Newcastle United takeover confirmed

oomarkwright

8 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Don’t know why, but something about Amanda Stavely has alarm bells ringing for me.

Ive seen her interviewed on TV and heard her on Talksport, she comes across as quite arrogant, impolite and self serving.

How as an English woman (with all the equal rights she has enjoyed throughout her life) can be associated with and be the spokeswoman of the people she represents simply astounds me. ???????

I think NUFC may now be dancing with the devil in more ways than one.

A Millionairess in her own right, She's got where she is with not being very nice, She's in it for the Loot and nowt else, Football is going further down a very dark path, State sanctioned Murder by the 80% shareholder of the company that's took over the Bar Codes.

The BBC has asked the Government to disclose the details under the freedom of information act on what the talks were about between the UK Government and the Saudis...the BBC recieved a heavily redacted copy of the 2 meetings, They didn't want to sour relations between the 2 Countries...Shocking!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58840820

I find the Newcastle takeover both infuriating and depressing in equal measure. How on earth is a regime who commits genocide on a defenceless nation like Yemen and stones to death women and children from its own country let alone has public beheadings, allowed to buy a football club in England.

Fit and proper person my arse. Mel Morris is an arrogant ******** yet is being treated as if he is the one committing war crimes. It is an utter disgrace.

Morality has not existed in football since...?

Can't welcome worker exploiters, leveraged buyouts, gambling companies, property developers, investment bankers, oil men and newspaper owners but get all outraged by Sovereign Wealth funds taking over. 

Either they're all wrong or they're all acceptable.

Personally, I find them all equally horrible and long for the day that it either all blows up or fans "seize the means of production" and run all the clubs themselves. 

I kind of pity the Newcastle fans - so desperate for success and so fed up of Mike Ashley (who I cannot believe people want here - I'd rather we were liquidated) that they're welcoming the Saudi's with open arms (pun intended). But then again, fair play to them for still being so invested in the shitshow that is top flight football that they care if they win trophies or not.

Ducking Neoliberalism.

Edited by JoetheRam

8 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Morality has not existed in football since...?

Can't welcome worker exploiters, leveraged buyouts, gambling companies, property developers, investment bankers, oil men and newspaper owners but get all outraged by Sovereign Wealth funds taking over. 

Either they're all wrong or they're all acceptable.

Personally, I find them all equally horrible and long for the day that it either all blows up or fans "seize the means of production" and run all the clubs themselves. 

I kind of pity the Newcastle fans - so desperate for success and so fed up of Mike Ashley (who I cannot believe people want here - I'd rather we were liquidated) that they're welcoming the Saudi's with open arms (pun intended). But then again, fair play to them for still being so invested in the shitshow that is top flight football that they care if they win trophies or not.

Ducking Neoliberalism.

I love this post, In fact, i love you. There I said It. 

the “Geordie nation” are aLmost as insufferable as the scousers. why they think they have a devine right to win anything is beyond me, last time they were any good God was still a boy. 

41 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I love this post, In fact, i love you. There I said It. 

the “Geordie nation” are aLmost as insufferable as the scousers. why they think they have a devine right to win anything is beyond me, last time they were any good God was still a boy. 

Team them up with West Ham fans and you have a proper party.

15 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

The way their fans have treated managers disgusts me. I hope these new owners are nutjobs who fill the team with their sons and nephews and the team just gets whacked 8-0 weekly! 

It would be quite funny to hear their fans have to try an explain and justify a load of useless Saudi players being on their books rather than mbappe. (Although I think they have bigger fish to fry)

24 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

The way their fans have treated managers disgusts me. I hope these new owners are nutjobs who fill the team with their sons and nephews and the team just gets whacked 8-0 weekly! 

People continually bang on about what great fans Newcastle have - no, they have a lot of fans, not great ones. They used to worship Andy Carroll - he didn’t demand to leave or refuse to play (Harry Kane anyone?) but left Newcastle when they decided to cash in on him - and yet the first time he went back they all booed him…

I saw some of them quoted this morning that they’d “got their club back” - not sure where they thought it had gone - at least Ashley turned up to watch them even if he wasn’t willing or able to pump in the big money needed to make them competitive. Quite how having a remote group with extremely dodgy views on human rights in charge rather than Ashley is “getting your club back” I’m not sure….

If we was Newcastle, there would be similar celebrations albeit on a smaller scale, let's not try and deny it.

When the Michael Dell, the fake Shiekh we're linked with buying us things, some were getting a little carried away.

They are the latest chosen ones, can't see why they shouldn't enjoy it.

We can't even handle losing a game to Rotherham so to sit here an point fingers at Newcastle who have had a sniff at the top and want more, just seems a little bit hypocritical.

5 minutes ago, David said:

If we was Newcastle, there would be similar celebrations albeit on a smaller scale, let's not try and deny it.

When the Michael Dell, the fake Shiekh we're linked with buying us things, some were getting a little carried away.

They are the latest chosen ones, can't see why they shouldn't enjoy it.

We can't even handle losing a game to Rotherham so to sit here an point fingers at Newcastle who have had a sniff at the top and want more, just seems a little bit hypocritical.

I don't think any Derby fans would claim we deserve to be a top Premier League team, which is not uncommon to see from Newcastle fans, 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

I don't think any Derby fans would claim we deserve to be a top Premier League team, which is not uncommon to see from Newcastle fans, 

Not top, but Premier League.

Was definitely a thing on here when things were going well.

6 minutes ago, David said:

Not top, but Premier League.

Was definitely a thing on here when things were going well.

At times that wasn't unrealistic or improbable! I think there is certainly a case to be made for Newcastle fans having delusions of grandeur. Us too, but to a lesser extent, I'd argue.