Embargo.

simmoram1995

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Sometimes, the more you drag something out, the more painful it becomes. There is an argument that you just stand there and take it, regardless of the injustice you perceive, just to make it all go away.

Yes and I think that's exactly the stance that the EFL are taking to wear us down by some war of attrition until you're sick of fighting and want to pack it all in knowing things could drag on ad infinitum. 

Doesn't make it any more acceptable though and I assume their thought process is what the lesser of the two evils - having a threadbare squad until this is sorted or being able to get players in but then be totally disadvantaged likewise against the rest of the League.

If we extrapolate the start to the season with the players we've got then I'd say bum to you and can survive with this players and stuff your deduction.

4 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

If we have a few other quality squad improvements lined up, but only if umbongo is gone then that could easily win more than 3 points.

If this is the case I think you have to grit your teeth, take the points and give the EFL the two smelly fingers by finishing way up the league (ahead of Gibson’s cheating barstools). 

But they have to have a legitimate case for deducting 3 points. Can't just do it as a gentleman's agreement. 

3 hours ago, r_wilcockson said:

Rooney needs to be careful and learn from January. We had a really close knit group then as well, we then brought in a load of players on deadline day and the team spirit seemed to drop. 

Don't think there was any evidence to suggest a drop in team spirit - more an erosion of confidence due to the results which were bound to have an effect, particularly amongst the younger players.

30 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

If we have a few other quality squad improvements lined up, but only if umbongo is gone then that could easily win more than 3 points.

If this is the case I think you have to grit your teeth, take the points and give the EFL the two smelly fingers by finishing way up the league (ahead of Gibson’s cheating barstools). 

That's the theory though. My concern is that the reality won't match and we'll regret it later on. We still have extremely porous squad in comparison to other sides and we're immediately disadvantaged with this factor never mind hamstrung with a points deduction on top of this. 

Very fine margins if anyone needed to be reminded how close we were to being relegated last season. 

3 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I heard from a reasonably reliable source yesterday that we have an incoming 3 point penalty. I hope it’s not true but wouldn’t surprise me. Hopefully then that’ll be the end of it. 

Maybe so, yet I would still appeal because everybody that has in the past has basically had it reduced in the championship. The main thing would be why we would receive a points deduction as in what for? And is the punishment consistently applied? If we were £1,000 above the limit then is that fair? Etc etc etc - let’s see what happens