Further EFL charge tagged on

BrudeRAM

32 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

I have said it before Mel was only in this for himself. If he really is a fan then he would not have let this happen.

He saw an opportunity to make big money by Derby getting promoted to the Premier League. He would then pocket a lot of TV money or sell us for a large profit.

This did not happen, he is now refusing to run the club properly and I can really see us going into administration under his stewardship.

I once compared him to Mike Ashley and got castigated on here. I was wrong. Mike Ashley is better. At least Ashley did the right thing when Newcastle got relegated. He did what he needed to get them back to the Premier League.

Mel is more like Randy Lerner. An owner who completed checked out. Lerner gave zero investment and got Villa relegated.

The witch hunt against the EFL is mid boggling. Did the EFL or fans force Mel to buy horse poo players with big wages? No. Do they run the club? No

Accept it, we have broken the rules and now they are enforcing these rules. If this were Forest or Leeds we would be baying for blood. Mel’s egotistical battle with them has not helped but the EFL are not fabricating the charges against us.

The club is badly run, owes a lot of debts and this will continue whilst Mel is in charge.

Well I dont think we should accepted it and it seem funny that forest board person in efl and the amount they have spent and yet reading loss more than Derby have yet they can sign who ever they damn like.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I dont think we should accepted it and it seem funny that forest board person in efl and the amount they have spent and yet reading loss more than Derby have yet they can sign who ever they damn like.

Most of that is rubbish. Sorry, but it is. Reading have lost money mz you are correct there, but to say they can sign who they like is rubbish.

24 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Forests board person has been there a few weeks.

Our board person was there the last 3 seasons.

54 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

I have said it before Mel was only in this for himself. If he really is a fan then he would not have let this happen.

Football history is littered with fans who bought their home town clubs with the best of intentions and left them in a mess, with their own fortunes significantly diminished. Mismanagement and eventual disillusionment doesn't automatically mean they were only in it for what they could make. Mel Morris certainly didn't need Premier League millions when he started his ownership as a half-billionaire. 

I can believe he did it for the personal glory, the status, the adoration of the masses. But the money? No. 

Just now, Crewton said:

Football history is littered with fans who bought their home town clubs with the best of intentions and left them in a mess, with their own fortunes significantly diminished. Mismanagement and eventual disillusionment doesn't automatically mean they were only in it for what they could make. Mel Morris certainly didn't need Premier League millions when he started his ownership as a half-billionaire. 

I can believe he did it for the personal glory, the status, the adoration of the masses. But the money? No. 

Agreed, it was the glory, not the money that got him onboard.

Life's a bitch sometimes.

1 hour ago, Warwick Ram said:

The witch hunt against the EFL is mid boggling. Did the EFL or fans force Mel to buy horse poo players with big wages? No. Do they run the club? No

Accept it, we have broken the rules and now they are enforcing these rules. If this were Forest or Leeds we would be baying for blood. Mel’s egotistical battle with them has not helped but the EFL are not fabricating the charges against us.

The club is badly run, owes a lot of debts and this will continue whilst Mel is in charge.

Which rule did we break?

43 minutes ago, Rev said:

Forests board person has been there a few weeks.

Our board person was there the last 3 seasons.

Well it does seem funny that our rivals allowed on the board and ours get was force to leave it.

And was not just me who said it but also radio also mentioned it saying we in embargo and so are they but like they said reading can carry as normal and we cant. It has become what gibson wants he gets.

6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

All of them?

Well for they remake the rules when it fits and we have sent into our accounts what does efl expect us to do about it when we had no money into the club best part of 2 years only most recently been allowed back into grounds.

9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well it does seem funny that our rivals allowed on the board and ours get was force to leave it.

And was not just me who said it but also radio also mentioned it saying we in embargo and so are they but like they said reading can carry as normal and we cant. It has become what gibson wants he gets.

So we are going with conspiracy theories that because one of the members supports Forest means this is all fabricated or forced upon us.

You could also argue that because Pearce was on the board our indiscretions went unchecked.

Does anyone fully know the Reading situation? According to the charge sheet we have broken so many rules. Have Reading breached as many as us? Probably not.

13 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

So we are going with conspiracy theories that because one of the members supports Forest means this is all fabricated or forced upon us.

You could also argue that because Pearce was on the board our indiscretions went unchecked.

Does anyone fully know the Reading situation? According to the charge sheet we have broken so many rules. Have Reading breached as many as us? Probably not.

19/20 accounts will be combined with 20/21 and the test will be over 4 years.  I don't think they have actually breached anything yet?

Edited by Spanish

1 hour ago, Warwick Ram said:

Yeh why not?

There are enough anti-Morris and anti-Derby conspiracy theories floating around based on nothing more than speculation - Why not add this one too? No-one actually has any clue what's really happening so let's add further speculation to the situation to get people all riled up 

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

19/20 accounts will be combined with 20/21 and the test will be over 4 years.  I don't think they have actually breached anything yet?

Neither have their owners said they are only putting enough money into the club to keep it "ticking over"  so should have more leeway as regards transfers. 

I like a good conspiracy theory, i'm still working out if men really landed on the moon ?

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

Reading have the charge of breaching P&S rules on the EFL's embargo page. There's been no update as to how this charge is progressing, but at the moment they're under a 'soft' embargo with less restrictions than ours.

How can the same news cause such differing opinions. We have literally got people saying we’re bang to rights take our medicine and move on to those who believe we’ve done nothing wrong and should not accept any punishment whatsoever.

What we have is people making up their own minds based on a hunch. We have no facts here but the speculation is polarising opinion.

The Club must come out with something tangible to explain everything from ticket sales to transfer embargo.

The Club’s reputation amongst fans is in the bin and only the Club can change that.

Do something about it DCFC!

Edited by 24Charlie

Just now, Crewton said:

Reading have the charge of breaching P&S rules on the EFL's embargo page. There's been no update as to how this charge is progressing, but at the moment they're under a 'soft' embargo with less restrictions than ours.

yep, the charge may only relate to reporting breaches though, there are quite a few requirements to meet.  I have said previously that I can see no monetary rule that they have breached now the EFL have extended the period.   I would think that EFL are very interested how they intend to manage the losses over 4 years but if they breach at the end of the period they will be subject to an aggravated charge if they have misled anyone.  We effed up a few years too early

35 minutes ago, Spanish said:

yep, the charge may only relate to reporting breaches though, there are quite a few requirements to meet.  I have said previously that I can see no monetary rule that they have breached now the EFL have extended the period.   I would think that EFL are very interested how they intend to manage the losses over 4 years but if they breach at the end of the period they will be subject to an aggravated charge if they have misled anyone.  We effed up a few years too early

It's interesting that our charge under P&S currently listed is specific : non-submission of audited accounts, whilst theirs is general Breach of Profit and Sustainability Rules. I think this is a reasonable indicator that their breach isn't as simple as a failure to submit report(s), because surely that could be specifically defined, like ours?

From what I've read, I suspect that Reading have breached the allowable loss limits, even allowing for 19/20/21 Covid losses/agglomeration and whatever they turn in for 20/21/22 results isn't going to rectify it. But I doubt we'll know what the EFL are going to do about it for some time because I believe Reading's corporate structure is as tangled as ours, if not more so.