Your top 3 Hopes for 2021/22

Ellafella

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/56972/speech-once-more-unto-the-breach-dear-friends-once-more

Once more unto the breach dear friends…

If Percy is correct, it looks like the Administrators have made a pragmatic decision to accept the EFL’s vindictive agenda so we can draw a line, come out of Administration and know where we stand. It’s probably for the best. So my top 3 hopes now going forward:

1. WR stays as manager. He’s shown he’s the right calibre to re-launch us. He can now plan for League 1.

2. We’ve got to keep the nucleus of young players together; there are more to come eg Cashin. Blend them now to be a very strong League 1 side. Keep Shinnie if we can. We can hit League 1 “running” & storm back.

3. Get Kirchner in as owner. We need young, bold leadership with popular appeal not figures in the shadows with camel coats and sovereign rings.

Let’s stick together as fans facing up with a united front. Keep our dignity, not lose our heads. It’s darkest before dawn. 

What are your top 3 hopes going forward from here?:

Edited by Ellafella

We start taking ruthless actions now with existing players and instead of saying they're just OK actually saying OK isn't good enough, stop avoiding the current issues and get better ones in.

A manager that will be able to get the group of players left at his disposal galvanised into a coherent operating unit. I've left this one deliberately vague as I'm not sure whether Rooney is or isn't the person to do this at this juncture. 

Oh, you mean football related.... Ok then:

1. Long term existence is secured 

2. Attacking entertaining football 

3. Focus is entirely on the pitch, not off field "shenanigans"

Of course, winning games, promotions etc but I assume that's a given. Ditto a return to navy blue shorts and red numbers.

1. A owner who gives us a sustainable future (and some good forward players)

2. Attacking football

3. Sky TV realise showing us is a waste of time now, drop all our TV games and revert all games back to original kick off times 

I hope we start giving players like Stretton, Williams, Ebosele etc regular football. I hope the EFL also remove the absurd restrictions that stop us playing the likes of Cashin. We’re already down, they’re halting the progress of these players for no reason now.

Players like Cashin may not be good enough, but I’d rather have the chance to decide that now so we’re decided on what we need next season, rather than waste next year too by finding it out too late.

Players like CKR, Jagielka etc, who would definitely start in our best XI are not our future, and probably won’t be here in L1 next season, so I’d favour the younger players for next season.

I also hope WR stays and already begins to implement his plan and style for next year. He’s in a unique position of being able to plan for next season with still 2/3 of the current campaign still remaining.

1)a new manager (sorry guys but I don’t think Rooney is what we need in league 1) with an eye for up and coming players who won’t cost a fortune (as young Clough achieved)

2)Stable ownership who are in for the long haul

3)attractive progressive and entertaining football.

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

1)a new manager (sorry guys but I don’t think Rooney is what we need in league 1) with an eye for up and coming players who won’t cost a fortune (as young Clough achieved)

2)Stable ownership who are in for the long haul

3)attractive progressive and entertaining football.

1) is a fair enough opinion, but I think it’s unrealistic. Most reports of our takeover interest lists Rooney as an attracting factor. I can’t see someone like Kirchner buying us and his first act being to remove Rooney to hire somebody like Ryan Lowe.

Rooney has been committed to us so far. If the additional -9 becomes official, and he’s still stays, then he’s accepted our relegation. He isn’t going to quit, and I doubt he’d be sacked for poor results given the circumstances we’d be in.

1) get a new owner in and clear house in January to prepare for life in league 1 

2) remove Wayne Rooney from his position. His commitment has been admirable but both his salary and his experience do not fit what we'll need down there. This is no time for a rookie who has managed 4 wins in 32. 

3) For the fans to coalesce and get behind the club as league 1 approaches. It's going to be a hard tough rest of the season and league 1 will not be glamourous but we need to try and make the best of it. 

That a hacking group release damming emails that prove the EFL has acted in bad faith. We are then vindicated of all charges, except 4 points for a simple minor P and S breach. We sue the EFL and are awarded substantial damages which the new owner splurges on a quality striker in January. We then start scoring goals for fun, get to the playoffs. Then when said striker is injured. and other injuries mount amongst our tired but battling heroes, Rooney is forced to get fit, re register as a player and scores a hat trick in an epic playoff final that takes to the prem. 

1. A stable new owner in place with money.

2. Keep hold of our youngsters in January and start blooding them gradually in the first team in preparation of more game time next season.

3. Recruit a new manager, young but with experience and already a track record of delivering results and winning football matches. Ian Evatt isn’t a bad shout.

19 minutes ago, jono said:

That a hacking group release damming emails that prove the EFL has acted in bad faith. We are then vindicated of all charges, except 4 points for a simple minor P and S breach. We sue the EFL and are awarded substantial damages which the new owner splurges on a quality striker in January. We then start scoring goals for fun, get to the playoffs. Then when said striker is injured. and other injuries mount amongst our tired but battling heroes, Rooney is forced to get fit, re register as a player and scores a hat trick in an epic playoff final that takes to the prem. 

Then the alarm clock goes off ?

20 minutes ago, jono said:

keep taking the opiates @jono?