Further EFL charge tagged on

BrudeRAM

18 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I suspect the club needs to lodge the late payment with the EFL - And if they haven't then other clubs wouldn't get the thing put against them?

Also - If it's a Prem club there's probably nothing the EFL can do

However - Pretty harsh doing that to us if they know we've been patiently waiting on payments from other clubs

if that is the case we are more naive than I thought.  Perhaps we don't have the organisation in place to report transgressors

Just guessing, but it's possible that under the terms of an embargo all fees are to be paid on time. You can then not come out of the embargo until all late payments are cleared. 
However, if other clubs aren't embargoed but are late with payments, they won't be included.

The website doesn't say this, and just lists all reasons for embargo. Based on the limited info, ALL clubs late with payments should be listed. Hopefully (although unlikely) the EFL come out and clarify.

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Just guessing, but it's possible that under the terms of an embargo all fees are to be paid on time. You can then not come out of the embargo until all late payments are cleared. 
However, if other clubs aren't embargoed but are late with payments, they won't be included.

The website doesn't say this, and just lists all reasons for embargo. Based on the limited info, ALL clubs late with payments should be listed. Hopefully (although unlikely) the EFL come out and clarify.

Friends Tv Lol GIF by Nick At Nite

Couldn't resist ?

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

No, it's a breach of a specific EFL regulation about transfer payments. Interestingly, the rule says that the EFL will send out reminders where possible, so they know when payments are due should be able to check whether each club is up to date with theirs.

Guidance

Instalment Reminders - out of courtesy, and where possible, the EFL will send reminders that instalments are due. However, the onus is on the Club to ensure payment is made on time.

51.2.3  If a Club is in default of payments due to another Club (or club) under a transfer or compensation agreement the Club shall be subject to a registration embargo such that it shall not be permitted to register any Player with that Club without the prior written consent of The League until such time as the agreement is honoured.

Edited by Crewton
Brevity

14 minutes ago, Crewton said:

No, it's a breach of a specific EFL regulation about transfer payments. Interestingly, the rule says that the EFL will send out reminders where possible, so they know when payments are due should be able to check whether each club is up to date with theirs.

I know it's a regulation and a breach of them, but, what I didn't know is if that automatically put someone into an embargo.

Upon checking the regs, any club not making their payment on time should be put under an embargo.

image.png.22fc60fd76b08f56500c83c5250e44fd.png

Related to this is 51.2.6

image.png.62a532af46aca14f72def78d97cb44f2.png

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I know it's a regulation and a breach of them, but, what I didn't know is if that automatically put someone into an embargo.

Upon checking the regs, any club not making their payment on time should be put under an embargo.

image.png.22fc60fd76b08f56500c83c5250e44fd.png

Related to this is 51.2.6

image.png.62a532af46aca14f72def78d97cb44f2.png

Yep, me neither. 

Like the sad pedant I am, I've e-mailed the EFL to ask them why they're not enforcing their rules on all teams. I expect it to get a similar response to any e-mail sent to DCFC at the moment ?

9 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Yep, me neither. 

Like the sad pedant I am, I've e-mailed the EFL to ask them why they're not enforcing their rules on all teams. I expect it to get a similar response to any e-mail sent to DCFC at the moment ?

?

Will keep a close eye on the EFL embargo list then!

Edited by RoyMac5

So much of the the froth and vinegar aimed at the club this last few days has been unfair, it would seem.

Everything is under due process and extremely limited room to communicate due to NDAs.

We have missed a payment, but we haven't had our dues paid to us, so weren't in a position to do so.

Chill, bring on England v Andorra and forget about it until the next Rams game.

I've renewed, by the way, and I'd encourage everyone else to do the same. It's a tolerable and organised side, with a game-plan and a shedload of talented homegrown lads in the squad, so well worth a watch. Whatever position we're in off the pitch, it's certainly not going to be improved by staying away. 

2 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

The explanation for EFLs stance on none payments is simple, none of the other clubs who have missed payments are called Derby County?‍♂️?‍♂️

If you see the reply from Nixon he says he understands there are missed payments, so no idea at all then really. He likes people getting in touch with him,that's what pays his wages.Just a journo who likes to make out he his somehow itk but in reality is just fanning the flames,after all when asked questions he can't reply that he knows nothing can he.

2 hours ago, Needlesh said:

So much of the the froth and vinegar aimed at the club this last few days has been unfair, it would seem.

Everything is under due process and extremely limited room to communicate due to NDAs.

We have missed a payment, but we haven't had our dues paid to us, so weren't in a position to do so.

Chill, bring on England v Andorra and forget about it until the next Rams game.

I've renewed, by the way, and I'd encourage everyone else to do the same. It's a tolerable and organised side, with a game-plan and a shedload of talented homegrown lads in the squad, so well worth a watch. Whatever position we're in off the pitch, it's certainly not going to be improved by staying away. 

Well said mate, well said

6 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

If you see the reply from Nixon he says he understands there are missed payments, so no idea at all then really. He likes people getting in touch with him,that's what pays his wages.Just a journo who likes to make out he his somehow itk but in reality is just fanning the flames,after all when asked questions he can't reply that he knows nothing can he.

I understand Nixons article was nonspecific however, it doesn’t take a genius to work out that the majority of clubs outgoings have exceeded their income since the first Covid lockdown.

Nixon may have indulged in a little journalistic speculation but I imagine he’s probably not that far from the mark.

3 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I understand Nixons article was nonspecific however, it doesn’t take a genius to work out that the majority of clubs outgoings have exceeded their income since the first Covid lockdown.

Nixon may have indulged in a little journalistic speculation but I imagine he’s probably not that far from the mark.

So as you say, just speculation then.

Of course, it may be the case that not all late payments get flagged to the EFL and we're not sure just how closely the EFL monitor the payments. I suspect even though the rule is any club that defaults a payment should be put in embargo, there's a lot of cases where the club that's owed doesn't feel a need to flag it immediately (e.g. all previous payments were fine and they know when to expect it, and let a slight delay go without hey Mr EFL!")

3 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

The majority of championship clubs outgoings exceeded their income even before lockdown. That can probably be extended to most of the football league as well. Covid just made it alot worse