchner to lease/rent off him, so bringing in someone else to help with funding wouldn't be a surprise, if he can find someone he can work with.

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Reasonable assumptions but I wouldn't rule out a JV with Steve Morgan.  Not ITK but they operate in similar business sectors so their paths may have crossed and Morgan certainly has the financial clout.

15 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Had to do a CTRL + F for "Disappointed" to make doubly sure it wasn't in there.  Still love the fact they felt obliged to mention they'd had daily meetings with Q over the past two weeks as if to imply they were instrumental in this.  They can never just tell us the facts, there's always some little dig or "look at us, aren't we great" message in there.   

As the squad are due back for preseason on the 27th,  I suppose it’s unlikely we will get to hear Wayne Rooney’s thoughts until he’s back in the ‘building’ but would be good to know if he will be the man laying the first bricks on the Clowse foundations ….. 

Edited by Orphanram

From the EFL statement, this is all good:

The League has already commenced the process in respect of its Owners and Directors’ Test, as well as an assessment of the ultimate source and sufficiency of funding to support the proposed business plan for the Club.

The League understands and acknowledges that there is a desire from Derby County’s stakeholders, including supporters and staff, for a swift conclusion to matters and its focus remains on the Club’s prompt exit from administration.