Newcastle United takeover confirmed

oomarkwright

They were saying that the top class managers will want the Newcastle job after the next manager.

Man City started with Mark Hughes before going for a bigger name. But they were in a far better starting position. The next Newcastle boss will likely take them down. How long would they last then?

Can't see them attracting a top manager at this point in the season - one of the elite would want something to build on so they'll probably attract an o.k. manager tasked with keeping them up and maybe getting a few older 'stars' in January to provide a bit of quality. I could see Lampard or Howe giving it a go.....

One of the bigger names would want them to be an established top-half team and would demand a whole summer transfer window to carry out recruitment. Spurs attracted Conte because they already have quality in the squad - who do Newcastle have? It's almost a case of starting from scratch...

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59847166

And so it begins. But is Trippier really going to go from Atlético Madrid to a team headed for the Championship?

Newcastle might have megabucks and big ambitions, but now we get to see what that is really worth in terms of pulling power. 

Trippier is the wrong side of 30 now and for an energetic wing back type is now probably just about to start to decline. 

On 04/11/2021 at 08:37, Gaspode said:

Can't see them attracting a top manager at this point in the season - one of the elite would want something to build on so they'll probably attract an o.k. manager tasked with keeping them up and maybe getting a few older 'stars' in January to provide a bit of quality. I could see Lampard or Howe giving it a go.....

One of the bigger names would want them to be an established top-half team and would demand a whole summer transfer window to carry out recruitment. Spurs attracted Conte because they already have quality in the squad - who do Newcastle have? It's almost a case of starting from scratch...

This is all becoming quite prophetic now. Do you have the lottery numbers too?

Quite amusing to see Newcastle owners so desperate to splash their cash, but no decent footballer really interested in going there. Trippier for £25m seems possible now, but for all the back page gossip I wonder what over-priced dross they may end up with come the end of January?

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Quite amusing to see Newcastle owners so desperate to splash their cash, but no decent footballer really interested in going there. Trippier for £25m seems possible now, but for all the back page gossip I wonder what over-priced dross they may end up with come the end of January?

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Lawrence is available for £15 million