Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I mailed Rick Parry about Boro and the EFL and Derby and somewhat unexpectedly I see he has sent me a personal reply this afternoon. I'll go through it forensically after listening to the podcast that was on Radio Derby where he was talking about the case. And will reply to him tomorrow.

Though I'm not hopeful. He seems to be distancing himself from those remarks and ends with "Quite what the point of all of this debate is I have no idea. None of it is taking us forwards."

Please remind him that the EFL is not taking this matter forward or football itself !

I do wonder, why Gibson isn't directing all this towards Morris? They were friends once upon a time if I'm not mistaken.

MM neglected the role to the moon and back, he alone should be accountable for these hefty legal fees and other charges..nobody else!

6 minutes ago, Papahet said:

I do wonder, why Gibson isn't directing all this towards Morris? They were friends once upon a time if I'm not mistaken.

MM neglected the role to the moon and back, he alone should be accountable for these hefty legal fees and other charges..nobody else!

Not how company law works I’m afraid.

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

steve gibson of Middlesbrough, apparently has an OBE.

Im wondering if its worth launching a petition to have him stripped of that obe.

I see no reason why he should have the order of the British award, since part of the reason he was awarded this was for services to sport.

On the change petition site, a petition was raised to have Tony Blair's knighthood rescinded, im not saying that's a right or wrong petition, but that has raised 1.1 million signatures so far. In any case if a public figure like Tony Blair can has his knighthood petitioned, why cant Steve Gibson's services to sport OBE be petitioned.

This will help to highlight public opinion about Steve Gibson, putting the man in the press.

The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire is a British order of chivalry, rewarding contributions to the arts and sciences, work with charitable and welfare organisations, and public service outside the civil service.

Hoping someone can set this up!

For what reason? 

It would be a pointless and petty campaign even if successful for no absolutely no gain.

This wouldn't help the club in anyway, nor would it help us sleep better at night knowing he has had OBE removed from his name.

I posted this on a separate thread but it is relevant here too. Have been busy posting comments to various newspaper articles including the DT and latterly the Daily Mail where DCFC articles pop up. Have tried to post a comment today on the excellent article by Martin Samuel in the DM countering the Middlesborough hypocrisy.

Here is a link to comments made by Mel Morris about Gibson's own form of cheating with the tax loss issue:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-chairman-mel-morris-2910724

I also heard Morris voice this on Talksport too.

MFC received no punishment for their 'cheating' and the loophole was merely closed.

Certainly needs disseminating this point.

7 minutes ago, QRams said:

I posted this on a separate thread but it is relevant here too. Have been busy posting comments to various newspaper articles including the DT and latterly the Daily Mail where DCFC articles pop up. Have tried to post a comment today on the excellent article by Martin Samuel in the DM countering the Middlesborough hypocrisy.

Here is a link to comments made by Mel Morris about Gibson's own form of cheating with the tax loss issue:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-chairman-mel-morris-2910724

MFC received no punishment for their 'cheating' and the loophole was merely closed.

Might be worth noting this to the MPs to allow them to understand the history here, its difficult them jumping in right at the end and trying to understand what's going on here, that's where I think we've seen the statements quickly put out when they have been questioned by so MPs.

24 minutes ago, QRams said:

I saw this on twitter without realising it's from 2019.

My immediate thought was "oh lord, lets not remind everyone that all of this is due to Mel Morris and just why a month ago "duck em, they deserve what they get" was the overridding preception outside of Derby fans.

One particular thing from Boro's statement from 18/1/22 that annoys me is the sentence 'MFC first intimated a claim against Derby County in May 2019 immediately following the end of the 2018/19 season.'

Our season hadn't quite finished. Derby were informed of the claim three days before the play-off final v Aston Villa. I agree with Mel Morris' comment on this at the time 'I consider the timing of their action to be cynical, an open attempt to try and steal our focus ahead of a crucial game.'

Gibson knows all about timing and continues this now, with his claim put in to a club in administration that he knows will block the sale and cause our liquidation.

I don't think Q have yet had the time to respond to the questions in Toad of Smog Hall's last statement, so I thought I'd help them draft a reply:

1; MSD (a lender) is owed a significant amount of money by Derby County which is personally guaranteed by Mel Morris. If Derby County went into liquidation, Mr Morris would have to settle the debt and therefore he has an interest in resolving the matter. Please confirm the current status of the discussions with the lender and Mr Morris about the debt and the transfer of Pride Park, which is owned by Mr Morris, to any purchaser of Derby County.

Please refer to response to question 5.

2. You met with Steve Gibson in November 2021. It was agreed at the meeting there would be a continued dialogue between you and Mr Gibson. Why did you not then engage or communicate with him at all until Friday 14 January 2022?

Because we'd rather get our nether parts caught in an industrial mangle than spend one second more than is absolutely necessary in any form of contact with extortioners like you.

3. As noted above, you give the impression that the sole issue that is left to resolve is our and Wycombe’s claim. Please confirm that you have reached a settlement with HMRC and the basis of that settlement.

Please refer to response to question 5.

4. Contrary to what you leak to the media, we have made an offer to compromise our claim and met with your nominated representative last weekend. Please confirm that this is correct.

If you are referring to the bagman you sent, we believe that he suffocated on clean air as soon as he crossed Middlesbrough city limits.

5. Please confirm how many millions of Derby County’s money you have spent on your fees to date and what additional debt you have incurred.

None of your f*****g business.

Yours sincerely,

Satsuma administrators inc.

Just thinking out loud here but with all interested parties seemingly now throwing statements and questions around like confetti, should one of our official supporter groups try to engage with Gibson and put some questions to him?

Im thinking of something along the lines of:-

1 - Please confirm how much your claim against DCFC is for, how it is calculated and on what basis it is made

2 - Please confirm why your claim is against DCFC and not the EFL. You will be aware that an IDC found that Derby had not 'systematically cheated' as you claim and had fully acted within the rules.

3 - How many clubs are you aware in recent years that have breached P&S rules and been promoted? Why have you not made claims against any of these clubs?

4 - Is it true that in the year ended 30 June 2016, your club surrendered its tax losses to another of your companies and used the tax saving as profit for P&S purposes? If so, do you believe that this was in the spirit of P&S rules?

5- If your claim is successful, how do you see it affecting the future of the football league, when league positions are decided in a courtroom rather than on the football field.

6 - In light of your recent statement, it appears that you seem very aware of the intracacies of what is happening behind the scenes at DCFC. Given that, by your own admission, you have not been in contact with the administrators can you please confirm how you are obtaining your information.