The Administration Thread

Boycie

Yeah, think you are right actually, forget my ramblings ? I guess I'm part a paranoid nothing is agreed until everything is agreed, and part nothing would surprise me anymore when it comes to this mother of all shenanigans. 

Just saw a tweet from Elias (the athletic guy) saying that some council reps sat with CK during the game.

Edited by Chopper

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Depends on what exactly is the hold up over the ground. None of us know what has been offered or what Mel is holding out for.

Or it could also be a "how" or a "when" that are the hold ups - given Mel's inability to make any deal straightforward.............

15 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Yeah, think you are right actually, forget my ramblings ? I guess I'm part a paranoid nothing is agreed until everything is agreed, and part nothing would surprise me anymore when it comes to this mother of all shenanigans. 

Just saw a tweet from Elias (the athletic guy) saying that some council reps sat with CK during the game.

Yeah they did sit with him, behind him was Collin Todd, Roger Davis and alongside him he had Cook

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Or it could also be a "how" or a "when" that are the hold ups - given Mel's inability to make any deal straightforward.............

We’re all speculating but, the one absolute fact that we can be certain of is that none of us really have much of clue as to what has been discussed, offered or demanded in the negotiations that are still taking place.

Just got home from the game , it is a disgrace that a club like derby county with the fans it has can be in this position, I looked round that ground with almost a tear in my eye , what a joy to see someone with the standing in the game of Rooney fighting to keep this club alive along with us , say what you like about Rooney but he understands football , what it is and what it means to ordinary fans ,

im not going to expand on Morris because I would be thrown off the forum and be in a bit of bother other ways if reported , save to say I hope I never meet the bloke for my own sake

Edited by Archied

1 minute ago, Archied said:

Just got home from the game , it is a disgrace that a club like derby county with the fans it has can be in this position, I looked round that ground with almost a tear in my eye , what a joy to see someone with the standing in the game of Rooney fighting to keep this club alive along with us , say what you like about Rooney but he understands football , what it is and what it means to ordinary fans ,

im not going to expand on Morris because I would be thrown off the forum and be in a bit of bother other ways if reported , save to say I hope I never meet the bloke 

I think we’d all like to meet him !

15 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

We’re all speculating but, the one absolute fact that we can be certain of is that none of us really have much of clue as to what has been discussed, offered or demanded in the negotiations that are still taking place.

Ahh the voice of reason ??

you’re so so right, but even the most steady of us fall in to fevered imaginings in these circumstances. 

I am sure suits are talking sensibly, and that includes MM. Of course they are. No one is throwing toys from the pram, it’s commerce and with 20/40 million squids being part of the discussion it was never going to be “it’s all right mate, keep the change”

But oh those fears and that wondering. I heard a lovely phrase a while back … when you wake up in the night and start thinking things .. It’s called a “thought ambush” …….. We’ve had our fair share over the last 3 years ! 

7 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

All this talk of ground sharing is horrifying. Trust me I have worked in Coventry for over 14 years and ground sharing killed their fans. They were so disheartened.

Only now when they are back at the CBS are they truly happy.

and yet by the evidence presented to us, still a massive bunch of unappreciative ****s happy to cause trouble wherever they go and mock other fans facing a hard time.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

17 minutes ago, Archied said:

im not going to expand on Morris because I would be thrown off the forum and be in a bit of bother other ways if reported , save to say I hope I never meet the bloke for my own sake

This….

Just got home to Bournemouth after the game with my son. Both loved it and so good to see the ground full and although the result was not there, not too disappointed as the day was about more than that. 

Never been so emotional at a game, tears in eyes at the walk around at the end. Even turned around when walking out to take one last look at the place just in case.

Please, let’s just get this sorted…

4 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

All this talk of ground sharing is horrifying. Trust me I have worked in Coventry for over 14 years and ground sharing killed their fans. They were so disheartened.

Agreed - don’t think I could go to another ground and feel I was watching my team. After 25 years sitting in the same seat I can’t even move one seat to either side without feeling something’s not quite right - one or more seasons would be horrible. And that’s without having to go to somewhere like Stoke on a regular basis - urghhhh…..

If we end up ground sharing I’m pretty much done with professional football (at least until the Rams come back to the city) -and that’s assuming I haven’t gained a liking for following Mickleover by then…

7 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

I am a dyed in the wool season ticket holding half fan. I might make it to Burton or Chesterfield at a push but it’s very much a “might” and I am pretty certain it would be on a match by match basis, Saturdays only. I reckon at least 50% of our current attendance would probably feel the same. Unless it’s local, the masses simply will not come.  What’s the capacity of the Pirelli ?

Today, Mel Morris had within his gift one final gesture of goodwill to our club, that would have let us celebrate our survival together in our home with a new owner.

Instead, he chose for whatever reason to deny us this final solace, in what has been our toughest season for many decades.

I've always tried to understand the difficulties he has faced, the money he poured into the club, the intransigence of the EFL, the outside factors at play.

But my patience has worn thin lately, and today it has snapped altogether.

You've lost the club, Mel, you've lost our club. You've lost all respect, you've lost our respect. 

No matter what you do from this point forward you will never redeem yourself in my eyes.