Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So he doesn't want the money then? His point is noted, why hasn't he backed off? And Wycombe?

Because the longer we are kept under embargo, and having to sell players there us more chance of us having to field a less competitive side, ending with relegation. This is his real goal based on us stopping Boro getting into the play offs 3 years ago. Sweet revenge for him, spitef in truth.

Why can’t the administrators cite the previous LAP ruling (from when Boro tried to insert themselves as an affected party) that clearly says our actions could not be shown to have directly caused their lack of achievement and failing to get promoted? I know that was in relation to the stadium valuation, but isn’t the basic argument the same - that we used illicit funds to disadvantage Boro? Whether those funds came from a stadium sale or our amortisation isn’t relevant - the fact is that an LAP has already stated that there’s no direct causation, so no base for compensation? 

I’m guessing there must be something obvious I’ve missed?

28 minutes ago, chipperram said:

Because the longer we are kept under embargo, and having to sell players there us more chance of us having to field a less competitive side, ending with relegation. This is his real goal based on us stopping Boro getting into the play offs 3 years ago. Sweet revenge for him, spitef in truth.

The EFL are conserved about the integrity of the league but they are happy to let this happen ...

Do Championship clubs receive prize money for where they finish in the league? If so, any time a club goes into administration in the future you’re going to have other clubs doing the same thing to recover lost reward money if they lost points to that side during the season.

1 minute ago, StaffsRam said:

Do Championship clubs receive prize money for where they finish in the league? If so, any time a club goes into administration in the future you’re going to have other clubs doing the same thing to recover lost reward money if they lost points to that side during the season.

No.

Just now, ossieram said:

No.

Ok, so just when they lost points and it had playoff implications then.

Of course they could also take their chances with the FA as well. X team knocked us out of the FA Cup and denied us a potential home tie against Man City/Utd/Liverpool etc. Hair-brained of course but then do is the Boro claim…

2 hours ago, CBRammette said:

The question is do Gibson and the other person really want to be the people who ensured Derby are liquidated? We know how we got to this point but those claims seem to be the sticking point in our survival. Now the momentum on this is building a little do they really want that backlash for them and their clubs?

As vindictive and spite filled as Gibson is I don’t think he wants to be the one to liquidate us.

He wants to savage the club to within an inch of its life, leave us in league 1, with a bunch of kids on the playing staff and nothing else. All because he thinks we cheated him out of a league placing his team wasn’t good enough to achieve anyways.

The big clue is in the deadline date the EFL has issued, February 1st. 

That deadline is there to ensure the club is stripped of players and can’t bring any in. After this the EFL will say they have resolved the Boro issues and they will allow the takeover.

Its all very transparent, no matter how much Parry denies it. He thinks we’re daft!

I haven’t checked the Boro forums to see what’s been said regarding this yet, but I really can’t see Ashley playing it like that. Too much of a risk.

I also don’t want that to be how it ends up. Although I could think of a lot of words that wouldn’t make it past the filter on here to describe Morris, he still shouldn’t have to ultimately bear the brunt of Gibson’s claims. Other debts maybe, but not benefiting this vulture.

If Gibson and Boro end up walking away with any money, let alone the full £45mil, then they would have successful have made a mockery of English football.

6 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

As vindictive and spite filled as Gibson is I don’t think he wants to be the one to liquidate us.

He wants to savage the club to within an inch of its life, leave us in league 1, with a bunch of kids on the playing staff and nothing else. All because he thinks we cheated him out of a league placing his team wasn’t good enough to achieve anyways.

The big clue is in the deadline date the EFL has issued, February 1st. 

That deadline is there to ensure the club is stripped of players and can’t bring any in. After this the EFL will say they have resolved the Boro issues and they will allow the takeover.

Its all very transparent, no matter how much Parry denies it. He thinks we’re daft!

You are right but, they are playing a dangerous game, we are on a knife edge and would easily liquidate.

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I haven’t checked the Boro forums to see what’s been said regarding this yet, but I really can’t see Ashley playing it like that. Too much of a risk.

I also don’t want that to be how it ends up. Although I could think of a lot of words that wouldn’t make it past the filter on here to describe Morris, he still shouldn’t have to ultimately bear the brunt of Gibson’s claims. Other debts maybe, but not benefiting this vulture.

If Gibson and Boro end up walking away with any money, let alone the full £45mil, then they would have successful have made a mockery of English football.

Wouldn’t work. 

Surely the original claims would have to be approved in court for MM to be counter sued for them.

No court would allow Gibson and Ashley to agree an amount of their choosing and then agree to demand Morris pays that amount to Ashley afterwards!

5 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

You are right but, they are playing a dangerous game, we are on a knife edge and would easily liquidate.

Indeed, as I mentioned earlier, they’ve opened Pandora’s box in their arrogance and shirt sightedness.

The fall out could be spectacular and unexpected.

Beware of unintended consequences!

Edited by Ramarena

15 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

In that case he should sue Mel. 

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Wouldn’t work. 

Surely the original claims would have to be approved in court for MM to be counter sued for them.

No court would allow Gibson and Ashley to agree an amount of their choosing and then agree to demand Morris pays that amount to Ashley afterwards!

We've moved from 2022AD to CT time, the conspiracy theorists are out to play because no-one really knows the whys and wherefores of the EFL/Q decisions!

47 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

The EFL are conserved about the integrity of the league but they are happy to let this happen ...

Of course the EFL are not concerned about the integrity of the league they never have been - they are reportedly saying we will be ejected from the league on February 1st unless we show them money we don’t have because they are stopping a takeover from happening