Further EFL charge tagged on

BrudeRAM

38 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

If you see the reply from Nixon he says he understands there are missed payments, so no idea at all then really...

https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/status/1433739418444128257

Tweet: "Sorry just to get the right way of this, Derby are owed money for transfers to other clubs but these clubs are not on the EFL bad boy list but Derby owe money for transfers yet they are on the list, something not right there?"

Nixon "Yes"

7 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

There's no reason the length of the contract he signed has to correlate with the length of any staged payments for him.  I'd be surprised if we were willing to wait that long for the cash. 

And the amounts paid for the others were so low that I think it's probably unlikely that there are major outstanding amounts for them.

But is it not the principle of the thing? 

We don't know that the amounts we owe are material...just that we owe something to someone. 

12 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

But is it not the principle of the thing? 

We don't know that the amounts we owe are material...just that we owe something to someone. 

Let’s say Millwall owe us £25k for Bennett - they probably aren’t going to have any problems paying that, and certainly wouldn’t want to risk an embargo over something that low.  If another club has failed to pay us something, and especially if it has materially affected our ability to pay something we owe, it’s not an unreasonable assumption that it’s at least a moderately substantial payment.  And that narrows it down to a very small number of transfers.

The same logic applies to us of course. I suspect it’s unlikely we’ve failed to pay monies owed for the likes of Marshall and Byrne, it’s far more likely to be Jozwiak or Bielik.

10 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Let’s say Millwall owe us £25k for Bennett - they probably aren’t going to have any problems paying that, and certainly wouldn’t want to risk an embargo over something that low.  If another club has failed to pay us something, and especially if it has materially affected our ability to pay something we owe, it’s not an unreasonable assumption that it’s at least a moderately substantial payment.  And that narrows it down to a very small number of transfers.

The same logic applies to us of course. I suspect it’s unlikely we’ve failed to pay monies owed for the likes of Marshall and Byrne, it’s far more likely to be Jozwiak or Bielik.

There are no limits or thresholds mentioned in the rules that I have seen quoted. 

So unless the EFL are making it up as they go along........oh....hang on.... ?

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

There are no limits or thresholds mentioned in the rules that I have seen quoted. 

I doubt they are making it up as they go along, they probably are just incompetent, making it up as you go along requires some thought.

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I’m not talking about the rules. We were trying to figure out who owes us money (and who we owe it too as well). I’m just saying it’s more likely to be from a big transfer than a small one.  Clubs aren’t going to risk embargoes for chump change, if they fail to make a payment it will almost certainly be for a substantial payment that they can’t afford to make.

11 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Nixon is nonspecific so until he names other clubs who have defaulted on payments we can only assume Nixon has contrived a story without any facts to substantiate it, not unusual the world of journalism .

Exactly. He’s blocked me now, for asking if he has a holiday home in Middlesbrough. Touchy subject obviously, with his moonlit strolls along the beach with Gibbo, discussing EFL business.

13 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Nixon is nonspecific so until he names other clubs who have defaulted on payments we can only assume Nixon has contrived a story without any facts to substantiate it, not unusual the world of journalism .

Not true. He mostly names players or teams. He actually also has articles in the written press, albeit The Sun.

Why would he suddenly make this up, it's without previous background.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not true. He mostly names players or teams. He actually also has articles in the written press, albeit The Sun.

Why would he suddenly make this up, it's without previous background.

You need to read my previous posting a page or two back, in the “missing payments” article Nixon provides no specific information, it is nothing but journalistic speculation based on a good guess. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was right but we have no other information than “Nixon understands”!!!!

2 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

You need to read my previous posting a page or two back, in the “missing payments” article Nixon provides no specific information, it is nothing but journalistic speculation based on a good guess. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was right but we have no other information than “Nixon understands”!!!!

Yes. I have seen his tweets on the subject - he started them, not seen a peep of a hint on such a thing until the first tweet from Nixon:

34 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I’m not talking about the rules. We were trying to figure out who owes us money (and who we owe it too as well). I’m just saying it’s more likely to be from a big transfer than a small one.  Clubs aren’t going to risk embargoes for chump change, if they fail to make a payment it will almost certainly be for a substantial payment that they can’t afford to make.

That was only the last couple of posts? I thought that the conversation was about the charge and then nixons tweet suggesting that there was equal guilt by other unnamed parties. 

Oh well, if not then just ignore my post and carry on ?

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

That was only the last couple of posts? I thought that the conversation was about the charge and then nixons tweet suggesting that there was equal guilt by other unnamed parties. 

Oh well, if not then just ignore my post and carry on ?

The tweet I was replying to was suggesting it could still be for Ince, or the likes of Evans, Bennett etc. I suspect it’s one of the major transfers in the last few years, which probably narrows it down to Bogle/Low, or maybe Whittaker.