Further EFL charge tagged on

BrudeRAM

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

i recall Marshall being free (Wigan wanting to save on the wages) and Byrne was £250k (likely all upfront). I can't see it being either of them

Probably not just figured it was worth adding. Bielik (largest fee) and Jozwiak (closest meaningful fee to the current day) seem the most likely. Then again wasn't there some smoke around missing payments to Peterborough for Mariott (don't know how true that was), so who knows. 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Will taking a points deduction actually get us anywhere near a new owner though?

If anything it will put off prospective suitors even more knowing the likelihood of us playing in League 1 next season will increase considerably. 

I imagine the devil is in the details given we don't know how far we would end up on the scale of "Small deduction and a clean slate" to "Massive deduction, restrictions remain".

8 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

What was the point of the supporters group meeting as we have no minutes and no inflation from it. Basically a couple of people were told stuff and thousands and thousands of fans no absolutely nothing. I’m getting sick and tired of this club now while he’s running it and I think why do I bother turning up to home and away games like I have so far this season cheering on the team when the bloke who runs it couldn’t give a ?. Right now I would rather take the point deduction and get him closer to being gone and actually look forward as right now it’s limbo 

Shame….it could have eroded our debt

29 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Probably because we have a monthly plan in place and have defaulted for August.

Worrying if true - we should have had a big cash injection in August with season ticket sales and fans back in the stadium.  Should be the flushest we’ll be all season.

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Will taking a points deduction actually get us anywhere near a new owner though?

If anything it will put off prospective suitors even more knowing the likelihood of us playing in League 1 next season will increase considerably. 

That’s very true regarding putting owners off. Only thing I could say is going back to disciplinary commission 

4 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Worrying if true - we should have had a big cash injection in August with season ticket sales and fans back in the stadium.  Should be the flushest we’ll be all season.

Unless that cash injection has only served to cover some of the outstanding debts accrued over the summer and put us back to square 1 again?

7 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

It screams to me we don’t have the cash to pay them, either through income or from the owner. It’s really frightening now and the silence makes it so much worse. 

It screams to me that Morris has had his fun and has took his ball home when it got dicey...due to the poor decisions he has made, I might add. 

He threw money at it for years without any sort of concrete plan, hoping against all hope that we would get promoted. That never ends well. 

All he wants to do now is sell and save as much money as he can in the meantime. Hilariously, if he invested a bit more to keep us ticking over and in a more healthy position, he would probably find it easier to secure a sale and save money in the long run.

An idiot and his money are easily parted. 

1 minute ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

It screams to me that Morris has had his fun and has took his ball home when it got dicey...due to the poor decisions he has made, I might add. 

He threw money at it for years without any sort of concrete plan, hoping against all hope that we would get promoted. That never ends well. 

All he wants to do now is sell and save as much money as he can in the meantime. Hilariously, if he invested a bit more to keep us ticking over and in a more healthy position, he would probably find it easier to secure a sale and save money in the long run.

An idiot and his money are easily parted. 

one of the traits of successful entrepreneurs; failures are forgotten very quickly.  He must hate having to see this clusterf and can't waiting to erase it from his memory

2 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Well it’s certainly a tortuous experience being a Ram right now. The positive is the teams performance despite massive off field problems.

The fans group meeting seems most bizarre to me. I would only ask @David if current happenings were easy to predict from what he learned at that meeting ??

311B86AA-59B4-4096-A680-3F6744039602.gif

Exactly the fans meeting was bizzare and for most fans apart from a few was pointless if the people who attended can’t relay any information back apart from 3 snippets 

2 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

They will do whatever the EFL need to do to bring DCFC to task. If we have indeed failed these regulations then we have no grounds for complaints. However if we are indeed compliant then we need to seek legal representation and take these imbeciles to task. 
Don’t know about the rest of you but I am sick to death of this pantomime being played out, Particularly when we are being treated like mushrooms ???

Being treated like a mushroom is no fun gi at all.

31 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It's almost like Mel is goading the efl to actually do something about it.

Is he actually looking for administration?

And looking for someone else to pin it on.

Given the number of boo hoo, it's someone else's fault threads that have opened up on this forum lately, there are plenty of of people that will just yum up the idea that the EFL is to blame.