Embargo.

simmoram1995

Just now, Stockyram92 said:

But its not last season anymore, that's done with, for the club to move forward in terms on takeovers and stuff this needs to end, then no point dragging it our with more appeals etc 

It's not going to end while we have a points suspension owing to the 'unpaid wages' charge anyway. That doesn't end until June (I think).

2 minutes ago, Stockyram92 said:

Just asking, would you really want then to appeal over a 3 point penalty? Is it worth it? In sure most would happily just take it and move on and put an end to it all, we saw against Peterborough how 3 pomts can easily be won/lost.. its not a big deal 

A difficult decision without knowing the outcome of recent talks with the EFL. You say 3 points is nothing, but at the end of last season an extra 3 points were worth millions. Could be the difference between the play offs or not .

We all want an end to the current situation, but it has to be fair to both sides.

3 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

A difficult decision without knowing the outcome of recent talks with the EFL. You say 3 points is nothing, but at the end of last season an extra 3 points were worth millions. Could be the difference between the play offs or not .

We all want an end to the current situation, but it has to be fair to both sides.

I agree with what you're saying, you're right

However my view is that this season everyone would be happy with survival,  and a 3 point penalty is one that which in theory can be easily overturned

We threw 3 points down the drain against Peterborough,  picked up 3 against Hull and it was forgotten about

I think if we were to be deducted 3 points Tuesday and then get a win on Saturday most people would be happy with that if it means the club is in a position to properly strengthen the squad instead of relying on just the 23 players, and also sort out other off field issues, I see your point I just think 3 points is a small price to pay to get the club moving forward again and I have confidence from what I've seen so far that we could overturn it, but thats just my view 

9 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

See your point but any appeal then delays the takeover. Completing that will be the priority for Mel & that won't be possible whilst the scale of potential points deductions are unknown & the club can't sign players freely.

Given how long its dragged on & the indirect punishment we've already suffered, 3 points seems a price we could stomach to exit this twilight zone.  

52 minutes ago, Stockyram92 said:

Just asking, would you really want then to appeal over a 3 point penalty? Is it worth it? In sure most would happily just take it and move on and put an end to it all, we saw against Peterborough how 3 pomts can easily be won/lost.. its not a big deal 

It is if we're 3 points above the relegation places at the end of the season without it 

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

After the game yesterday Rooney was talking to the likes of Steve Nicholson a Chris Cole for absolutely ages around 1730 time .

All looked a bit secretive to me. 

They said on Radio Derby about 17.45 that Coles had just done a double-shift of interviews with Rooney - one about the Boro game, and then a preview for Sheffield Utd to be broadcast later.

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It is if we're 3 points above the relegation places at the end of the season without it 

But were 4 games in, a 3 point penalty would still see us above the bottom 3, with 42 games to play, if we were to go down from that situation you can't blame a points penalty, they would have had more than enough games to do something about it, it would come down to us not being good enough 

4 hours ago, RamontheMoor said:

I've just read something along those lines on Twitter, let's see what happens on Tuesday. Can't see the embargo being lifted immediately unless EFL have already had sight of the accounts and have signed them off as ok. Time will tell......

They have already agreed with us that if s certain change of approach is made then they will be acceptable.

19 minutes ago, roboto said:

If we get a 3 point penalty we’d still be above Forest, so not all bad.

Would hope after all this though we should be punishment free. The recent embargoes have been enough of a punishment for any problem with our accounts.

I watched yesterday's highlights of the Forest game. They were woeful. Not a shot on goal. So ....

7 minutes ago, Stockyram92 said:

But were 4 games in, a 3 point penalty would still see us above the bottom 3, with 42 games to play, if we were to go down from that situation you can't blame a points penalty, they would have had more than enough games to do something about it, it would come down to us not being good enough 

I agree with that I'm just reading some of the very casual comments on here about a 3 point deduction being OK but there's a huge caveat about it being OK likewise. 

If we finish more than 3 points above the relegation places at the end of the season then yes I'd grab your hand off but you tell me if that's a certainty or not.

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I agree with that I'm just reading some of the very casual comments on here about a 3 point deduction being OK but there's a huge caveat about it being OK likewise. 

If we finish more than 3 points above the relegation places at the end of the season then yes I'd grab your hand off but you tell me if that's a certainty or not.

Sometimes, the more you drag something out, the more painful it becomes. There is an argument that you just stand there and take it, regardless of the injustice you perceive, just to make it all go away.