The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

I thought it was partly due to the fact that corner was closest to the away fans coach parking and partly due to the below stairs/concourse separation between that corner and the East and South stands. The other reason given was the concourse lock up facilities for any arrested which were under the south stand and therefore easily accessed and that the police can segregate away fans more easily from that corner - much harder if they had the whole north stand

Fwiw I don’t like the idea of an ‘end’ for only two clubs at best - I like the away fans stuck between South and East. Makes for a better atmosphere which is one of the reasons it was done. We shouldn’t be making it easier for away teams to get big support.

Don’t agree , nothing worse than empty seats in a ground and people who want to go to the game unable to get tickets , could well be us a lot of the time too ,even more so in league 1

8 hours ago, Yani P said:

Sunderland could get promoted. If they win their game in hand they are fourth and will knock the parasites out of the play-off spots for good measure.

Well Wycombe got promoted last time by finishing 8th so you never know 

Edited by Sparkle

16 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Apologies if already posted here or elsewhere:

I was thinking yesterday about how Mel has a lot of questions to answer and as the dust settles after Monday whether fans/supporter groups may come out and starting asking a few.

Unfortunately this feels a misstep once again by BAWT by rushing out a statement for the sake of it. Mel won’t come out and answer anything over this, it’ll just encourage him to keep quiet. It needed a statement of carefully considered questions and let his silence speak volumes.

Why did he decide to enter administration when he did?

Why were Quantuma chosen by Stephen Pearce over other administrators?

You had full knowledge that the Gibson/Couhig scenarios were obstacles to a sale, why did you not look to resolve them sooner?

You must have had full knowledge that the stadium would also cause an issue, why did you not seek a resolution sooner? I know both situations would take a certain amount of time, but from a fans perspective both situations ‘kicked the can’ far further down the road that it ever needed to be. 

Why during his tenure did so many background people leave without being replaced?

What was your actual connection to the club? It’s hard to fathom a fan to make the decisions you have

Was your actual interest in the commercial/other opportunities premier league club rather than owning your ‘boyhood’ club?

Thats just off the top of my head of questions that he needs to address and what supporter groups should be coming out with rather than rushing out a statement. Apologies to BAWT because I keep calling them out for stuff like this, and I do think they have done excellent work during this situation at times, but statements like yesterday are rushed fluff designed to make you look at the forefront of this without actually doing anything productive.

29 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I was thinking yesterday about how Mel has a lot of questions to answer and as the dust settles after Monday whether fans/supporter groups may come out and starting asking a few.

Unfortunately this feels a misstep once again by BAWT by rushing out a statement for the sake of it. Mel won’t come out and answer anything over this, it’ll just encourage him to keep quiet. It needed a statement of carefully considered questions and let his silence speak volumes.

Why did he decide to enter administration when he did?

Why were Quantuma chosen by Stephen Pearce over other administrators?

You had full knowledge that the Gibson/Couhig scenarios were obstacles to a sale, why did you not look to resolve them sooner?

You must have had full knowledge that the stadium would also cause an issue, why did you not seek a resolution sooner? I know both situations would take a certain amount of time, but from a fans perspective both situations ‘kicked the can’ far further down the road that it ever needed to be. 

Why during his tenure did so many background people leave without being replaced?

What was your actual connection to the club? It’s hard to fathom a fan to make the decisions you have

Was your actual interest in the commercial/other opportunities premier league club rather than owning your ‘boyhood’ club?

Thats just off the top of my head of questions that he needs to address and what supporter groups should be coming out with rather than rushing out a statement. Apologies to BAWT because I keep calling them out for stuff like this, and I do think they have done excellent work during this situation at times, but statements like yesterday are rushed fluff designed to make you look at the forefront of this without actually doing anything productive.

I don't have a problem with the letter. It's to the point and simply addresses the one remaining elephant in the room: The stadium.

I also don't see the point of raking over old ground with some of the questions you list. While I fully appreciate that you/we would like answers to many of these, what we need is a favour from the man. Risking antagonising him with historical and loaded/accusatory questions, rather than focussing on what needs to be done for the club to move forward, would be a mistake IMO.

We just need him do do what needs to be done and we move on, leaving him behind for good.

8 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I don't have a problem with the letter. It's to the point and simply addresses the one remaining elephant in the room: The stadium.

I also don't see the point of raking over old ground with some of the questions you list. While I fully appreciate that you/we would like answers to many of these, what we need is a favour from the man. Risking antagonising him with historical and loaded/accusatory questions, rather than focussing on what needs to be done for the club to move forward, would be a mistake IMO.

We just need him do do what needs to be done and we move on, leaving him behind for good.

This ⬆️⬆️⬆️. What is done is done. MM has to live with what he’s done to the club he ‘supports’. Let’s resolve the stadium and move on that’s it. There’s hatred and vitriol towards MM, answering the other questions won’t change that. We as a fan base have been a class above throughout all this and long may that continue. 

30 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

As I said I only took those questions of the top of my head, I’m just making the point there’s a lot of questions going unanswered rather than saying those are the ones I want answering. 

I do think fans have a right to ask questions and I can’t see any better time than now. We are relegated, Kirchner has another 2 weeks before he takes control of the finances and he won’t take over until June at the earliest (if it goes through at all).

All fans want to move on but with a lot of unknown answers then doesn’t that make it harder? Also I don’t there was anything too antagonistic in those questions and at least it gives him the right of reply. The majority of fans backed Mel for a long time and because of it Mel is going to synonymous with Derby County for a long time. Those ‘memes’ aren’t going to go away, the embittered opposition fans calling us cheats aren’t either. I do think we have the right to ask what the actual plan was and I do think we are owed a reply, even if it’s to try and learn from those mistakes.

10 hours ago, Yani P said:

Sunderland could get promoted. If they win their game in hand they are fourth and will knock the parasites out of the play-off spots for good measure.

I hope they do, a club like Sunderland should not be in L1.  For us, I'm expecting a dog fight next year, every game will be someone's cup final. I think we have a fair chance of being promoted but it is by no means a certainty.

4 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I think we have a fair chance of being promoted but it is by no means a certainty.

About 1 in 24 as things stand!

Must admit, I'm not fully understanding the optimism about an immediate return to the Championship, given that we have no idea what kind of team we will field next season.

Optimism for the reset; absolutely! Optimism for the adventure; 100%. Optimism that the Club WILL find its feet again; you bet!

But to bounce back straight away? We shouldn't even be thinking about that yet. Let's see what the summer brings first... then enjoy the ride no matter what!

12 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

About 1 in 24 as things stand!

Must admit, I'm not fully understanding the optimism about an immediate return to the Championship, given that we have no idea what kind of team we will field next season.

Optimism for the reset; absolutely! Optimism for the adventure; 100%. Optimism that the Club WILL find its feet again; you bet!

But to bounce back straight away? We shouldn't even be thinking about that yet. Let's see what the summer brings first... then enjoy the ride no matter what!

Agree with all this. We have no idea what state the club will be in if the takeover is completed. We may not have the squad we have now and be an unknown outfit. 

If we have to recruit the number Rooney & KC have quoted then it will take longer than one summer (if Rooney even gets that depending on other factors) to gel them together and play as a team. The start of our League 1 adventure could be made up of 11 individuals as opposed to the team Rooney wants. 

38 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

As I said I only took those questions of the top of my head, I’m just making the point there’s a lot of questions going unanswered rather than saying those are the ones I want answering. 

I do think fans have a right to ask questions and I can’t see any better time than now. We are relegated, Kirchner has another 2 weeks before he takes control of the finances and he won’t take over until June at the earliest (if it goes through at all).

All fans want to move on but with a lot of unknown answers then doesn’t that make it harder? Also I don’t there was anything too antagonistic in those questions and at least it gives him the right of reply. The majority of fans backed Mel for a long time and because of it Mel is going to synonymous with Derby County for a long time. Those ‘memes’ aren’t going to go away, the embittered opposition fans calling us cheats aren’t either. I do think we have the right to ask what the actual plan was and I do think we are owed a reply, even if it’s to try and learn from those mistakes.

I agree with everything except the timing. The inquest can wait until after the buy-out (inclusing the stadium issue) is sorted IMO

41 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Ref this and your previous reply.  Get this 100% and overall agree.  That said, as much as most of us would love to get answers to these questions I don't think we will, and if we did, would we trust the answers?  It's done. Water under the bridge and all that.  I very much doubt he'll give it the time of day now.  For me, he just needs to come good with the stadium, quickly, to allow CK to get this through as fast as possible, so WR can get on with the job of agreeing new contracts before we lose more to all the circling vultures at ridiculously cheap prices .  

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

The thing is, between the Morris 'exit interview' on Radio Derby, his open letter to Gibson, and various Quantuma statements, we have had answers to a lot of those questions.  We might not like the answers, or agree with the reasoning, but we have had answers.  And of course, there are some questions that will never be answered - like why Quantuma specifically were appointed, for one.

It certainly sounds as if it really is going to happen. I like the blunt straight sounding answers. I only have 2 questions remaining

1) will we avoid the -15 for next season 

2) will the admin process be completed in time to re sign our existing players ? 

Anyone got more than guesswork on those ?

3 minutes ago, jono said:

It certainly sounds as if it really is going to happen. I like the blunt straight sounding answers. I only have 2 questions remaining

2) will the admin process be completed in time to re sign our existing players ? 

It seems to be that we will be aiming for 35% payment to creditors over a 3 year period, which should see us avoid a deduction next season, but could just kick the can down the road for a couple of seasons (worst case scenario).

CK has mentioned that he wants to take over funding by Early May, which would hopefully mean we can start to get some business done with current squad, but depends on EFL and how quickly they do things...

12 minutes ago, jono said:

6 minutes ago, roboto said:

It seems to be that we will be aiming for 35% payment to creditors over a 3 year period, which should see us avoid a deduction next season, but could just kick the can down the road for a couple of seasons (worst case scenario).

CK has mentioned that he wants to take over funding by Early May, which would hopefully mean we can start to get some business done with current squad, but depends on EFL and how quickly they do things...

@roboto has answered your questions @jono but it's worth saying CK is quite forthcoming on Twitter and, as far as he's able to do so, answers questions like these put to him from fans.

I know there are some on here that would like him to be less vocal but I'm finding his approach refreshing. I like it.

(Added: I certainly prefer getting info from CK himself than from the EFL via Nixon)

Edited by IslandExile

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

The thing is, between the Morris 'exit interview' on Radio Derby, his open letter to Gibson, and various Quantuma statements, we have had answers to a lot of those questions.  We might not like the answers, or agree with the reasoning, but we have had answers.  And of course, there are some questions that will never be answered - like why Quantuma specifically were appointed, for one.

And why they didn’t fight the 9 points deduction. 

32 minutes ago, jono said: