The Administration Thread

Boycie

15 hours ago, Oldben said:

Imagine derby is liquidated, that's bad.

Yet it gives the opportunity to totally rebuild under a new name.

It gives the opportunity to buy a club in League Two and rebrand that club as say Derby AFC.

Still keeping a version of Derby as  a club.

It removes the hmrc debt, msd debt, arsenal debt etc

I'm not sure Derby if there would be the money to buy Chesterfield or Burton  and rebrand them.

That could leave a club like Mansfield vulnerable.

A mansfield rebrand wouldn't give Derby much, there grounds not great, there players are not great and how do you move the ground to Derby.

Recall Wimbledon afc plays in Milton Keynes a very long way from Wimbledon, that club was rebranded.

It might be an extreme solution.

It might appear strange to buy a club in League Two for about 10 million and rebrand, but I don't think there's anything in the rules that says that cant be done.

Under that scheme finding new owners seems more probable.

Taking someone else's club might seem like a shortcut but would result in many years of hatred both from other fans and even locals.

AFC Wimbledon took about 10 years to get their league position back.

MK Dons have been around for 18 years and have this ball and chain (the past) still welded to it, hindering its growth. They are still hated for their history by other fans and also the locals. Whilst they are slowly growing, they are still hindered by locals not wanting anything to do with what they perceive to be a franchise monster on their doorsteps.

14 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm not certain you can have an opinion on fate being sealed, can you?  It is either sealed, or not!  And right now, the table shows that it's not.
I hear no singing as yet, nor see any female vocalist of unquantified weight/dimensions.

It's not looking great, granted.  We may well be "up against it".  We may be losing hope and/or belief.  There may be no light at the end of the tunnel.
But our fate remains far from sealed.

The players and staff still have a job to do, a target to aim for, and an outcome to achieve.  Avoiding relegation is still a possibility, and something worth striving for (or not... but that's a different matter!). 
I say we stand by them, and try to help, however foolish/gullible we may look in a few weeks time.

?

You clearly knew what I meant.

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

The football league this, Mike Ashley that, I’ve no idea what I’m talking about but this makes sense .. take your pick 

Well last time I heard Mike Ashley was looking at selling some of them to help fund derby county.

4 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Hypothetically if new owners were to come in and play hardball with MM and decide to play elsewhere could he be equally awkward and call in all the soft loans we apparently owe him? Is that too simplistic a view of things or is there more to it than I'm seeing there? 

No because the club dont owe him a penny. If they do, it wasnt shown in the statement of affairs. 

8 hours ago, voyager1 said:

Taking someone else's club might seem like a shortcut but would result in many years of hatred both from other fans and even locals.

AFC Wimbledon took about 10 years to get their league position back.

MK Dons have been around for 18 years and have this ball and chain (the past) still welded to it, hindering its growth. They are still hated for their history by other fans and also the locals. Whilst they are slowly growing, they are still hindered by locals not wanting anything to do with what they perceive to be a franchise monster on their doorsteps.

Simple solution: club together to buy MK Dons and shift them over to Derby instead.

Got to work this morning at 6 to usual football chat with my work mates...one of my West Ham mates said " I think its outrageous that MM can leave the club in loads of debt yet hold the keys to PP!! " In the cold light of day he's absolutely right!!

I really think him having any involvement in what happens to us, our ground,  our future is quite scandalous ...even though he racked up millions in debt he walked away yet still holds major cards regarding our future!!! couldn't make it up.....should never be able to sell a football stadium to seperate it from its club it should never be able to happen?

18 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Maybe. But I don't think what division we are in makes that much difference to the price, especially as we have been odds on for relegation all season. GoC has just estimated we might "only " need £37 million to avoid a points penalty so it would be shame for buyers to bring self inflicted pain by only offering £35m and getting another massive points deduction just for want of £2m. But we will see.   

Yes it does, investors will take on more debt for a Championship Club, the revenue streams are much higher for starters....

10 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We were told Mel Morris was a shrewd businessman too….

Lets have a look at Mels track record:

1.  Takes a sustainable football club thats just failed in the play-offs, to a complete basket case that would be wound up as insolvent in any other business...

2.  Bad managerial appointments, sacks them costing £10Ms.

3.  Sacks Rush and ends up settling out of court.

4.  Sacks Keogh loses in court.

5.  Takes on the EFL, while I have some sympathy, he handled it all wrong he should of sued EFL for deliberately dragging thier heels.

6.  Should of dealt with Gibson far sooner.

7.  Allowed a wage bill of 151% of total income, never going to be sustainable.

8.  Paid to much in transfer fees and waged for average players.  

9.  Didn't keep an eye on the balance sheet and cut costs far too late.

Well shrewd.... ?

Edited by RAM1966

18 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

Only another 48 to wait now.  

This time it’s measured in days since that is the number left until the final game of this season. 
Then the pb will be announced “shortly” after that. 

I think once our relegation is confirmed, we will have a PB announced.  Nothing till then as the Admin know it increases the value of the club substantially if by some miracle stay up.....

Edited by RAM1966

54 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

Lets have a look at Mels track record:

1.  Takes a sustainable football club thats just failed in the play-offs, to a complete basket case that would be wound up as insolvent in any other business...

2.  Bad managerial appointments, sacks them costing £10Ms.

3.  Sacks Rush and ends up settling out of court.

4.  Sacks Keogh loses in court.

5.  Takes on the EFL, while I have some sympathy, he handled it all wrong he should of sued EFL for deliberately dragging thier heels.

6.  Should of dealt with Gibson far sooner.

7.  Allowed a wage bill of 151% of total income, never going to be sustainable.

8.  Paid to much in transfer fees and waged for average players.  

9.  Didn't keep an eye on the balance sheet and cut costs far too late.

Well shrewd.... ?

That’s just his track record as a football club owner.

I would describe him as indeed a shrewd businessman that failed spectacularly to apply his skills, knowledge and experience to his tenure as owner of Derby County Football Club.