The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

He has but he still can only win by providing the best deal for the creditors, law suit or no law suit.

Yes, but Q are a Creditor.  He wants to negotiate with them.  Of course this "he will tell them to shove it" stuff is nonsense, but he will demand a reduction in their fee in return for desisting in starting remedy proceedings over his alleged issue.

3 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

He has but he still can only win by providing the best deal for the creditors, law suit or no law suit.

It is all about applying pressure in the right places this is a big deal lots of background manoeuvring going on to get the balls into his court. 

2 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I don't think many of us have faith in Quantuma at all to do the obvious and liaise with both Appleby and Ashley to try and get their interest over the line.

Look we are not ducked I think Andy appley will get us I cant see ashley getting us after saying sueing Q.

38 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

This whole TUPE thing; it’s nonsense unless the club gets liquidated. The Administrators are selling the business ‘Derby County Football Club Limited’ as a going concern so the players would not be changing employers - just that the company that employs them has new owners. 

But doesn’t a TUPE transfer happen when an organisation is transferred from one employer to another? Does that mean that DCFC is the organisation but is transferred to a new employer. Ooh my head hurts

1 minute ago, Rambalin said:

It is all about applying pressure in the right places this is a big deal lots of background manoeuvring going on to get the balls into his court. 

And Ashley does that well but Administrators only have one real task, the best deal for the creditors. As of officers of the court they cannot allow people place pressure on them to make any other deal except the best one for the creditors.

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

I heard a rumour that he was on the verge of investing some money into Cardiff. After edging closer and closer to depositing his wad the Cardiff owner upped his demands. This lead to Appleby pulling out, believing Vincent Tan tricked him.

Why am I not surprised, Cardiff are into the tune of £100million debt, And are now in talks with Bales representatives, This is going to cost Cardiff some loot, The desire to reach the Premier League is getting like OCD...Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, It can't be too far away before the whole house of cards comes tumbling down?‍♀️   

11 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

But doesn’t a TUPE transfer happen when an organisation is transferred from one employer to another? Does that mean that DCFC is the organisation but is transferred to a new employer. Ooh my head hurts

There is a transfer of contractual undertakings when an employer changes. It was brought in to protect workers whose jobs were 'contracted out'. Assuming the Club is sold as a going concern (albeit with compromised debt) the players' employers will not change at all.

In other words, Mel Morris did not employ the players, DCFC Ltd does, and still will.

10 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

And Ashley does that well but Administrators only have one real task, the best deal for the creditors. As of officers of the court they cannot allow people place pressure on them to make any other deal except the best one for the creditors.

I wish the world of big buisness and big money deals was so black and white and not so many shades of grey. It is a murky world especially around this deal and the people involved....... If both parties offer the same who has the most leverage 

33 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The impact of the condition is quite clear. It requires q to modify their NDAs.  It’s a very radical condition for the EFL to impose because - as you point out - there is a danger a bidder might refuse to proceed on that basis. (But why would they?) 

EFl have seen q at close range and the EFl view clearly is that our salvation is more likely if EFL are involved  ( Ie their view is that q is incompetent)   I don’t need to explain why q might find the condition unacceptable 

And before you respond telling me I’m a Buffoon, just think about it please, a bit more deeply than you have to date  

bwt I fully respect the view that q is doing the right thing by ignoring EFL. But the proof of that will be in the pudding 

Never called you a buffoon. I just think think that you are annoying. Even when it looks from your last sentence like you are beginning to accept that Q is correct in complying with NDAs and GDPR, you go and use the “ignoring” word. For God’s sake, Q aren’t ignoring EFL, they are complying with the law. 

2 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

I wish the world of big buisness and big money deals was so black and white and not so many shades of grey. It is a murky world especially around this deal and the people involved....... If both parties offer the same who has the most leverage 

In normal business I would agree with you however, I doubt that Q would want to spend time in prison for a breach of trust or fraud. If Appleby called foul it would be relatively easy to put the two bids side by side and see which bid presented the best deal for the creditors.

Are footballers 'Assets' to be depreciated or 'Employees' to be TUPEd across? Or both? I ask this question in the hope of moving this thread to 3000 pages. Also because 'Your people are your greatest asset' is a statement that has never been quantified. 

20 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Why am I not surprised, Cardiff are into the tune of £100million debt, And are now in talks with Bales representatives, This is going to cost Cardiff some loot, The desire to reach the Premier League is getting like OCD...Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, It can't be too far away before the whole house of cards comes tumbling down?‍♀️   

I think he's stung you with a pun there.

31 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I don't think many of us have faith in Quantuma at all to do the obvious and liaise with both Appleby and Ashley to try and get their interest over the line.

After the recent collapse of the CK bid, and the increased scrutiny that Quantuma face (for reasons both sensibly based in fact and numerous suspicions based on rumour and speculation) I think we might actually be pleasantly surprised at how quick things move…finally. 
Quantuma won’t impose a deadline themselves from what we know but several deadlines have appeared due to June payday, fixture announcements, need for pre season, the season starting in a matter of weeks etc. So they’ve got to act in some way. Also, I think they need to save face and get out, the narrative has become way more negative when it comes to Q with lots of the fan base and other parties painting them as public enemy numbers 1, 2 and 3.