Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

On 23/01/2022 at 13:46, ossieram said:

Cocaine is used by loads of young uns now and is not just a football thing. It's used on nights out and even just to perk them up if they are staying up late to watch boxing! I don't see the attraction myself,  but it's just the way things are now.

I assume I'm one of the "Luddites" you are referring to! I suppose calling other fans names like that or morons is acceptable if you don't approve of their behaviour, just don't call them ginger or you'll be accused of bullying. 

I think the difference probably lies in the fact that being ginger is genetic, isn't illegal and doesn't lead to you being a dick and ruining people's enjoyment.

FWIW I couldnt care less if people snort coke, its their lives but, just the same with alcohol, if it turns you into a dick then its probably best not to do it.

8 hours ago, RamsfanJim said:

I can try. I have been in touch with Boro and did receive a response, but they have not responded to me recently (seemingly since it got greater coverage). I will keep trying.

Cheers,

Jim.

Another question to add if you do engage with him.

For the 3 years ended 30 June 2018, the comparative figures for our 2 clubs were as follows:-

Wages

DCFC £108m

Boro   £146m

Net Transfer Spend

DCFC £38m

Boro   £90m

Do you really believe that DCFC gained a competitive advantage over Boro by using a different method of amortisation?

39 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Another question to add if you do engage with him.

For the 3 years ended 30 June 2018, the comparative figures for our 2 clubs were as follows:-

Wages

DCFC £108m

Boro   £146m

Net Transfer Spend

DCFC £38m

Boro   £90m

Do you really believe that DCFC gained a competitive advantage over Boro by using a different method of amortisation?

Good detail, however it needs to be compared to income to give the real picture, plus other over heads.

2 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

Doh. And Boro have lost. Such a shame. Who's Gibbo gonna sue for tonight's loss? Blackblackburn Rovers Catering for the quite-frankly substandard quality of blackpudding supplied to his team prior to kick-off?

Probably sue the ref. The game was stopped for 8 minutes because of a medical incident in the crowd. The ref only played 14 minutes of additional time at the end…

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I thought Boro's complaint was that we outbid them for Waghorn and offered him more wages?

I think that is the (real)hidden reason dressed up by an allegation of overspending on our part. Overall it would be good to see how much they got through the year, take away the parachute payments to see how we actually compared.

17 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

Doh. And Boro have lost. Such a shame. Who's Gibbo gonna sue for tonight's loss? Blackblackburn Rovers Catering for the quite-frankly substandard quality of blackpudding supplied to his team prior to kick-off?

They will sue anyone and everyone they loose too ?