Missing Supporters

Eatonram

28 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Glad we seemed to have shed some of the fickle, entitled, thin skinned fans. When we were doing well you could hear a pin drop in the crowd at 0-0. Now were down to 15k Derby fans who are singing their hearts at for the bulk of the game even when things aren’t going all our way. 

Why could you hear a pin drop? Where were the 15K fans when we were winning?

Why do we need to do the 'better fan than you' poo? We've all moaned and groaned in our sadness and annoyance, we've all cheered and shouted to encourage and and enjoy when things are going well.

So is it that the 'new' Dunkirk spirit means leaving some on the French beaches? If so that's not right!

Come on ALL you Rams fans! 

Edited by RoyMac5

47 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

No I wasn't there today - I was at the Salford and Notts County friendlies and the Huddersfield game.

To preempt the next question I'm struggling to function on a day to day level, you may get a flavour of this if you read some of my posts in the Anxiety and Depression thread on the Jim Smith forum but anyhows didn't feel upto going today for that reason. 

Hope you have many better days very soon 

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

Thats what they're getting.

The noise/atmosphere today was better than anything last season with 27000+ in attendance.

I think having a team to watch who actually look like they care makes a big difference.

When was the last time a 0-0 draw was greeted at the end by a standing ovation?

Genuinely think because of the shambling approach by Derby County, we have lost 5,000 from the gat for the first two games. That's roughly 200k of income for the club.

Forest may get up to 24 or 25, and then once ST's come back, we will be around 20 to 21.

First two games have had decent away followings which has boosted the numbers.

2 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

It’s farcical if you haven’t got a printer, internet access or a smart phone. As I have put on another thread, the impact our shambolic ticketing policy is having on a certain demographic of our support is far greater than people on here seem to realise.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

As much as I feel sympathy for anyone that fits into them categories, I would imagine that it is probably about 1% of fans. 

Including myself, I know four people that either can't or won't jump over the obsticles put in the way of attending a game of footie. I suspect that a great many more than 1% are affected. How can a business that is in such financial straits afford to discourage it's customers in this way? Madness!

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Glad we seemed to have shed some of the fickle, entitled, thin skinned fans. When we were doing well you could hear a pin drop in the crowd at 0-0. Now were down to 15k Derby fans who are singing their hearts at for the bulk of the game even when things aren’t going all our way. 

So where were these 15000 fans when you could hear a pin drop then? Maybe it’s because of the situation and trying to rally the troops in a bad situation. Maybe the other 10 thousand would do the same in light of our situation. The only fan that looks fickle is yourself I’m afraid 

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm not missing them. Its fine to be down to the number that we are who are fully behind the team.

I'm sure the missing fans will miraculously return next week and so will the moans and groans when we dont score in the first 10 minutes.

What a self-righteous sanctimonious post ...   its not like the club don't need the money or anything.

1 hour ago, rad1919 said:

The noise/atmosphere today was better than anything last season with 27000+ in attendance.

I think having a team to watch who actually look like they care makes a big difference.

When was the last time a 0-0 draw was greeted at the end by a standing ovation?

Of course it was better last season we had no fans there. 

go back the Blackburn game and the attendance was just as good as today and I was at both. Us 15 thousand are more better than the 27 thousand. What makes fans sing and get loud is watching a team trying there best for the club. It wouldn’t matter if there was 10 thousand there you expect the team to get the fans up and singing. Last season if the 15 thousand were there I guarantee watching the tripe of last season it wouldn’t of been how it was today. The difference this season is it’s half entertaining and the players are giving 100 percent and playing to there maximum 

There's some disappointingly narrow minded and quite frankly truly awful comments on this thread this evening.

If someone doesn't want to attend a game then why should they feel the need to justify it to anyone else and likewise why should they feel any less of a valued supporter than the next person?

2 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

So where were these 15000 fans when you could hear a pin drop then? Maybe it’s because of the situation and trying to rally the troops in a bad situation. Maybe the other 10 thousand would do the same in light of our situation. The only fan that looks fickle is yourself I’m afraid 

I agree with @IlsonDerby. i believe the fans who attended understand the situation we are in and have united in this siege mentally.  That should answer the q as to where they were before...  present but less vocal.

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

There's some disappointingly narrow minded and quite frankly truly awful comments on this thread this evening.

If someone doesn't want to attend a game then why should they feel the need to justify it to anyone else and likewise why should they feel any less of a valued supporter than the next person?

They shouldn't and aren't being asked to?

Until the off field issues and potential punishment are sorted the crowds won't be back

I have 3 season tickets not renewed, 2 off us had them for 35 years,I like others bought a brick, I bleed black n white, I havnt been this time due to being ill with covid, I will be back but will we buy season tickets I don't know, 800 for me and my son who comes is an expense, my dad has just lost interest, we are one family of many.