The Administration Thread

Boycie

15 minutes ago, Joe said:

Critical time now before Monday when pre-season training starts, if that begins with 5 to 7 players then Rooney will surely go followed by Rosenoir. Expect the club to announce trials for players on the Racecourse for next Tuesday night.

Can you find out the time, I might dig out my old boots

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Ashley's group are set to inform Derby's administrators, Quantuma, that they are ready to proceed with a deal to rival former chairman Andrew Appleby and save the club from liquidation.

Telegraph Sport has seen correspondence that shows Ashley's lawyers, RPC, are holding £50m in preparation to complete a takeover of the stricken League One club.

The deal is understood to include the club and its assets, plus the stadium which is still owned by former chairman Mel Morris.

Ashley's proposal will not include any charges for the rent of Pride Park, or take any money out of the club, including charges of interest, for the next 10 years.

Ashley is said to be "incredibly serious" about his takeover bid yet fears time is running out to thrash out an agreement with Quantuma, who have been in situ since September, and "just wants a deal to be done"."

Or as well

"Short-term funding from a local businessman is understood to be close, to support the club for the next month, but Ashley and Appleby are now raising the stakes in their bids to secure a takeover."

Interesting.  Again, what is £50m - how much for stadium, creditors and what is investment in the future?

Yet, I keep saying: they are all waiting until the end; but the end is coming and they are waiting.  

I do think MA would be a good owner.  He was too business minded for NUFC, who want everything yesterday.  i think we could learn to love him.

I think with all this talk of rival bids, deadlines in the background, legal actions by players, embargoes, the EFL whims and so on, that it may be useful to consolidate everything we currently know about the situation. So for the benefit of new readers and those who have stepped away through stress and now need a recap.....This is what we know:

3 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Too late. Hopefully. 

In a different league to Kirchner, Sheikhs, Alonso. Also has the wealth that Appleby potentially doesn’t. Rumours have been going since the start that Appleby struggled to raise funds with investors pulling out. I’d take either. But I’d be more than happy if it was Ashley. 

Just now, enachops said:

In a different league to Kirchner, Sheikhs, Alonso. Also has the wealth that Appleby potentially doesn’t. Rumours have been going since the start that Appleby struggled to raise funds with investors pulling out. I’d take either. But I’d be more than happy if it was Ashley. 

?

This is talking about last time. Can't see this attempt being any different:

"While Ashley and Morgan both have experience of running football clubs, Appleby has specific interest in running Derby. He served as chairman of the club between the years of 2008 and 2015, and has recently spoken about that experience.

“Even though Derby is a relatively tiny place in England, we routinely had over 30,000 fans coming to our games,” he told The Capital Club podcast at the start of the month. “That was a great experience, I had recruited a tremendous ownership group, just some of the most salt of the earth people you can imagine, several US team owners as part of that.

“This group of people came from everywhere, from Lebanon to Hong Kong, to Guatemala to Calgary to Beverly Hills and yet we were all kind of the same in the sense of we’re all good guys and good people and we all were adults and understood how things worked.”

The businessman also outlined the challenges that came with running a team in the English football leagues. It means he will know some of the things that could face him should a takeover bid be successful.

“I mean, that said, I will tell you it’s a heck of a challenge to run an English football team because you’re quite a way away from it,” he added. “In our case we had very capable people running it that I had recruited along the way.

“The great news about owning a team there is that the fans really, really care and the downside of that is that the fans really, really care. So, when you win you're floating on air, when you lose, both from an ownership and a fan perspective, people want to jump off the highest building.

“All in all, it was a great experience, despite the massive lows and some of the massive highs. I went to half the home games over that period and I tried to live it as much as I could and we again had a lot of success, particularly at the end when we were competing to get into the Premier League.”

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Ashley's group are set to inform Derby's administrators, Quantuma, that they are ready to proceed with a deal to rival former chairman Andrew Appleby and save the club from liquidation.

Telegraph Sport has seen correspondence that shows Ashley's lawyers, RPC, are holding £50m in preparation to complete a takeover of the stricken League One club.

The deal is understood to include the club and its assets, plus the stadium which is still owned by former chairman Mel Morris.

Ashley's proposal will not include any charges for the rent of Pride Park, or take any money out of the club, including charges of interest, for the next 10 years.

Ashley is said to be "incredibly serious" about his takeover bid yet fears time is running out to thrash out an agreement with Quantuma, who have been in situ since September, and "just wants a deal to be done"."

Or as well

"Short-term funding from a local businessman is understood to be close, to support the club for the next month, but Ashley and Appleby are now raising the stakes in their bids to secure a takeover."

Looks like this game of brinkmanship is coming to an end. Please let it be a good one for the Rams.

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I think with all this talk of rival bids, deadlines in the background, legal actions by players, embargoes, the EFL whims and so on, that it may be useful to consolidate everything we currently know about the situation. So for the benefit of new readers and those who have stepped away through stress and now need a recap.....This is what we know:

Consolidated position:

We know:

The club is in administration

Various parties express an interest, but not formally.

Journalists sensationalise any utterance (real or fictitious)

One PB has fallen due to being unwilling/unable to complete.

All else is conjecture.  

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No, no, no - that's not how it's done. Please send those funds to the USA and then back to a European Clearing Bank, then on to lawyer's client account, then they'll be ready.

Have these people never seen Ozarks?

Bloody basics!