Newcastle United takeover confirmed

oomarkwright

6 hours ago, David said:

Sounds like an excuse from Roy Keane, players tend to live on the outskirts of cities anyway or even further away, Rooney travels a couple hours into Derby each day.

Don't forget the city has an airport, easy to fly home or wherever when injured or have time off.

Really don't see location being an issue.

Players would obviously choose Paris, Manchester and Munich over Newcastle right now, but that's as they have established top teams, not necessarily location.

Paris is a real dump and Germany the women sound like men.

Have they got roadworks on the A6 again?

He has a flat in Duffield he sleeps at most nights

On 11/10/2021 at 14:54, David said:

easyHotel in Newcastle by the way, avoid it. Looks great on the pics, book in advance and it's £25, basic bed and a roof, what more do you want?

Well, after leaving a very clean and modern reception you walk through a door to go up to the rooms, well, you know when you step off a plane in Spain and the heat hits you.

Step through this door and the smell of stale urine hits you, honestly looked and smelt like I had just walked into a multi story car park.

We go up the lift and the missus asks if it's a hostel, I had to question it myself at this point having passed some toothless locals with their piano keyboard smiles.

Into the room, hmm, it's not that bad I guess, least it doesn't smell of urine. Missus runs to toilet where I hear a huge crash, the toilet seat had fell off. Oh dear. I did get a laugh though.

I went to put my phone on charge in the single plug socket in the room, nothing, didn't work. Tried ringing both numbers on the website but didn't work. Great.

Opened the window as it was a tad warm, but up came the smell of the refuse bins below the window. 

Fair to say I was in trouble for the missus for not checking reviews which were shocking on Facebook, 10pm at night there was little we could do but stick the quilt over our heads and hope for the best.

Other hotels are available and why were you in bed by 10pm in the city that never sleeps?!!!

19 minutes ago, WharfedaleRam said:

Other hotels are available and why were you in bed by 10pm in the city that never sleeps?!!!

Had a tattoo session all day, train straight after then an early train to Edinburgh in the morning. Knackered.

Newcastle better hope they're not too far adrift come January because their team is crap.

Norwich, Burnley and Watford will be the only teams they are capable of finishing above right now. And I expect Burnley will improve as they usually do once they get going.

Leeds, Southampton and Palace are comfortably better than them. As are Brentford.

Just now, Rammy03 said:

I don't really understand why he got so much stick. Could he really have done much better? Newcastle had a bad squad and never invested in the right players. That's nothing to do with Steve Bruce.

2 years at Sunderland, that's why. They never accepted him from day 1, even when they were doing alright.

17 minutes ago, David said:

Just proves how clueless he is - it'a a potato head, not a cabbage head, you great pillock......

Not sure I can actually find any sympathy for him - walked out on several clubs when better offers came along - and some of the Newcastle performances under him have been cowardly.....

Edited by Gaspode

I guess we'll find out pretty soon if there is any substance in the Rooney link.

As an aside, I am absolutely of the opinion that tweeting abuse at players, managers or anyone on twitter is the hallmark of a total Bamford, but "tactically inept cabbage head" is incredible. Genuinely made me laugh out loud.