Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

36 minutes ago, Curtains said:

This is the worst possible outcome but we just have to move on as fans and hope we survive as a club .

The administrators have been far too optimistic IMO from day one .

Who knows what will happen next ! 

Hopefully a takeover is imminent 

You're criticising them for being too optimistic - no doubt you'd be saying the same if they were too pessimistic. They are professionals involved in an unpleasant task of unravelling the absolute mess our Club has been put in - maybe they should have said nothing until all matters were resolved?

37 minutes ago, alram said:

we need facts and a plan from the administrators.

The way they approached it so far appears to be lets pretend everything is under control and we are staying up until we find a buyer, but this has basically poo poo'd that plan.

You seem to be the one with all the facts and all the answers, maybe the administrators should be asking you for advice.

34 minutes ago, alram said:

this is the future of Derby county in the hands of somebody that is clearly prepared to gamble.

On the contrary, for the past few seasons we have been in the hands of somebody clearly prepared to gamble - and for the most part, Derby fans were happy with that situation.

The administrators are working with one remit only - to do their best on behalf of the creditors.

5 minutes ago, Rev said:

I think we should keep 3 upfront when defending corners anyhow! 

4, or even 5 taken out of our box to cover them if the ball is cleared.

A man after my own heart. Have never understood the logic of having everyone back in the six yard box. 

This game needs to be more about messing with the oppositions' heads rather than playing to accepted norms and procedures. 

Imagine winning a corner in the 3rd minute and Roos goes up! You're telling me that's not going to slightly twist their thinking. 

Edited by Archie

Agree with some of the above posts, go out all guns blazing now. No defending just attack, go down swinging. Competition is a joke so let’s at least have a laugh for the rest of the season. 

39 minutes ago, Norman said:

Yeah, they have. Whip up the positivity, get numbers through the door, hope it corresponds to slightly better results on the pitch and on the whole make us look as attractive as possible to buyers.

It's their job. But still. I got sucked in. 

And the alternative is ??‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

You're criticising them for being too optimistic - no doubt you'd be saying the same if they were too pessimistic. They are professionals involved in an unpleasant task of unravelling the absolute mess our Club has been put in - maybe they should have said nothing until all matters were resolved?

Maybe they were right to be optimistic if the takeover goes ahead. 

We will see what transpires 

If this does prove to be correct it could help us..

We can build a league 1 squad in January, sell those that won't fancy it or will be priced out of our revised budgets..we can land in League 1 running..it doesn't often work that way with teams relegated on the last day and having to react and plan in 6 weeks..

Just now, Yani P said:

If this does prove to be correct it could help us..

We can build a league 1 squad in January, sell those that won't fancy it or will be priced out of our revised budgets..we can land in League 1 running..it doesn't often work that way with teams relegated on the last day and having to react and plan in 6 weeks..

Ah, memories of Paul Jewell and 2008/09 flooding back.

Gutted hardly seems strong enough. I have had good and bad days with the rams but this is the worst.

Moving on let's hope there is some changes within the EFL so no club ever had to go through what we have gone through. It is beyond stupid  that this has gone on so long, the EFL must put a timeframe on proceedings. Equally stupid us that the EFL want a copy of every clubs accounts but don't look at them. To me we changed the method of amortization in whatever year that was. The EFL didn't object (because they had not looked at them) so we used the same way wears 2,3 and even 4. Then the EFL bothered to look at them and have deducted points for each year. In other words the auditors tried it on, and the EFL suckered them into doing the same thing again and again. The EFL need to change their internal rules so when they make a rule that anything has to be done they do something with it rather than just tick a box to say they have it. Promoted clubs that break the rules must be punished if they are religated from the premiership one year or 20 years later and by punished I mean points deduction not a few percentage of the money they were paid for being in the premiership (thinking of QPR here). Football fans are the ones that ultimately suffer and the EFL could not care less.

36 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Will some of the points deduction be deferred to need season if we are relegated even without the deductions?

Believe me … that is what the EFL want to do. They have a track record of vindictively pursuing clubs way out proportion to offences committed, especially when egged on by partisan committee members. It’s been my fear all along. I’ll swallow a pill of relegation. It will hurt, but ritual humiliation just isn’t right and I will rage about it all day long. 

for the life of me I cannot understand where all the decent men have gone. ( maybe there never were any and I am just naive  ) This goes way beyond DCFC. There is a complete lack of nobility running through everyday life and from every political or sporting angle. Too many wrong uns out there. 

Soz .. it’s been a long day 

2 minutes ago, jono said:

for the life of me I cannot understand where all the decent men have gone. ( maybe there never were any and I am just naive  ) This goes way beyond DCFC. There is a complete lack of nobility running through everyday life and from every political or sporting angle. Too many wrong uns out there. 

That's a Bonnie Tyler song innit 

6 minutes ago, jono said:

Believe me … that is what the EFL want to do. They have a track record of vindictively pursuing clubs way out proportion to offences committed, especially when egged on by partisan committee members. It’s been my fear all along. I’ll swallow a pill of relegation. It will hurt, but ritual humiliation just isn’t right and I will rage about it all day long. 

Well put. I have same feeling