Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

13 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Agree, which is what makes the claim as transparently manipulative and spiteful as it is.

I pray that one day Boro need a favour from us.

We have already given them one - we went to Brighton and drew 1-1 stopping Brighton being promoted and allowing Middlesbrough to be promoted - no doubt we were cheating so that result should be removed and Middlesbrough pay back the £200 million then 

Just now, StaffsRam said:

We won’t be expelled from the league on Feb 1st whether we’ve proven funding or not. With political pressure beginning to be brought to bear, and a groundswell of wider public concern at the situation then I don’t think that even the EFL would be stupid enough to do that. 

The potential bidders may well withdraw though if there are no players left

IF Ashley see’s no other way to purchase than to pay Boro and Wycombe off the EFL have opened the biggest can of worms for themselves and I think it’ll be the beginning of the end for them. It would be like open season with teams looking at ifs buts and maybes suing each other left right and centre, their vendetta against us could spell the end and regulators having to come in it might not be the worst outcome. 

Just to add, it would be an easy way in for the Prem to start their division 2 which I’m sure most teams would vote in favour of now. 

Edited by YouRams

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The potential bidders may well withdraw though if there are no players left

Only reason there’d be no players left tho is if they’re sold to bring in funds to be able to prove we have funds to see out the season. Hence, we would not be expelled. Alternatively, if we don’t sell players, which I think we can justifiably argue would be to the detriment of creditors, then I still don’t think we’ll be expelled from the league. Either way, I don’t see it happening. It would be the end for the EFL if that happened. Certainly the end of them being solely responsible for the running and oversight of the leagues. They’re playing with fire.

9 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Of course the EFL are not concerned about the integrity of the league they never have been - they are reportedly saying we will be ejected from the league on February 1st unless we show them money we don’t have because they are stopping a takeover from happening 

The EFL are quite happy to see us ducked up as an example to aid their agenda (they do want to improve the general finances of clubs). I object to us being used like this. It might help us that those that don't like the EFL seem to be picking up our case as a stick to beat the EFL with, they might be motivated to settle this when they realise there will be some blowback to their actions.

35 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Wouldn’t work. 

Surely the original claims would have to be approved in court for MM to be counter sued for them.

No court would allow Gibson and Ashley to agree an amount of their choosing and then agree to demand Morris pays that amount to Ashley afterwards!

I don't even see how Morris is liable (legally anyway). The whole point of a limited company is to protect the owners from things like this AIUI.  You'd presumably have to prove Morris actually broke the law (which is still far from clear), and then prove that Ashley is an injured party (which is *very* dubious - you're claiming he's lost out because he's chosen, of his own freewill, to pay the fine). (Not a lawyer etc.)

3 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

The EFL are quite happy to see us ducked up as an example to aid their agenda (they do want to improve the general finances of clubs). I object to us being used like this. It might help us that those that don't like the EFL seem to be picking up our case as a stick to beat the EFL with, they might be motivated to settle this when they realise there will be some blowback to their actions.

I don't really believe they do want change. They have been warned to improve their practice after every administration but they just continue to duck things up.

That's because it's a club of members protecting members' interests without any independent arbitration. 

They can bang on about processes and LAPS as much as they want but at the end of the day these are appointed by them and if they don't like the results they just plough on until they find a panel that agrees with them. 

It's all corrupt and needs calling out as such.

32 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

We won’t be expelled from the league on Feb 1st whether we’ve proven funding or not. With political pressure beginning to be brought to bear, and a groundswell of wider public concern at the situation then I don’t think that even the EFL would be stupid enough to do that. 

All that aside, if they took away our “golden ticket” they’d be opening such an unimaginable can of worms.

Clubs would demand to know what happens to the points won/lost against us, how many relegation places would there be, etc, etc, etc.

Legal threats would start flying as there would be no solution that suits every team.

Would the EFL want this when they are about to enter a period with clubs in serious FFP and debt situations?

And this is why I think we should be applying this pressure to the EFL right now by talking up in the media, the potential scenario of not completing our fixtures. 

Time to focus minds

Edited by Ramarena

19 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Only reason there’d be no players left tho is if they’re sold to bring in funds to be able to prove we have funds to see out the season. Hence, we would not be expelled. Alternatively, if we don’t sell players, which I think we can justifiably argue would be to the detriment of creditors, then I still don’t think we’ll be expelled from the league. Either way, I don’t see it happening. It would be the end for the EFL if that happened. Certainly the end of them being solely responsible for the running and oversight of the leagues. They’re playing with fire.

No one will be paying between £30-£50 million for a name badge it’s just not going to happen

13 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I have a feeling that all of Gibson stuff will go away in Feb

As may Derby county 

1 hour ago, I know nuffin said:

The EFL are conserved about the integrity of the league but they are happy to let this happen ...

So throwing use out of the league will not compromise the league, us playing a depleted team for the rest of the season will not compromise the league but us going bust because we run out of money between now and may will compromise the league.......

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't really believe they do want change. They have been warned to improve their practice after every administration but they just continue to duck things up.

That's because it's a club of members protecting members' interests without any independent arbitration. 

They can bang on about processes and LAPS as much as they want but at the end of the day these are appointed by them and if they don't like the results they just plough on until they find a panel that agrees with them. 

It's all corrupt and needs calling out as such.

It’s not Rick Parry or Trevor Birch, it’s not even Ridsdale or the Forest and Boro blokes on the board, it is the structure and governance that is wrong. Clubs looking after their own interests and mob rule wins. I don’t envy the job the EFL executive have especially when you bankers such as Gibson (and previously Mel Morris) to deal with. Until there is an independent regulator nothing will change. 

All we can do is keep publicising it, getting it into political debate and push the media to take it up. Colin Murray was brilliant yesterday, I have some hope for Jim White show tomorrow morning on TalkSport, but I fear with Rafa now being sacked all focus will turn on trying to get Rooney the Everton job.

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

All that aside, if they took away our “golden ticket” they’d be opening such an unimaginable can of worms.

Clubs would demand to know what happens to the points won/lost against us, how many relegation places would there be, etc, etc, etc.

Legal threats would start flying as there would be no solution that suits every team. 

And this is why I think we should be applying this pressure to the EFL right now by talking up in the media, the potential scenario of not completing our fixtures. 

Time to focus minds

Unfortunately that’s all simple - there would be 2 relegation spots this season and all Derby county’s results disappear 

A small potential side effect could be that a club that then failed to get automatic promotion eg Blackburn rovers or a side that gets relegated all lose points from their Derby county results could hopefully threaten and actually sue Middlesbrough and Wycombe and the EFL for a variety of stuff - that would be fun 

5 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

So throwing use out of the league will not compromise the league, us playing a depleted team for the rest of the season will not compromise the league but us going bust because we run out of money between now and may will compromise the league.......

I would be inclined to turn up to some selected matches with 8 players and proceed to chat on the half way line whilst the opponent scored 48 goals because it wouldn’t affect anything in terms of the integrity of the league although I would want to put a fiver on the result. 

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

No one will be paying between £30-£50 million for a name badge it’s just not going to happen.

Of course not, which is why a fire sale to raise funds to prove funds is not a viable approach. Every player sold detracts from the value of the club, which in turn screws over the genuine creditors.

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Unfortunately that’s all simple - there would be 2 relegation spots this season and all Derby county’s results disappear 

A small potential side effect could be that a club that then failed to get automatic promotion eg Blackburn rovers or a side that gets relegated all lose points from their Derby county results could hopefully threaten and actually sue Middlesbrough and Wycombe and the EFL for a variety of stuff - that would be fun 

That still has the potential to affect a number of clubs. It would also come at the same time as clubs are posting huge losses/Falling foul of FFP, etc.

It may not have much of an impact, but its probably one of the quickest and cheapest things we could leverage in the short term to aid our cause.

6 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Of course not, which is why a fire sale to raise funds to prove funds is not a viable approach. Every player sold detracts from the value of the club, which in turn screws over the genuine creditors.

I agree but it is happening and the EFL have basically insisted on it happening 

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

That still has the potential to affect a number of clubs. It would also come at the same time as clubs are posting huge losses/Falling foul of FFP, etc.

It may not have much of an impact, but its probably one of the quickest and cheapest things we could leverage in the short term to aid our cause.

Of course it would affect clubs - it would probably get Stoke city promoted ! But that wouldn’t bother the EFL that’s why they want us gone by feb 1st so they can say everyone else had 3 months notice otherwise why would they have a deadline?