Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just thinking out loud here but with all interested parties seemingly now throwing statements and questions around like confetti, should one of our official supporter groups try to engage with Gibson and put some questions to him?

Im thinking of something along the lines of:-

1 - Please confirm how much your claim against DCFC is for, how it is calculated and on what basis it is made

2 - Please confirm why your claim is against DCFC and not the EFL. You will be aware that an IDC found that Derby had not 'systematically cheated' as you claim and had fully acted within the rules.

3 - How many clubs are you aware in recent years that have breached P&S rules and been promoted? Why have you not made claims against any of these clubs?

4 - Is it true that in the year ended 30 June 2016, your club surrendered its tax losses to another of your companies and used the tax saving as profit for P&S purposes? If so, do you believe that this was in the spirit of P&S rules?

5- If your claim is successful, how do you see it affecting the future of the football league, when league positions are decided in a courtroom rather than on the football field.

6 - In light of your recent statement, it appears that you seem very aware of the intracacies of what is happening behind the scenes at DCFC. Given that, by your own admission, you have not been in contact with the administrators can you please confirm how you are obtaining your information.

Although he wont reply this really needs to be sent and publicised.

8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Although he wont reply this really needs to be sent and publicised.

These are genuine questions that need answering.

I don't want it as an all out attack on Gibson because, as much as I hate him, there are serious doubts cast on whether he is as much of a villain as he is being painted in this (fwiw I still think he is and his statement was a pr exercise) and these sorts of questions may help clear things up.

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just thinking out loud here but with all interested parties seemingly now throwing statements and questions around like confetti, should one of our official supporter groups try to engage with Gibson and put some questions to him?

1 - Please confirm how much your claim against DCFC is for, how it is calculated and on what basis it is made

2 - Please confirm why your claim is against DCFC and not the EFL. You will be aware that an IDC found that Derby had not 'systematically cheated' as you claim and had fully acted within the rules.

3 - How many clubs are you aware in recent years that have breached P&S rules and been promoted? Why have you not made claims against any of these clubs?

4 - Is it true that in the year ended 30 June 2016, your club surrendered its tax losses to another of your companies and used the tax saving as profit for P&S purposes? If so, do you believe that this was in the spirit of P&S rules?

5- If your claim is successful, how do you see it affecting the future of the football league, when league positions are decided in a courtroom rather than on the football field.

6 - In light of your recent statement, it appears that you seem very aware of the intracacies of what is happening behind the scenes at DCFC. Given that, by your own admission, you have not been in contact with the administrators can you please confirm how you are obtaining your information.

Great questions ?You could also say what is the precedent for his actions?

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

These are genuine questions that need answering.

I don't want it as an all out attack on Gibson because, as much as I hate him, there are serious doubts cast on whether he is as much of a villain as he is being painted in this (fwiw I still think he is and his statement was a pr exercise) and these sorts of questions may help clear things up.

It's hard to quantify how much Gibson has a valid grievance, how much is his personal hatred for Mel Morris, how much is just a need to help MFC's books and how much he wants to see DCFC in ruins.

But, the fact is, his actions are currently preventing a rescue of our club, he has entirely the power to withdraw, he is under no compulsion to continue and was under no obligation to take the actions that he has taken.

If he, or Middlesbrough fans cannot in that context understand the rage towards him then they are failing as decent human beings.

19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Could you do the same for efl and wycombe, they all seem to like to answer the questions they've personally created...

I found it slightly disappointing to see our own main sponsors logo on that open letter that Gibson wrote. Given 32Red sponsor both of us, might they be able to put pressure on Gibson to drop this case? Could they threaten to drop Boro? 

Then I wondered if part of his gripe with us is that 32Red gave us the bumper sponsorship deal to sign a star player and not him. I think Boro were whining to the EFL before Rooney signed for us, so it wasn't the original cause, but it might have exacerbated things.

17 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Could you do the same for efl and wycombe, they all seem to like to answer the questions they've personally created...

I don't see the point in doing it for the EFL, they are self regulators and have already proven beyond doubt that self preservation will trump anything else.

If the pressure they have been put under this week has not moved them then nothing will in my opinion. 

Have Wycome put out a statement? If so, I have not seen it.

He is clearly just hanging of the coat tails of Gibson, who is the person we really need to engage with, rather than hurl abuse at.

If we are out of the league would Derby council and buisness leaders have a case against EFL and the other 2 muppets for they are appearing to go against EFL rules, for which EFL do not care.

Sure all us fans would donate to form a war chest to take them to court.

36 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I don't see the point in doing it for the EFL, they are self regulators and have already proven beyond doubt that self preservation will trump anything else.

If the pressure they have been put under this week has not moved them then nothing will in my opinion. 

Have Wycome put out a statement? If so, I have not seen it.

He is clearly just hanging of the coat tails of Gibson, who is the person we really need to engage with, rather than hurl abuse at.

Not written statement, no. 

I just think all this negative publicity on Gibson is showing him for the person he is. 

Suing a Church team... 

Suing Derby... 

Suing Birmingham 

Tax issues 2016

Coming close to FFP this year. 

I honestly think us fans are doing all we can do. No point in showing us to be bitter now as he's doing it himself. If we all stay calm Protest positively and keep attracting positive Media and letting him fall on his sword we will Save the club. "Keep the Faith" #DTID #Savederby all that is doing wonders. The Birmingham game sell out will attract loads of attention and the protests on the day. I am so proud of this club and our fans at the moment.....  

"Once we had our share of losing.  Once they locked us in a chain , Once tried to take our power ..But feelings still remain!

"Ooooh what a bunch of wan#%ers!

Gibson and E. F. L 

Oooooh what bunch of wan#%ers!

YOU'LL NEVER TAKE MY Derby AWAY!

OOW AR  OOW AR  EY !

OOW AR OOW AR EY !

Edited by Danelaw Rams

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

@RamsfanJim do you think you can forward these questions to Gibson?

30 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

@RamsfanJim do you think you can forward these questions to Gibson?

If he were to do it, think it should be preceded by something cordial, as I said, it should be an effort to engage with Gibson and get both sides of the story rather than it seeming like a personal attack.

Perhaps even throw in some questions that also put MM and the administrators in the spotlight so it doesn't seem like he is just having to defend himself

8 minutes ago, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

Someone on Boro forum saying it’s all down to Derby hi-jacking their bid for Waghorn. 

But if you were Waggy and you had to choose between playing for Lampard or Pulis surely there is no contest. 

The Waghorn rumor has done the rounds before. It's possible.

If Derby die because we bought Waghorn from under Gibson's nose, I think it might actually trump Ikechi Anya and Nick Blackman as the worst transfer of Mel's ownership.

8 minutes ago, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

Someone on Boro forum saying it’s all down to Derby hi-jacking their bid for Waghorn. 

But if you were Waggy and you had to choose between playing for Lampard or Pulis surely there is no contest. 

Even if we 'hijacked' their bid, it's still up to the player where he goes. If he preferred Deby to Boro is Gibson going to sue Waghorn as well?!

Besides, when we entered the bidding Gibson could always have bid more to get his man. He obviously didn't want to pay as much as Derby did. His choice. No point still whining about it now and trying to liquidate Derby years later; all involved have moved on (owner, manager and player)

11 minutes ago, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

Add it to the list of questions: Why didn’t you pick up Martyn Waghorn on a free this summer if you were so fussed about him? 

FWIW, I think that is a great list of questions and a good starting point but I am sure others could be added to.