Further EFL charge tagged on

BrudeRAM

4 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Is that supposed to make anyone feel better? I am old school. Pay your debts as they fall due. So many posters are getting worked up about P&S calculations and amortisation. Bugger all that. Morris has run up debts in the name of Derby County - HMRC, Cocu, Keogh, now some transfer fees. Pay people what they are owed.

I fully agree with your premise but don't know whether they could have a simple cash flow issue related to the takeover negotiations? My understanding of most major takeover deals is that any cash outgoings get held up - I remember an old mate had his business bought out by a bigger organisation and he had one hell of a time paying suppliers across the takeover period because his business accounts, while not being frozen, were difficult to pay out from as the cash in them counted towards the value of the takeover deal - So any outgoings needed to be fully accounted for and (pretty much) signed off by the potential new owners

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Assuming it doesn't relate to a player who has already left the club, here are only a select few players it can relate to: Bielik, Lawrence and Jozwiak. All other players were free, academy, or stayed with us beyond their original contract (unlikely for installments to stretch outside the length of original contract)

Byrne and Marshall were likely structured deals with further payments - Can't see Wigan letting Marshall go completely for free

Worth considering the position we're in and the number of teams who would call out a debt MUCH sooner to the EFL at this point - Unlikely to be a bigger team and much more likely to be a team below us with money worries of their own

The complexities just mount up, though whether they are the fault of Derby's negligence, Good intentions or clever maneuvering, or the Efl's diligence/malice who can say. This just seems to be ongoing to the point of farce. But not as funny and a lot more serious. Fed up with the lot of them. Don't know who to believe anymore. Feel so sorry for Wayne and the team. Just hope they have the confidence and spirit to fight back against these major factors which are outside their control. Talk about the boys who stood on the burning deck!!

Edited by Miggins

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

I fully agree with your premise but don't know whether they could have a simple cash flow issue related to the takeover negotiations? My understanding of most major takeover deals is that any cash outgoings get held up - I remember an old mate had his business bought out by a bigger organisation and he had one hell of a time paying suppliers across the takeover period because his business accounts, while not being frozen, were difficult to pay out from as the cash in them counted towards the value of the takeover deal - So any outgoings needed to be fully accounted for and (pretty much) signed off by the potential new owners

Byrne and Marshall were likely structured deals with further payments - Can't see Wigan letting Marshall go completely for free

Worth considering the position we're in and the number of teams who would call out a debt MUCH sooner to the EFL at this point - Unlikely to be a bigger team and much more likely to be a team below us with money worries of their own

Wigan did  not sell Byrne and Marshall the administrators did, that money would have been a cash deal and distributed to creditors. So not a football related debt, my OPINION fwiw is that the debt is to Peterborough for Marriott and Mel will have seen his ass as they got him back for nothing, if I was Mel which I am not nor am I his wife, I would have said Duck off to Peterborough if indeed this is where the debt is owing.

5 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

What was the point of the supporters group meeting as we have no minutes and no information from it. Basically a couple of people were told stuff and thousands and thousands of fans no absolutely nothing. I’m getting sick and tired of this club now while he’s running it and I think why do I bother turning up to home and away games like I have so far this season cheering on the team when the bloke who runs it couldn’t give a ?. Right now I would rather take the point deduction and get him closer to being gone and actually look forward as right now it’s limbo 

Because you love the club and that's why you keep coming and besides the club needs our help.

24 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Afraid any goodwill MM did have from me is very quickly evaporating.

Ive gone from defending, and feeling sorry for him to now just think he is an egotistical bare faced liar.

Wasn't his supposed gripe with FFP that it wouldn't let him put more money into the club?

Who knows what to believe?

39 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Who knows what to believe?

Doesn’t help when we used to have fans forums years ago when rowett and lampard were here and they both used reiterate how important ffp was and how we would always adhere and be within it. All the while knowing they were going to sell the stadium to fall within it and clever accounting. 

3 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Doesn’t help when we used to have fans forums years ago when rowett and lampard were here and they both used reiterate how important ffp was and how we would always adhere and be within it. All the while knowing they were going to sell the stadium to fall within it and clever accounting. 

Don't forget though, we were told by SP that every pie and pint sold could make the difference between meeting P&S or not. 

While laughing up his sleeve that they'd already sold the stadium.

29 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I remember the Lampard one at the cinema in the Intu - Mel was banging on about how the P&S rules were all so stupid woolly there were loads of clever ways to navigate them. At the time it sort of felt like he was spoiling for a showdown with the EFL over it all. Well he got that for sure. He might wish he'd never bothered

7 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I just feel increasingly numb to this as nothing actually seems to change,no comms from the club,no comment from the efl,no charges,no news from the meeting that was held.

We seem to be stuck in a news time loop.

Perfect Loop GIF by Miike Snow

Adorable.

Ive gone beyond caring anymore. Not bothered, dock us points, dont dock us points, not bothered

Ive actually enjoyed some of the football we have played & the performances the boys have been putting in. 

Just going to concentrate on the football & not get too wound up anymore that morris is a terrible chairman. Sooner he is gone the better but cant be bothered being angry at him any more    

I have said it before Mel was only in this for himself. If he really is a fan then he would not have let this happen.

He saw an opportunity to make big money by Derby getting promoted to the Premier League. He would then pocket a lot of TV money or sell us for a large profit.

This did not happen, he is now refusing to run the club properly and I can really see us going into administration under his stewardship.

I once compared him to Mike Ashley and got castigated on here. I was wrong. Mike Ashley is better. At least Ashley did the right thing when Newcastle got relegated. He did what he needed to get them back to the Premier League.

Mel is more like Randy Lerner. An owner who completed checked out. Lerner gave zero investment and got Villa relegated.

The witch hunt against the EFL is mid boggling. Did the EFL or fans force Mel to buy horse poo players with big wages? No. Do they run the club? No

Accept it, we have broken the rules and now they are enforcing these rules. If this were Forest or Leeds we would be baying for blood. Mel’s egotistical battle with them has not helped but the EFL are not fabricating the charges against us.

The club is badly run, owes a lot of debts and this will continue whilst Mel is in charge.

Edited by Warwick Ram