The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

CK did say that from 7th May, he will be paying the bills. Hopefully that means the EFL will grant him the ability to re-sign current players. 

That’s what I am hoping for. The rest can unravel at its own pace. What will be will be but all the Warriors and kids who have done us so proud this year can be the foundations of great things. I worry about Bird, Knight, Sibbo, Thomson, Ebioewe, Buchanan, Watson (is he still here ?) How many can we retain will influence hugely how we start next season. The expectation of effort and commitment that they can give any new boys will be critical. I accept the Bielik and Lawrence may go but that’s life ..The others though .. they could give us an edge. Their attitude that has come from a mix of their own guts and Rooney’s aura will be infectious. 

9 minutes ago, jono said:

...I accept the Bielik and Lawrence may go but that’s life ..The others though .. they could give us an edge. Their attitude that has come from a mix of their own guts and Rooney’s aura will be infectious. 

Lots of posters saying Bielik will go, but who will buy him and pay big wages do you think? He's 24 but must have missed at least two whole seasons? He's almost as inexperienced as some of our U23s!

Edited by RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lots of posters saying Bielik will go, but who will buy him and pay big wages do you think? He's 24 but must have missed at least two whole seasons? He's almost as inexperienced as some of our U23s!

That’s kind of my thinking. Add in the fact we still owe a fair chunk of money for him, it makes no sense for us to effectively sell him for a loss, and nobody is going to risk a big money signing on him yet. I suspect the most likely scenario is he stays for now, and if he stays fit and has a decent World Cup in November, he goes for a reasonable fee in January.

52 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Wigan signed 9 players on Free Transfers while they were in Admin, and a further 8 on loan. These appeared to be on similar restrictions as our summer 2021 embargo - no fees etc.

So how come we were not allowed to sign anyone in January.. or even renew existing players contracts.. and stil aren't? Is this  EFL Rule 14.3.2 the Derby Vendetta rule? 

I think if a club offers to take on Bieliks fee still owed to Arsenal it'll probably be accepted, I seem to remember his agent be a bit of the type to hawk his player around so I'd imagine he's already on manoeuvres, real shame as I feel he owes us a full season but the world doesn't usually work like that. We are still in a position where we have no choice on such matters as nothing is finalised (admittedly it looks a bit more hopeful now). There is quite a financial gap between Championship clubs too, so someone with parachute payments could easily take a gamble on a player who plays in such a key position.

As for resigning players or bringing in freebies, perhaps that will be once we exit admin, or have less than 11 players of professional standing on the books whichever comes first (probably the 11 players), with the exception of bringing in a Goalie once Allsopp and Roos have gone. That'll be the EFL making sure they ... what's the phrase? Maintain the integrity of the competition, like this season, apparently.

The next 2 month may still be a bit more of a rollercoaster, one kernel of hope is that although we may lose some youngsters there may still be some hidden gems in our academy that other clubs dont know about until we sign them up once out of admin, and they burst onto the scene in August. I was gutted when Festy went to Watford (let's be honest), but now? Meh. Malcolm is better. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

It would be brilliant if we could keep him. He’s class and strong with it, but when his contract ends, there will surely be a championship club who’d gamble on higher wages than we can pay but no transfer fee ? Dunno, but if you keep a fit Bielik as a fulcrum our odds of bouncing back shift by an order of magnitude ??

4 hours ago, Wolfie said:

I hope you're right but that sounds more like a business plan type agreement to me. How will we know what we can pay them until we have EFL sign-off of the plan?

CK also said the business plan will be submitted by tomorrow to the EFL. If that’s agreed then maybe we can re-sign our currently contracted players, subject to being within the wage limits and them agreeing of course. Fingers crossed eh!

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

So how come we were not allowed to sign anyone in January.. or even renew existing players contracts.. and stil aren't? Is this  EFL Rule 14.3.2 the Derby Vendetta rule? 

Likely because of the limit on squad size, though that doesn't explain why Jagielka couldn't re-sign for the rest of the season. Perhaps because we had more breaches than Wigan did? Only the EFL can properly explain. 

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Bielik of last season pre-injury would definitely be leaving, many takers both championship and premier league. 

Since he’s come back he’s shown glimpses but nothing like his form last season. Maybe a relegated premier league club might take a punt on him and he’ll go, but not sure he will be as desirable this summer.

47 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Likely because of the limit on squad size, though that doesn't explain why Jagielka couldn't re-sign for the rest of the season. Perhaps because we had more breaches than Wigan did? Only the EFL can properly explain. 

I suspect we'd taken 13 points from 15 and were keeping clean sheets.  That couldn't be allowed.

Bielik won't be here.  We owe Arsenal cash so need a transfer fee, he's on too much money and he wants to play in the world cup.  3 million - probably in 2 payments to cover the next two years of payments to the Arse or a loan fee of 1.5 million for the season to shift his wages and pay the Arse next January and he's off.

16 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Bielik won't be here.  We owe Arsenal cash so need a transfer fee, he's on too much money and he wants to play in the world cup.  3 million - probably in 2 payments to cover the next two years of payments to the Arse or a loan fee of 1.5 million for the season to shift his wages and pay the Arse next January and he's off.

Must be right that he’ll be off but he’s not had quite the return we would have liked so  will anyone risk a decent transfer fee?  Maybe a loan is more likely 

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Polish international. Can play at a higher level. Lots of clubs would be willing to get him in, maybe some abroad. Really doubt he would stay. 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

I can explain that one if we kepted him and shinnie derby would have stayed up and they knew so let's see throw derby under the bus. We so nearly stayed up anyways.

18 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Polish international. Can play at a higher level. Lots of clubs would be willing to get him in, maybe some abroad. Really doubt he would stay. 

He might want to stay mate I met him after the game after fulham someone asked him how he was and then asked him do you want to stay and he said yes but of course out of his hands.

9 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm pretty sure we aren't allowed to offer anyone a contract until out of administration.

EFL rules allow us to stay in administration until next March. It's a bit difficult to get that far through the season with just 4 or 5 players.

An agreement will be made to allow signings. The most likely scenario will be CK putting cash into the club bank account to cover the shortfall from expected revenue.

6 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Proof of funding to see out the season hadn't been shown

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

EFL rules allow us to stay in administration until next March. It's a bit difficult to get that far through the season with just 4 or 5 players.

An agreement will be made to allow signings. The most likely scenario will be CK putting cash into the club bank account to cover the shortfall from expected revenue.

Proof of funding to see out the season hadn't been shown

So how did Wigan manage it? They were in admin for nine months. Did they show proof of funding for nine months? 

12 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

The Beilik expense must be big problem in the possible takeover. If CK takes over in May he will have to start paying Krystian’s £25,000 a week wages . He must have a plan to pay off the £8 mill to Arsenal. No club is going to pay £1 mill for an injury prone player. A 3rd ACL would be quite possible in the 3rd tier. He can talk to other teams in Jan anyway. What is the best way to cut our losses?