The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

Stretton should be a handful in League 1.

I think Cybulski could be our top scorer next season. I know he missed a couple of easy chances late last season but looking at the U23's videos, he's always in the right place at the right time. This is what we have been lacking for a couple of years. How many times has a cross gone in and you've mumbled "nobody there!".

13 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

That's great, but if Rooney wants us to play a similar kind of system as last season then being in the right place at the right time isn't enough. We need someone with a bit more presence to press defenders, receive the ball and hold it for long enough to bring other people in to the game.

A poacher is only half of what we need a striker to be in that sort of system.

Your concern previously was him not being physically strong enough to handle defenders. That's redundant when you're clever enough to create 5 yards of space for yourself to have a clear shot at goal. The pressing - Stretton does that. Holding up, not so much, but at the end of the day, Rooney will work with what he's got. He'll either have confidence in being able to coach our youngsters to play the way he wants, or tweak the system to suit.

49 minutes ago, w8sey said:

On what basis? If he is our best striking option for next season I would be worried. 

I didn’t say best option, that will depend on who Wazza can bring in. Jack Stretton has pace and can cause major issues for defenders at this level. I’ve watched a lot of League 1/2 over the last few years and many defenders struggle to cope with pace.

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

I didn’t say best option, that will depend on who Wazza can bring in. Jack Stretton has pace and can cause major issues for defenders at this level. I’ve watched a lot of League 1/2 over the last few years and many defenders struggle to cope with pace.

I'm happy to be proved wrong, but I doubt it. 

38 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Your concern previously was him not being physically strong enough to handle defenders. That's redundant when you're clever enough to create 5 yards of space for yourself to have a clear shot at goal. The pressing - Stretton does that. Holding up, not so much, but at the end of the day, Rooney will work with what he's got. He'll either have confidence in being able to coach our youngsters to play the way he wants, or tweak the system to suit.

Hold on, is this..... it is... a post on actual football....

I don't know how to deal with this. Can you edit and add SOMETHING about finance?

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

I do not want Sam Rush anywhere near our club. He is the start of the reason we are in this situation.

True. He brought McClaren in who made us competitive for the first time in 7 years and gave us a thirst for promotion.

Bring back the halcyon days of Nigel Clough!

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

I do not want Sam Rush anywhere near our club. He is the start of the reason we are in this situation.

2 minutes ago, cosmic said:

True. He brought McClaren in who made us competitive for the first time in 7 years and gave us a thirst for promotion.

Bring back the halcyon days of Nigel Clough!

Ah, the memorable introduction of the word "Fiduciary" to the DCFCFans lexicon. That was a fun "wrongs on both sides" falling out involving Mel Morris.

Sam rush, if he's involved, will need oversight with respect to his scouting sources imo - I'm not sure Tom ince's mum really pulled her weight in our recruitment department.

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

not sure how you come to that conclusion Rynny!

The start of our problem(s) was MM sacking SMc, this was followed by MM sanctioning PClement signings, this was followed up by MM sacking PClement, this was followed by MM sanctioning NPearson signings, this was followed by MM sacking NPearson and so on... you catch my drift.

I firmly believe that under Sam Rush's stewardship, the signings were more shrewd, the football better and the hiring and firing more sensible.

When MM took the power from Sam Rush, that's when it fell apart.