The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, TomG said:

24/48hrs, imminently, shortly, and now they 'believe' by the end of the week!  My God, when will this end?

End of the week? 

That is a stupid statement. 

If they can name a preferred bidder on Friday, brilliant. So why wouldn't they just say negotiations are ongoing and then make a big announcement on Friday?

If there's no announcement on Friday, the last bit of credibility they have left will be gone and the understandable doom fest will be unstoppable. 

12 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What's your thinking TuffLuff???

I’ve thought for a while it’ll be Mike Ashley (I think everything has just pointed that way) but he won’t pay the HMRC threshold and we start on -15 next season. In turn this means other smaller creditors will be shafted and that’s what Team Derby are getting at in the statement.

The delays now are about getting all the background stuff sorted and getting the PR side of things together.

To be clear, I’m not in the know at all. Just going on what others have said over time and Ashley’s business practices. I honestly hope im wrong and everyone gets paid appropriately and we are on an even footing next season.

I completely understand the general cynicism and weariness but for now I'm going to be taking this as a positive development. Thanks to team Derby for arranging/forcing a meeting to discuss updates and for at least keeping us in the loop with what little they know.

Intriguing last couple of paragraphs as others have said.

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

That is a stupid statement. 

If they can name a preferred bidder on Friday, brilliant. So why wouldn't they just say negotiations are ongoing and then make a big announcement on Friday?

If there's no announcement on Friday, the last bit of credibility they have left will be gone and the understandable doom fest will be unstoppable. 

It’s only a stupid statement IF they’re not able to announce the PB by the end of the week. Hopefully, having been caught out several times before, the expectation this time is a little more realistic (not holding my breath though).

I don’t have a great deal of sympathy for Q but they are, admittedly due to their own previous statements, damned if they do and damned if they don’t. If they say nothing they’ll be slated by everyone and if they tell Team Derby they expect to name a PB shortly I’m sure Team Derby have asked for an indication of expected timescales.