Embargo.

simmoram1995

3 hours ago, sage said:

If we are signing a winger/wide forward, we need to get one that will chip in with a few goals, more Johnny Russell than Patrick Roberts.

If he's not playing regularly for Newcastle, he might consider a move!

He was a revelation over here, the fans loved him, and he seemed to get a new lease of life,

would def have him back if this was possible ?

36 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

If he's not playing regularly for Newcastle, he might consider a move!

He was a revelation over here, the fans loved him, and he seemed to get a new lease of life,

would def have him back if this was possible ?

Who are you on about?

15 minutes ago, Boycie said:

You know, he plays for Sunderland 

aha, understand the comments now,  it said he had been offered a trial at Newcastle.

If that's the case would have thought he would be interested then. He's probably on

higher wages there!

4 hours ago, hydraulic ram said:

Less than I had feared, and it's early enough for us to make some decisions.

A 12 point deduction could deter players from signing. I don’t think 3 will make a difference. 3 points and the end of the epic struggle with the EFl  would be a great result. 

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

A 12 point deduction could deter players from signing. I don’t think 3 will make a difference. 3 points and the end of the epic struggle with the EFl  would be a great result. 

I thought your opinion was, how would we be getting a penalty when we haven't even been charged with owt?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I thought your opinion was, how would we be getting a penalty when we haven't even been charged with owt?

I think the club could send it’s preferred numbers to the EFl and say, here you go, we’ve submitted the returns, you don’t like them and what are you going to do about it ? That forces the EFl to decide whether to start another case. You’re right, that’s what I said we could do  

But based on what @Ellafella has said, it looks like we have seen sense and said : ok EFl, we and you disagree about the numbers, but we will submit numbers on the basis you and we have negotiated. And you agree that if we do submit those numbers,  you won’t start a case and all we get is an agreed 3 point deduction. 

in other words, it’s done by agreement, outside the enforcement regime. It’s a great result if this happens and it’s in line with what Pearce suggested when he indicated the club was keen to work with the ELF and avoid further disputes 

10 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think the club could send it’s preferred numbers to the EFl and say, here you go, we’ve submitted the returns, you don’t like them and what are you going to do about it ? That forces the EFl to decide whether to start another case. You’re right, that’s what I said we could do  

But based on what @Ellafella has said, it looks like we have seen sense and said : ok EFl, we and you disagree about the numbers, but we will submit numbers on the basis you and we have negotiated. And you agree that if we do submit those numbers,  you won’t start a case and all we get is an agreed 3 point deduction. 

in other words, it’s done by agreement, outside the enforcement regime. It’s a great result if this happens and it’s in line with what Pearce suggested when he indicated the club was keen to work with the ELF and avoid further disputes 

How can it be done 'outside the enforcement regime' ie the EFL laws/regs? How will other clubs see that?

9 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

When you consider the depth of our squad - much as we'd like to think otherwise, many of the youngsters are not yet 90 minute players and certainly not whole season signings. It does them no good struggling to play, they should play because they are good enough.

I don't think Rooney wants to settle for mid-table as an aim this season. If he gets more players in to allow depth and experience then we'll be going for top 6 - IMHO.

Bang on roy

People forget its a long relentless season , weve already picked up injuries in lawrence,knight and ckr.. and from what iv heard baldock went off with a slight strain.

we need depth.. it shouldnt be at thr expense of the kids but at the same time its totally unfair to try and rely on them

10 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

Anyone catch the 5 live reporter’s report about Derby apparently they’ve spoken to Rooney and he is hopeful our embargo might end as soon as Tuesday and he would like to add upto 8 new players to the squad? 

At the risk of going for Paul Jewell style of management,  let's hope it's engage brain first before signing players by the truck load....

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How can it be done 'outside the enforcement regime' ie the EFL laws/regs? How will other clubs see that?

I think it’s in fact within the EFL regs - something they call an ‘agreed decision’ which is used to avoid a formal dispute. But tbh I’d need to check. I guess that before agreeing a sanction in this way the EFl would discuss it with a number of clubs to ensure there is support. Let’s see what happens