Liam Thompson

Day

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Does Hutchinson count as one of these anymore then? 

Definitely not, he's had one sub for us, and a bunch of appearances at League 2 level. The same with Jack Stretton, his loan was at Conference level IIRC.  I can't think of any other youngsters who've played at lower levels, but they wouldn't count either.

6 hours ago, metalsheep02 said:

Not saying you are wrong at all but I would really like to understand this point. The agreed decision as provided by the EFL states the following which does seem to indicate that the date of the player's registration is significant:

1.1 “Permitted Player” means any Player who:

i) has at any point during their career, started in 3 League Matches (as defined in the EFL Regulations) in the same or higher division that the Club is participating in at the time of their registration; or

ii) is registered with the Club after the date of this Agreement.

Although I am now thinking that the at the time of their registration refers to the division the club is in rather than the number of starts?

Yeah I believe that part is about the league the club is in

16 hours ago, Crewton said:

What money would we owe them? 

Not sure this belongs on this thread but…

I’ve been trying to find where I read it and can’t for the life of me find it! I can’t remember if it was on here, on Twitter or maybe the Facebook page but I can’t retrieve it for love or money! But I remember reading last year somewhere that his ‘fee’ was based on paying Southend several thousand ££ for each league appearance. If so, that’ll be a debt the admin staff simply wouldn’t allow us to incur.

Ill try and find where I read it but it’s buried somewhere on a page I can’t seem to dig up!

18 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

I’ve been trying to find where I read it and can’t for the life of me find it! I can’t remember if it was on here, on Twitter or maybe the Facebook page but I can’t retrieve it for love or money! But I remember reading last year somewhere that his ‘fee’ was based on paying Southend several thousand ££ for each league appearance. If so, that’ll be a debt the admin staff simply wouldn’t allow us to incur.

Ill try and find where I read it but it’s buried somewhere on a page I can’t seem to dig up!

Thanks. Pay-per-game fee would be a bit odd (I could understand so much after 10 games, so much after 50 etc) but with DCFC you never know! 

31 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Would that include the U23s as well? As he didn’t start for them last night either. Hasn’t he been injured recently?

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Would that include the U23s as well? As he didn’t start for them last night either. Hasn’t he been injured recently?

I’d doubt it but I also doubt there’s any real point playing him in 23s when players who are available for first team have the opportunity for minutes…probably vital with the fixtures and squad size that all potentials are upto speed and ready to go

With yet another of our youngster being picked off and moved to Brighton.

The worrying question that’s bothering me the most right now at DCFC is how long before its one of Thompson, Bird, Buchanan, Knight, Ebosele etc etc. 

These youngsters that the club are bringing through that are 16 ish should be for the future of DCFC not Liverpool, Utd or Brightons. We clubs outside of the  Premier league require more protection from such actions.

7 minutes ago, sage said:

He is doing pretty well but people are getting over excited. Barely played a forward pass all game. Showing promise, neat and tidy but nothing progressive.

Puts tin hat on.

He's a ball winner, a very composed one at that.

Alongside Louie Watson, the passer, and Festy Ebosele, the runner, that's a great looking - and balanced - midfield emerging for the next decade as we make our way up from League One to Premier League glory.

Edited by IslandExile

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

He's a ball winner, a very composed one at that.

Alongside Louie Watson, the passer, and Festy Ebosele, the runner, that's a great looking midfield emerging for the next decade as we make our way up from League One to Premier League glory.

He is doing well, but every time a decent young player emerges, fans lose their poo over them. Only Hughes was worth the hype.

So far he looks as promising as Bird and Knight.  

3 minutes ago, sage said:

He is doing pretty well but people are getting over excited. Barely played a forward pass all game. Showing promise, neat and tidy but nothing progressive.

Puts tin hat on.

The whole team is being coached in that way though. It’s neat, it’s tidy, but the overall style of play and balance in the team rarely hurts teams.

Look at Morrison. He is the one player you would think might take a risk with the ball at his feet but he has clearly been coached with an emphasis on retaining possession.

Retaining possession is OK if you want to hold your own and try to compete, but are Rooney and Rosenior coaching the players to be more daring in pursuit of victory? It’s hard to see.

Just now, Jourdan said:

The whole team is being coached in that way though. It’s neat, it’s tidy, but the overall style of play and balance in the team rarely hurts teams.

Look at Morrison. He is the one player you would think might take a risk with the ball at his feet but he has clearly been coached with an emphasis on retaining possession.

Retaining possession is OK if you want to hold your own and try to compete, but are Rooney and Rosenior coaching the players to be more daring in pursuit of victory? It’s hard to see.

Having decent forwards to pass to will help.   

1 minute ago, sage said:

He is doing well, but every time a decent young player emerges, fans lose their poo over them. Only Hughes was worth the hype.

So far he looks as promising as Bird and Knight.  

Barnes was the best young player we've produced.  Till his baalocks grew bigger than his head and he changed his name to Billy.  That 6 months warming Fulhams bench wasn't worth it really.

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Having decent forwards to pass to will help.   

But is Rooney getting the the absolute most out of Sibley, Jozwiak, Baldock, Morrison or CKR?

Could they actually be decent under a different coach?

People talk up our need for a centre forward, but let’s be honest, it won’t be like fairy dust if the manager can’t get the rest of the team functioning.