Newcastle United takeover confirmed

oomarkwright

Hope it all works out awfully for them. Based mainly in the single Newcastle fan I know anyway.

Type of twit who's all over Facebook posting pretentious, keeping up appearances outrage over political and human rights stuff every day.

Funnily enough hasn't said a ducking word in opposition to their new owners, just celebrating getting rid of Ashley.

He's not even bloody from Newcastle the banker.

If Ashley was to be in for us, unlikely as it is, bite his hand off. From what we are told he is not someone I warm to but that is immaterial he knows how to run a football club successfully and that is what we need stability in the Premiership would do for me rather than liquidation any day.

q

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

What’s Ashley done soooooo wrong at Newcastle?

What were the realistic aspirations for that Club?

World domination of course, as befits the most passionate and loyal fan base in the world. I remember there being 16,000 in there when I went in 91-92 and 1500 were from Derby, after they slipped into the bottom 3 they were averaging 13,000, but lets not ruin a good story.

Ideally you don't want these types of regimes involved with our football clubs but with Newcastle let's be honest it's especially nauseating. The way their fanbase goes on about Ashley you'd have thought he'd have shipped them down to the 4th division, sold off St James' for high rise flats and changed the strip to red and white. Instead, they've been kept in the Premier League and the two times they did get relegated they spent 10's of millions to get back up and win the league in style. They haven't won anything for going on almost 70 years I believe so shouldn't have any realistic expectations of trophies beyond their own belief that they're 'massive'. Yet, the celebrations aren't about them winning apparently it's merely about 'having a club to be proud of' i.e., they were getting mardy they weren't winning enough and think they'll now buy the league. 

Maybe it'll all blow up in their faces but I somehow can't see it. The national economy of Saudi is pretty shoddily built and the sovereign wealth fund the last time I checked was a cornerstone of their plan for economic viability going forward. But even if they spend even a fraction of the wealth they have going forward it's going to be hard to conceive they're not going to be a force even if they're badly mismanaged. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

11 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Ideally you don't want these types of regimes involved with our football clubs but with Newcastle let's be honest it's especially nauseating. The way their fanbase goes on about Ashley you'd have thought he'd have shipped them down to the 4th division, sold off St James' for high rise flats and changed the strip to red and white. Instead, they've been kept in the Premier League and the two times they did get relegated they spent 10's of millions to get back up and win the league in style. They haven't won anything for going on almost 70 years I believe so shouldn't have any realistic expectations of trophies beyond their own belief that they're 'massive'. Yet, the celebrations aren't about them winning apparently it's merely about 'having a club to be proud of' i.e., they were getting mardy they weren't winning enough and think they'll now buy the league. 

Maybe it'll all blow up in their faces but I somehow can't see it. The national economy of Saudi is pretty shoddily built and the sovereign wealth fund the last time I checked was a cornerstone of their plan for economic viability going forward. But even if they spend even a fraction of the wealth they have going forward it's going to be hard to conceive they're not going to be a force even if they're badly mismanaged. 

Yeah, the Saudi economy has a cast iron guarantee from the UK, US and Israel. No danger of cash flow problems there.

Newcastle will join Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal in the next year or two. Leicester, West Ham, Tottenham, Everton will slip down the greasy pole a notch or two.

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Yeah, the Saudi economy has a cast iron guarantee from the UK, US and Israel. No danger of cash flow problems there.

Newcastle will join Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal in the next year or two. Leicester, West Ham, Tottenham, Everton will slip down the greasy pole a notch or two.

Arsenal ?