The Administration Thread

Boycie

18 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Just needs to upgrade it to incredible and we’re good to go 

Right, how can this one fall apart ? Morgan is just about to buy us but then has a complete breakdown and burns all his wealth on a massive herd of Alpaca, throws his phone and laptop in the sea and retires to a remote Scottish island to live in a hut with nothing but a million new woolly friends for company.

33 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's not disastrous then in the grand scheme of things to drop down to League 2 then if the objective is going to be measured as being successful or not over at least 5 years?

The exit strategy is usually out in 5 years win, lose or draw. Mike Ashley was at Newcastle much longer so he obviously saw it as a longer term project. Not sure Ashley made any money over the 14 years in the end but I think it could be part business, part pleasure for him. Plus, he loves being in the public eye.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

In the 2007 to 2008 season Leeds United incurred a 15 point penalty pre season but still finished 5th in the playoffs.

And this was with the great managerial expertise of Dennis Wise for half of the season. 

Not the same Dennis Wise who was Executive Director (Football) at Newcastle, under Mike Ashley?  I bet Dennis is relishing one more football payday.

1 hour ago, Ram1988 said:

CK enjoys kicking tyres, only explanation I can think of.

I think CK had enough money in his account to show to become a PB but not enough to part with.

I reckon he did the deal and then went rubbing shoulders with rich folk in Dubai and golf tournaments trying to convince someone to back his bid, thinking Wayne Rooney would be a big enough name to convince someone to cough up.

It didn't happen and he has clearly vanished.

12 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I agree completely. It’s bizarre that the man who is wholly to blame for our disastrous predicament can still influence our future destiny by his ownership of the stadium. He brought us to our knees but could still be the club’s death knell because of his control over the stadium. He is ethically barren.

I still remember the day when Morris casually dropped out of the blue that the stadium was no longer a part of the club but owned by himself. 

At that point the alarm bells should have been well and truly ringing, don't think anyone really fully grasped the real import and magnitude of what happened on that day.

We should have moved to get him out of the club at that point. Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

I still remember the day when Morris casually dropped out of the blue that the stadium was no longer a part of the club but owned by himself. 

At that point the alarm bells should have been well and truly ringing, don't think anyone really fully grasped the real import and magnitude of what happened on that day.

We should have moved to get him out of the club at that point. Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing. 

All he ever wanted

34 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

I wouldn't care too much about comments like "other clubs want us treated like Bury".  That is par for the course - they have to talk tough, and cloak and daggers statements like that do it better than any other.  No one is the baddie - but a baddie "is out there".

WTF are you trying to say?

8 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Right, how can this one fall apart ? Morgan is just about to buy us but then has a complete breakdown and burns all his wealth on a massive herd of Alpaca, throws his phone and laptop in the sea and retires to a remote Scottish island to live in a hut with nothing but a million new woolly friends for company.

He'll turn up at Pride Park to buy and just before he signs five kids will appear from a cave with the Forest manager in a Superman shirt.  Alonso will be their dressed like a Spanish bag lady and as pen touchs paper he'll find a load of gemstones in Mels marble bag that had been left in a coat and forgotten about. He won't need the 20 million anymore.  Morgan will then tear up the contract with shouts of there'll be no selling today, tomorrow, or ever again and a plane with Kirchners one eyed willy on it will appear on the horizon.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3256201/amp/Wolves-CEO-Jez-Moxey-confirms-owner-Steve-Morgan-words-angry-fans-putting-Championship-club-sale-insists-not-reason.html

Steve morgan owned wolves, and ceo was jez moxey.

https://www.insideworldfootball.com/2021/12/17/new-derby-county-wannabe-moxey-running-amok-efls-governance-structures/

Previoisly, Moxey had attempted to buy Derby. Moxey’s Derby County bid team included Andy Appleby, a former director of the club, and former club CEO Sam Rush. They are apparently backed by undisclosed US investors.

I think it's possible Morgans bid is supported by Appleby or Moxey, I admit I don't have evidence for that.

There are connections, noted here.

I don't know whether anyone has ever looked up what CK's business' declared USP is, but I haven't laughed so much in ages:

"We rapidly deploy proven solutions to solve common logistics problems"

Improve workforce productivity, eliminate wasted effort and accelerate customer outcomes. Slync’s industry solutions are built to optimize operational performance across many common logistics processes.

Edited by CBX1985
clarity

5 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3256201/amp/Wolves-CEO-Jez-Moxey-confirms-owner-Steve-Morgan-words-angry-fans-putting-Championship-club-sale-insists-not-reason.html

Steve morgan owned wolves, and ceo was jez moxey.

https://www.insideworldfootball.com/2021/12/17/new-derby-county-wannabe-moxey-running-amok-efls-governance-structures/

Previoisly, Moxey had attempted to buy Derby. Moxey’s Derby County bid team included Andy Appleby, a former director of the club, and former club CEO Sam Rush. They are apparently backed by undisclosed US investors.

I think it's possible Morgans bid is supported by Appleby or Moxey, I admit I don't have evidence for that.

There are connections, noted here.

So where does Kevin Bacon fit in to this??‍♂️

3 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

If that were the case he would have done a deal in Dec/Jan. Trying to shaft the admins is cutting off his nose to spite his face in terms of the damage it has done and continues to do to the club the longer it goes on. 

He was set to be announced as preferred bidder. Then admins cut the deal. Now Ashley is refusing to pay the fees from that point onwards as it’s ‘shady business practice’

Whoever buys the club WILL have paid too much for it. That’s the rough state of play. 

The need to hit certain thresholds from Creditors/MSD/EFL(golden share)/Q/etc- simply means it is a s*** deal for anyone. 

However! Someone will see the potential commercial and marketing opportunities of being able to say:I own Derby County,  and all the marketing trappings that comes with. 

It has been such a long, frustrating process. But someone will see the value in the future to pay over price now. 

coyr

2 minutes ago, Hanny said:

Whoever buys the club WILL have paid too much for it. That’s the rough state of play. 

The need to hit certain thresholds from Creditors/MSD/EFL(golden share)/Q/etc- simply means it is a s*** deal for anyone. 

However! Someone will see the potential commercial and marketing opportunities of being able to say:I own Derby County,  and all the marketing trappings that comes with. 

It has been such a long, frustrating process. But someone will see the value in the future to pay over price now. 

coyr

Morgan described as businessman and philanthropist. Let’s hope he has his  philanthropy hat on!