Embargo.

simmoram1995

17 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Get those in and we should have enough for a play off push nevermind avoid relegation.

On current showing we look comfortably mid table this season. A few key signings and we're a top half/top 6 side potentially. 

Steady on haha. There’s still a reason some bookies weren’t taking bets on us going down. We’ve made a steady start we’ve got to build on it. 

2 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

Anyone catch the 5 live reporter’s report about Derby apparently they’ve spoken to Rooney and he is hopeful our embargo might end as soon as Tuesday and he would like to add upto 8 new players to the squad? 

I heard from a reasonably reliable source yesterday that we have an incoming 3 point penalty. I hope it’s not true but wouldn’t surprise me. Hopefully then that’ll be the end of it. 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

But I think all we need to do re the EFl is slap in the returns. We don’t need their sign off (though we have obviously tried to get it in advance). If the EFl have a problem with the returns, they need to start another case against us which as we know will take ages to resolve. So provided HMRC are sorted, Tuesday sounds plausible. Big week ahead! 

Fair point ??

16 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I heard from a reasonably reliable source yesterday that we have an incoming 3 point penalty. I hope it’s not true but wouldn’t surprise me. Hopefully then that’ll be the end of it. 

That would imply we've submitted our accounts and P&S and the EFL have had time to examine them. Then 'convene' and agree on a punishment before charging us.

2 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

3 more would be enough. In this order: 

Wisdom - to cover CB and RB

Striker

Winger / Attacking Mid

Wisdom seems to have gone AWOL , Could Cashin be the CB cover ? (Menghi more likely) we missed a trick with Tom Carroll and we re not getting Garner either so presumably Shrek has other players in mind , other than Delap I don't think we've been linked with any other strikers ??

25 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I think this makes sense as a  mutual consent punishment. The EFL have been previewing our accounts and negotiating an appropriate set of accounts and short term financial future.

We agree to 3 points without appealing, they take us out off embargo and leave us alone. They get half a pound of flesh and we get to independently operate again.

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

After the game yesterday Rooney was talking to the likes of Steve Nicholson a Chris Cole for absolutely ages around 1730 time .

All looked a bit secretive to me. 

What were you doing still there at 5.30?

9 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

We’d appeal against it though if true ? How reliable is your source @Ellafella?? Not the HP.

Just asking, would you really want then to appeal over a 3 point penalty? Is it worth it? In sure most would happily just take it and move on and put an end to it all, we saw against Peterborough how 3 pomts can easily be won/lost.. its not a big deal