Newcastle United takeover confirmed

oomarkwright

Don’t know why, but something about Amanda Stavely has alarm bells ringing for me.

Ive seen her interviewed on TV and heard her on Talksport, she comes across as quite arrogant, impolite and self serving.

How as an English woman (with all the equal rights she has enjoyed throughout her life) can be associated with and be the spokeswoman of the people she represents simply astounds me. ???????

I think NUFC may now be dancing with the devil in more ways than one.

13 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Don’t know why, but something about Amanda Stavely has alarm bells ringing for me.

Ive seen her interviewed on TV and heard her on Talksport, she comes across as quite arrogant, impolite and self serving.

How as an English woman (with all the equal rights she has enjoyed throughout her life) can be associated with and be the spokeswoman of the people she represents simply astounds me. ???????

I think NUFC may now be dancing with the devil in more ways than one.

The financing seems a little odd. Main investor 80%, AS plus one other 10% each. Will she be able to maintain her 10% when they start pumping money in, or will it be diluted...

Edited by derby8

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Newcastle fans doing logical gymnastics to justify this one after calling Man City's trophies hollow is a sight to behold.

Almost as annoying as the breed of Newcastle fan that thinks they are one of the biggest clubs in the country, despite their only post-war trophy being an FA Cup in the 50's.

there was the fairs cup in 1969, to be fair?

I think I'm in a minority of one in quite liking Newcastle. Fantastic city, interesting club, big fanbase, incredible stadium, fans always travel in numbers. Name me a fanbase that doesn't hold some delusions of grandeur!

The Saudis? Yep, not a nice regime by our standards, several stances on human rights, LGBT, not cutting people up into pieces don't sit well with me obviously.

But, why should NUFC and their fans have to reject their takeover which will mean significant investment into their club and city, when other clubs in this country haven't? Chelsea? Man City? And also when our government supply them with weapons, offer no consequences to their actions and generally suck up to them?

Smacks of hypocrisy to me, the horse has long since bolted on this argument.

Having said all that, watch DCFC now attract a takeover from the Taliban Investment Fund. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

This whole ''Newcastle deserves this'' that is being played doesn't really work for me. I fail to see how Newcastle fans deserve anything more than we do, or Sheffield Wednesday, or Forest, or Leeds, or Villa or any other club. Mike Ashley wasn't that bad and they never had a particularly tough time of it. 

Their bleating about Ashley was frankly pathetic and stems from the fact that a lot of Newcastle fans are utterly deluded as to their standing within the game.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Their bleating about Ashley was frankly pathetic and stems from the fact that a lot of Newcastle fans are utterly deluded as to their standing within the game.

They were in a position about right for them. Generally middle of the pack Premier League, a few dips to the Championship which resulted in immediate promotion and was probably quite enjoyable for their fans. Their rivals Sunderland have had a far harder time of it but Newcastle fans still think they've been in a difficult situation, which I just don't really see.

Edited by Andicis

2 hours ago, rsmini said:

Does this now mean they can break the FFP rules and overspend as much as they like? Be interesting to see if the PL/FA keep an eye on that one. 

I bet a certain person at a nearby club will be watching how much they spend!

They'll spend what they want and not give a duck.......just like City, PSG, Barca, Madrid etc ect

2 hours ago, rsmini said:

Does this now mean they can break the FFP rules and overspend as much as they like? Be interesting to see if the PL/FA keep an eye on that one. 

I bet a certain person at a nearby club will be watching how much they spend!

I'm sure they'll try and find creative ways to circumvent such restrictions.  20 year naming rights on the stadium like Arsenal, players on £1m a week earning it via ambassador roles for the country like Neymar at PSG.  Let's hope they don't go doing stupid things like using different amortisation practices for their players contracts & flogging St James' to themselves for £1b or that tight permed jebend from down the road will kick up a stink...

The whole Newcastle takeover and the way Newcastle fans have reacted to it has just added to my general disillusionment to football. The whole thing just seems pointless.

All football is these days is which billionaire happens to buy which club. The history, location, community means nothing. The reasons why they buy a club means nothing. What is the actual point of the success they do or don't get from it?

The saddest thing is the way Newcastle fans are just embracing it. Even the BBC has a big article with Shearer saying how it's a 'Special day', then right at the bottom it has a little line about 'questions need to be asked' about human rights abuses etc. Like that won't be completely forgotten if they start winning. There's a part where Shearer says 'I'm excited about what will happen to our club'. It's not your club. No club is any fans club anymore. Fans are just completely irrelevant.

Do they not care at all that they're just being used by the Saudis as a form of Sportswashing? Is winning at all costs really worth it? Do people these days just have no morals or dignity? or does it just show that anyone will be happy if throw enough money at them?

I know footballs always been like this to some extent, but it's just got to a point where it just makes everything meaningless. Has football ever been further away from what it was originally meant to be? They warned us this would all happen in 1992.

Edited by DCFC Kicks

11 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

The whole Newcastle takeover and the way Newcastle fans have reacted to it has just added to my general disillusionment to football. The whole thing just seems pointless.

All football is these days is which billionaire happens to but which club. The history, location, community means nothing. The reasons why they buy a club means nothing. What is the actual point of the success they do or don't get from it?

The saddest thing is the way Newcastle fans are just embracing it. Even the BBC has a big article with Shearer saying how it's a 'Special day', then right at the bottom it has a little line about 'questions need to be asked' about human rights abuses etc. Like that won't be completely forgotten if they start winning. There's a part where Shearer says 'I'm excited about what will happen to our club'. It's not your club. No club is any fans club anymore. Fans are just completely irrelevant.

Do they not care at all that they're just being used by the Saudis as a form of Sportswashing? Is winning at all costs really worth it? Do people these days just have no morals or dignity? or does it just show that anyone will be happy if throw enough money at them?

I know footballs always been like this to some extent, but it's just got to a point where it just makes everything meaningless. Has football ever been further away from what it was originally meant to be? They warned us this would all happen in 1992.

keep calm real madrid GIF

Calm down.