The Administration Thread

Boycie

I've got to agree that Ashley ruined Newcastle, a great club with a recent history of winning the league, cup and european competitions multiple times, just before his ownership of the club or maybe not.

He will be interested in getting a return on his investment, which means getting Derby into the Premier. He was criticised at the toon for his lack of capital investment investment in the stadium and training facilities, these investments aren't guaranteed to bring success, as we can show. Fortunately, our ground and training facilities can survive for a few years without any major investment. So, any investment he makes, would be towards strengthening the squad and/or coaching staff.

Just wondering if this is why Appleby came out and said they were ready to go?  I’m guessing now, but putting 2 and 6 together, today we have been told contracts can be renewed and a new signing is nearly there, but maybe Ashley has been told he is the preferred bidder, just guessing obviously.

Personally I’d take Ashley, get us back in to the prem, consolidate, then sell for a profit.I don’t think he did a bad job at the toon, but there expectations were beyond what he could provide. ( He came out numerous times to say a lot of his wealth was tied up in business, and not cash to hand)

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Still not sure why he's interested. Owning a football club is a giant mugs game.

Puts his business in the shop window, gets noticed through a football club. More advertising revenue through name of stadium, shirt sponsorship etc Plus he's just made £305m by selling a club where the fans hated him (all because they were'nt in the Champions league etc).

On the down side, this late bid will now hold up the sale of the club and might not give Wayne any chance of strengthening the squad.

1 minute ago, Jase116 said:

Just wondering if this is why Appleby came out and said they were ready to go?  I’m guessing now, but putting 2 and 6 together, today we have been told contracts can be renewed and a new signing is nearly there, but maybe Ashley has been told he is the preferred bidder, just guessing obviously.

Personally I’d take Ashley, get us back in to the prem, consolidate, then sell for a profit.I don’t think he did a bad job at the toon, but there expectations were beyond what he could provide. ( He came out numerous times to say a lot of his wealth was tied up in business, and not cash to hand)

Based on the figures rumoured - you’d have to guess Ashley will become a no brainier preferred bidder. 20m more than Appleby and co - isn’t it funny how the daily mails article earlier said we were down to one bidder lol shows how full of crap they are.

Don’t like the way he goes about his business…………..

However, if he’s willing to save our club with his own reddies, then we need to respect that and give him the opportunity and see how it goes.

I also imagine he’d sort out perm head and his Wycombe hanger on pronto 

image.gif.ede6b6c576c604ea618b9698488e7ee3.gif

Edited by Ramarena
Additional positive

If Mike comes in and saves my football club, enabling my son and his children and their children to carry on the tradition of following this famous old club, then I’ll happily chant his name, get behind him and be forever grateful to him, regardless of who thinks what about him. 

Bring it on big Mike 

Kind of fits in with the Admins comments to BAWT of it could be announced in the coming days, amd what Rooney has said, as if the 50m price is legit then once placed Ashley will surely be named preffered bidder & with the "advanced talks" in these last 48hrs being reported maybe its a case of how quickly Ashley makes the bid.

Also fits in with with Appleby's group eventually stepped forward saying they're ready to go, knowing Ashley was now in talks.

18 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I've got to agree that Ashley ruined Newcastle, a great club with a recent history of winning the league, cup and european competitions multiple times, just before his ownership of the club or maybe not.

He will be interested in getting a return on his investment, which means getting Derby into the Premier. He was criticised at the toon for his lack of capital investment investment in the stadium and training facilities, these investments aren't guaranteed to bring success, as we can show. Fortunately, our ground and training facilities can survive for a few years without any major investment. So, any investment he makes, would be towards strengthening the squad and/or coaching staff.

Newcastle United have never won a trophy of note. Ashley kept them in the Premier league for the most part and financially stable. Given their history I can only think that his tenure was one of the most successful.