Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

It’s sour grapes from Gibbo - he’s going to have to eat humble pie.
The reality is that he won’t get anything at all from his personal vendetta against Mel and DCFC. 

I love a good mixed metaphor. Which is preferable - sour grapes or humble pie?

My favourite mixed metaphor has to be the Katie Perry song where she starts with the line "I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath", and I always picture her physically doing them at the same time. 

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

The idiots singing about Gibson dying were probably the same lot singing about Billy Sharp.

Marching powder I’d assume.

Certainly seemed that way when they were waiting to get the train in the morning, it was more than those 2 that left me shaking my head with some of our fans.

8 minutes ago, rynny said:

Certainly seemed that way when they were waiting to get the train in the morning, it was more than those 2 that left me shaking my head with some of our fans.

Did you get many in the Waterfall pre match and during?

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

I love a good mixed metaphor. Which is preferable - sour grapes or humble pie?

My favourite mixed metaphor has to be the Katie Perry song where she starts with the line "I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath", and I always picture her physically doing them at the same time. 

Sour grapes and Humble pie causes Prune face syndrome !!

5 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

On the Waghorn thing, just had a quick look on transfermarkt and Waghorn scored 9 goals in the championship that season. This included a hat trick against Rotherham in a 6-1 win (no points gained there) and a goal v West Brom on last day in a 3-1 (no points gained there)

However his other goals did contribute directly to results. Scored in a 2-1 at Hull and scored both goals in the return game at  PP in a 2-0 win. He also scored in 1-1 draw at home to Bristol and in a 2-2 draw at Birmingham late in the season.

So he scored in 6 games over the entire season and “won” us 7 points. Not an amazing contribution. Who is to say Marriott or another player wouldn’t have won us those points had Waghorn not been there.

So many variables, Boro’s poor form, Mount missing 9 games in a row early 2019 coincided with a huge Derby dip we could’ve been well clear had that not happened . Can’t escape the fact Boro spent more on transfers and wages than we did (we had 9th highest wage budget that season), the claim is a complete nonsense 

Do we get a refund for the penalties he missed and not to mention the open goals?

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

There was one bloke in the toilets actually chanting i’m sniffing grams!! 

Just as a matter of interest, is taking cocaine still illegal? If so, why don't the police just arrest them all? 

I see @Bobby is saying QPR have similar problems. 

Apart from a few obvious  Luddites, everyone is condemning their behaviour and the way it affects other fans. 

Just now, angieram said:

Just as a matter of interest, is taking cocaine still illegal? If so, why don't the police just arrest them all? 

Apart from a few obvious  Luddites, everyone is condemning their behaviour and the way it affects other fans. 

Why is this getting so much air time on this forum.

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes absolutely it’s still illegal. It’s a big problem in football at the moment and to some degree reflective of society right now. All clubs have a contingent doing it. The problems at the Euros I bet were also related 

Unless clubs really clamp down on it, it will continue to happen but that means more police more security and that costs.

14 minutes ago, angieram said:

What ever happened to the mandatory skin full before the game. I was that pissed at Sunderland once I got thrown out for being D&D

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

Cocaine is used by loads of young uns now and is not just a football thing. It's used on nights out and even just to perk them up if they are staying up late to watch boxing! I don't see the attraction myself,  but it's just the way things are now.

I assume I'm one of the "Luddites" you are referring to! I suppose calling other fans names like that or morons is acceptable if you don't approve of their behaviour, just don't call them ginger or you'll be accused of bullying. 

Just now, Gritstone Ram said:

What ever happened to the mandatory skin full before the game. I was that pissed at Sunderland once I got thrown out for being D&D

I don't mind drunks, so long as they aren't throwing up on me. They tend to run out of steam before half time and sleep through the second half. Means I get a better view!

Just now, Gritstone Ram said:

Yep, me and my son have our fill in the Brunswick pre match to calm the nerves, don’t need anything else to prepare ourselves for the disappointment ?

1 minute ago, ossieram said:

Cocaine is used by loads of young uns now and is not just a football thing. It's used on nights out and even just to perk them up if they are staying up late to watch boxing! I don't see the attraction myself,  but it's just the way things are now.

I assume I'm one of the "Luddites" you are referring to! I suppose calling other fans names like that or morons is acceptable if you don't approve of their behaviour, just don't call them ginger or you'll be accused of bullying. 

Yes, I suppose I think you are. Life has moved on since the glorious 70s and 80s, we are hopefully more educated and we certainly have a different demographic at games, but you insist on condoning bad behaviour, whatever form it takes. It's not just coke, it's offensive chants and discrimination.

Whatever we're discussing, you pitch in to defend it. Have you ever stopped to consider you might be the one who is out of order? 

I totally disagree with your viewpoint.

I spent a lot of time only yesterday talking to a poster who has now left the board because he was so upset by yours and similar comments around the offensive chants that are being made at games. 

Please feel free to report me to another moderator for this. I'll gladly take the warning point. 

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes, I suppose I think you are. Life has moved on since the glorious 70s and 80s, we are hopefully more educated and we certainly have a different demographic at games, but you insist on condoning bad behaviour, whatever form it takes. It's not just coke, it's offensive chants and discrimination.

Whatever we're discussing, you pitch in to defend it. Have you ever stopped to consider you might be the one who is out of order? 

I totally disagree with your viewpoint.

I spent a lot of time only yesterday talking to a poster who has now left the board because he was so upset by yours and similar comments around the offensive chants that are being made at games. 

Please feel free to report me to another moderator for this. I'll gladly take the warning point. 

I'm not petty enough to resort to reporting people or stomping off because people don't like me or have differing opinions. Maybe I'm just old school because I won't flounce off and moan when people say things I don't like.

Back on topic - there were some posts somewhere about ignoring trolls on social media. I think a lot of other fans have opinions based on false info they’ve been fed relentlessly for a year or more. I try and engage with them. 

Yesterday had a Boro fan questioning the stadium sale and saying we cheated. Originally he thought Pearce was on the panel that cleared it!? Anyway I explained what happened (below) and got a supportive response. 

Might be a small thing, but it’s possible that the next time his Boro mates are talking about us cheating, he might pipe up and say they might’ve been misled as to what’s actually happened. 

Some fans are morons. Most are just going on the info they’ve heard (been fed). This is why getting Parliament, Sky, the Mail, the Times etc making our case is so important - as people then make an opinion based on that. 

2E0AC56C-57B6-4ECA-A7B6-302B2B193BB6.jpeg

6E31FA53-25D4-42CF-9B77-9CD99B6D1792.jpeg