Liam Thompson

Day

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Nah, he can tackle....

That's one of the differences. Also, Thommo is much faster than Scholes ever was. On the other hand, Thommo doesn't look like a player who'd make a defence splitting pass or score.

There's one similiarty though. They are both English so in that sense, yeah they are similar.

3 hours ago, Dimmu said:

That's one of the differences. Also, Thommo is much faster than Scholes ever was. On the other hand, Thommo doesn't look like a player who'd make a defence splitting pass or score.

There's one similiarty though. They are both English so in that sense, yeah they are similar.

I think they are of a very similar pace (when at the same age)

• 1 month later...

Quite apart from his skill .. it’s his consistency. Not had a bad game since breaking through. 

I just pray we can keep these boys together. The great thing about youth is that they make huge strides in development with every game they play. It’s something you don’t get with mid career imports.

Don’t know what the ceiling is but they are reaching higher for it with every kick. 

On 30/11/2021 at 15:38, hintonsboots said:

A poor mans George Williams ?

I’d remove the “A poor man’s” bit and agree 100% with you.

Wins the ball with full throttled, controlled aggression and makes the simple pass. He truly is a much needed cog in the DCFC machine and I too am extremely impressed by his work ethic and all round performances.

Keep it going young un ?????????