The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Boro and Wycombe won't take the bait, their claims are against Derby, not Morris. 

What Morris needs to do is promise to cover the costs associated with any court case brought against the club, because there's no way Boro and Wycombe will go after him personally. 

Just strikes me as more PR, with Morris desperately trying to regain some favour in a city which quite rightly should kick him to the kerb.

Gibson says all he is interested in is the money from the compensation, Derby have no money. Mel has money, and its same case against Mel as it would be against Derby. If Gibson is confident of his case and all he wants is the compensation then the High Court route looks ideal for him.

However,  if Gibson isn’t confident of his case it could prove very expensive for him.

it’s a “put up or shut up” moment for Gibson

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I honestly don't think it was down to money where Boro are concerned, The EFL and Boro are in cahoots and have put us where we are today, They'll not be happy untill imo we're skinned alive, Buried beneath a motorway flyover in an oil drum filled with concrete, Wycombe have just come aboard for the ride and pick up some crumbs.

Boro and the EFL if they are as street savvy as we are on here know they have no chance in court, Now the cats out of the bag the aforementioned are in schtook...imo.

I’m inclined to agree with you but this could force their hand and come clean that it’s not about the money but is nothing more than vindictiveness which our MP friends should be all over.

27 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Of course the final paragraph should really say: “The league will not be commenting any further on this specific matter until we have spoken to Gibson to see if there is a way we can help Middlesbrough reject the offer whilst at the same time covering our own backs”

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Delighted if so - my gut feeling is that both these parasite chairmen have had plenty to say about MM and maybe he is ready to test their comments in court 

yet if the parasites win how could it be a football creditor reason as MM doesn’t own a football club he just rents out a stadium? and is willing to take them on?

It doesn’t matter, does it? If Mel takes them in in court and loses, the compensation due is payable by him - nothing to do with our administrators and percentage payouts. He is, by definition, offering to pay 100% of the moneys due. He’s clearly figuring that the amount due is precisely £0. 

53 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I do think However that this move from Morris does achieve a lot in terms of narrative, positioning and reputation, if Boro and Wycombe reject this, no matter how practical or justified the reason the wider world will see their continuing action in a different light.

I think that's the whole intention. 

The high ground, moral or otherwise, is an important factor in warfare - and this IS a war.

I reckon that's a great statement by Mel.  Not too much legalese or obfuscation.  Written in words you could imagine him saying.  Not just corporate bullsh*t.  Personal enough to tell he's rattled, but still prepared to 'fight to the end'.  Dismantles the Mboro, Wycombe and EFL claims piece by piece.

I know the haters are still gonna hate, but I feel Mel's response has smashed the ball firmly back into EFL's court.

Let's see how confident they are now.  Bring it on!