The Administration Thread

Boycie

Nixon does seem on the ball with this this. It's noticeable there's been no update on the "daily updates" thread since Monday, and the extension to get things over the line runs out tomorrow night. But it seems we have no choice but to hope/believe things are proceeding in the background. We need it done now to extend contracts. Kirchner saying that if it's not done by the end of the month, he would fund the club so long as he remains the preferred bidder, is alarming rather than reassuring. 

11 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I think the reason I put so much stock in his confidence, is that he has no particular dog in this fight. It's very easy as an interested observer to see it with tinted glasses, on purpose or not.

Thanks @Animal is a Ram and @RoyMac5 for updating us.

Of course, our primary concern is the saving of the football club.

However, I disagree with Nixon's statement "it's no sweat" because our other concern, albeit secondary to the main one, is that we do not lose Rooney or the players. The longer it drags on....the more we lose.

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

However, I disagree with Nixon's statement "it's no sweat" because our other concern, albeit secondary to the main one, is that we do not lose Rooney or the players. The longer it drags on....the more we lose.

Maybe the REAL deadline is the date in May (24th?) when players have to be offered new terms by if they are not to become free agents without any development rights attached?

14 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Thanks @Animal is a Ram and @RoyMac5 for updating us.

Of course, our primary concern is the saving of the football club.

Agree completely. We need some stability and a guarantee of a way forward, not just the hope or expectation that it'll be OK at some stage in the next few weeks (probably, maybe, possibly). Players agents will be lining things up and even if they can't formally sign them yet there will be heads turned and offers made off the record that might make our modest League 1 tinted offer look less appetising.

The patience of these players is not infinite and the camaraderie of training and playing games together in front of loyal fans will dim a little now the season is over and they are not back in training yet. They'll be in a bar in the sun somewhere and one of their mates or family will be saying, "so Boro offered you how much ?!".

I understand that we can't necessarily push things along any quicker than they are going but any delay however legitimate and understandable will be damaging. It certainly isn't 'No sweat' as regards the potential impact on an already decimated playing staff.

39 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Maybe the REAL deadline is the date in May (24th?) when players have to be offered new terms by if they are not to become free agents without any development rights attached?

I suspect the real deadline is the due date for May's player wages (which is pretty much the same day AFAIK). Kirchner probably has to be pretty convinced it's all going through by then, so he can put the cash in to cover it.

I reckon the players will have already decided whether they're willing to stay in League 1 or not (pending a reasonable takeover completion date, Rooney staying etc).  So missing that May 24th date isn't going to make that much of a difference as long as they can see things are getting close.

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

We can stay in admin for 18 months so it’s not up to the EFL to say enough on that front. There is no reason at this stage not to plan next season fixtures I think the fixture list comes out in June  but if we are still in admin by then the fixture list would still include us. 

Exactly this. It is this very rule which will allow us to offer contracts out at some point even if we don't progress any further with a takeover

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Exactly this. It is this very rule which will allow us to offer contracts out at some point even if we don't progress any further with a takeover

The EFL can and should remove our golden share if we can not demonstrate we have funds to complete the 22/23 season.  Staying in Admin is one thing, satisfying the EFL that we have funds to complete the next season is a totally other thing!!!! 

That's not the EFLs fault, but they do not want to start the season with a member going bust half way through it, so they are not going to allow us to take part unless the club has been bought or prove substantial funding in place.......

Edited by RAM1966

27 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Can anyone remember when things were relatively normal?

I’d say post Keogh Wembley game for about 6months until the Bryson wages news struck.

Then the whole 3 ring circus went into full swing.

We all know the common denominator.

I miss GSE me.

11 points, Robbie Savage and sheep masks?