Rams vs Reading Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

8 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

…because we made a substitution.

No … because he was wildly inconsistent. The type of fouls committed by both sides Vs those that warranted cards .. it was a disgrace. The card count us V them ? No way were they dealt consistently. Terrible performance. I’d love to see the assessors report .. It won’t be good. 

2 minutes ago, jono said:

No … because he was wildly inconsistent. The type of fouls committed by both sides Vs those that warranted cards .. it was a disgrace. The card count us V them ? No way were they dealt consistently. Terrible performance. I’d love to see the assessors report .. It won’t be good. 

It'll be 9/10 - the assessor's probably an EFL stooge too.

Allsop - showed that he is an experienced keeper - he did well 

Byrne - did ok 

Stearman - deserved some game time and did well 

Davies - excellent apart from his one blooper 

Forsyth - Great to see a home goal from Forsyth - he is our out ball isn’t he 

Shinnie - he’s just a very good pest 

Bird - looked settled 

Morrison- surprised he stayed on so long as he looks shattered by 65 mins in most games 

knight - worked very hard closing down the Reading players 

Lawrence - I thought he had a very good game 

Baldock - not sure if he came of injured 

sub - Stretton - I do like him 

Reading - lots of decent attacking players but you could tell they were missing their more confident defenders

1 minute ago, jono said:

That's where I come down on. It was honestly surreal at times watching him;  2 similar challenges a couple minutes apart and one wouldnt be a foul and one would get a yellow.

Inconsistent is what I'd say if I was feeling cool headed and generous. Incompetent feels more accurate though.

Personally I'd like to have a had a neutral opinion on him because it felt like we certainly an unfair amount go against us but I don't know how much of that is my own bias.

2 minutes ago, jono said:

That backward header at full stretch ….just just just…  grazed a few tufts of hair .. but it was enough .. magic.

Stretching every nerve and sinew 

Mentioned it in the other thread but Stearman's performance can largely described as "just enough". Couple really nervy moments and yet always seemed to do just about enough to snuff out what they were doing.

Great performance today, Forsyth won lots of headers and deserved a goal. To overcome his injuries and play like that... fantastic. Shinnie great as well.

The whole team looked more like a Derby side from a few years ago. Incisive passing, fluid, solid midfield and threat down each wing. Looked completely different to last season. 
Fans were great. Some dodgy decisions against us. Looked a penalty to me! Should have been out of sight but 1-0 home win will always be welcome ! 
First home match in 18months. Loved it. 

Are you watching mel Morris ,,,,,, THIS is the Derby way , fans ,players , manager who fill you with pride , a manager by the way who is staying and giving his all to Derby county even though you couldn’t even tell him you a supposed one of our own super fans was bailing out and we were going into admin and left it to sky sports ,

god knows how this season ends and even if it’s the end for Derby county but we are standing and fighting , I’m one proud lifelong Derby fan

Just now, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Great performance today, Forsyth won lots of headers and deserved a goal. To overcome his injuries and play like that... fantastic. Shinnie great as well.

The whole team looked more like a Derby side from a few years ago. Incisive passing, fluid, solid midfield and threat down each wing. Looked completely different to last season. 
Fans were great. Some dodgy decisions against us. Looked a penalty to me! Should have been out of sight but 1-0 home win will always be welcome ! 
First home match in 18months. Loved it. 

It's the major reason why I'm more supportive and willing to cut Rooney more slack when things don't go our way. We are going out to try to win games by trying to play a good passing game and impose that on the opposition as opposed to react to what they are doing. Does it always work ? No but the intent is correct and I think we are on the whole improving in terms of performance.

This team is playing better than the sum of its parts, that is credit to the players and importantly the manager. Every player out there is working hard for the club and has/does face criticism at times on this board; not good enough, too old, lazy, past it, not quick enough, too slow etc and fair enough, opinion is what this board is all about but at the moment we are a team, players management and supporters together and long may it continue. Very Proud to support this team and manager!

Great win that could and probably should have been more comfortable. Hard to pick an actual m.o.m as every player put in a shift tonight. If I was pushed to pick then Stearman would just shade it due to coming in out of the cold and producing a pretty flawless display apart from his yellow card. 

Tonight and moving forward isn't about picking out individuals though. It's a collective effort that is gonna see us through this turbulent period. UTR.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Oh and I've rarely seen a ref so constantly badly positioned. He's been in the way of our intended passes a dozen times or so, meaning we've not been able to play the ball we wanted. 

And now a blatant handball penalty not given for us. Astonishing! I am furious. Absolutely stone waller not given to us. What is wrong with these officials? 

Twice under Lawrence’s feet on the edge of the box, interfered with a late break.

10 pretty innocuous fouls by each side and somehow that becomes 

4 yellows to Derby 0 yellows to Reading 

And the penno ? 

And what happened whenRavell was crunched in the D ? .. I was too far away .. but nothing ! 

Furious .. sometimes moaning about refs is about hard cheese, luck of the bounce 50/50 and fan bias but this guy ! 

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I had to go out so missed the second half.

We're showing all the right kinds of battling qualities needed to stay up. Clean sheets go a long way, and right now we don't look like conceding many goals at all.

Turn PP into a fortress and we'll have a chance.

In our circumstances pre-season I wouldn't have given Curtis a contract as I didn't feel we could risk him after the injury. But he is proving himself a star defender. Makes me wonder what might have been had we built the defence around him a few years ago. I think that was his 100th start for us tonight. According to the stats guys I've spoken with, a clean sheet averages out as worth 2.5 points. I just wish we had a bit more threat up top, but Rooney is doing well with the terrible hand he's been dealt. With such a solid defence we are always in the game and we can finally hold onto a lead.

My hope is we can now accrue enough points to stay positive when the EFL hit us again. The target for this team is to show they'd have made the playoffs if it weren't for the ongoing issues. Which would be miraculous.

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

It's the major reason why I'm more supportive and willing to cut Rooney more slack when things don't go our way. We are going out to try to win games by trying to play a good passing game and impose that on the opposition as opposed to react to what they are doing. Does it always work ? No but the intent is correct and I think we are on the whole improving in terms of performance.

I’m one who has to say that he has surprised me , I just couldn’t see him getting us playing the way he has this season , all credit to Rooney he is doing a very good job and we look very decent , full of pressing and energy , passing and moving well and well organised , if we had a touch more up top we would be very dangerous