Missing Supporters

Eatonram

21 minutes ago, DRBee said:

What a self-righteous sanctimonious post ...   its not like the club don't need the money or anything.

What is self righteous about it? I prefer being in a stadium where the fans get behind the team.

Would I rather have people paying £20 a week to go and vent their spleen or an empty seat...no brainer for me.

I'll probably have to qualify this comment now by saying that this does not apply to all fans that could not make the match today.

16 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

I agree with @IlsonDerby. i believe the fans who attended understand the situation we are in and have united in this siege mentally.  That should answer the q as to where they were before...  present but less vocal.

And who’s to say the others wouldn’t be united and vocal and not just moaners and groaners with like you say the situation we are in maybe they would too get behind the team 

1 hour ago, ketteringram said:

Surely you'd have heard those 15,000 when you couldn't hear a pin drop? 

Its amazing that those 15k "real" fans were so quiet previously that you could hear a pin drop. As you say surely they would have still been singing all of the time despite the other 10k who were all just sat moaning? What tosh. I think its great that the 15k there today didnt groan or moan even once at the team but instead saved it for fellow fans who for whatever reason havent "bothered" to go to a match yet but would dare have the effrontery to go to the Forest match not to support the team in such a key fixture for us but just to spend the time moaning and groaning.  
We went to Peterborough. Most there would probably agree that the vast majority of fans were great that day too singing throughout. Amazing how so many of those non-moaning real fans stopped singing and left immediately when things stopped going our way. 

Fans able to go every week just dont know how lucky they are. Perhaps show a little empathy to those who cant instead of attacking them as fickle half fans who are all moaners.  Sorry to keep replying on this but this superior we're the better fans moaning is so tiresome especially from those dont like moaners

8 minutes ago, falconram said:

Until the off field issues and potential punishment are sorted the crowds won't be back

I have 3 season tickets not renewed, 2 off us had them for 35 years,I like others bought a brick, I bleed black n white, I havnt been this time due to being ill with covid, I will be back but will we buy season tickets I don't know, 800 for me and my son who comes is an expense, my dad has just lost interest, we are one family of many. 

And this is why the club should be moving heaven and earth to get these fans back. That means making it bloody easy to buy season tickets.

Sadly they have ballsed up big time, and for a lot of folk its already too late.

Pearce and Morris have IMO cost the club two million over the season. (5000 Season Tickets x 400 quid each)

6 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Its amazing that those 15k "real" fans were so quiet previously that you could hear a pin drop. As you say surely they would have still been singing all of the time despite the other 10k who were all just sat moaning? What tosh. I think its great that the 15k there today didnt groan or moan even once at the team but instead saved it for fellow fans who for whatever reason havent "bothered" to go to a match yet but would dare have the effrontery to go to the Forest match not to support the team in such a key fixture for us but just to spend the time moaning and groaning.  
We went to Peterborough. Most there would probably agree that the vast majority of fans were great that day too singing throughout. Amazing how so many of those non-moaning real fans stopped singing and left immediately when things stopped going our way. 

Fans able to go every week just dont know how lucky they are. Perhaps show a little empathy to those who cant instead of attacking them as fickle half fans who are all moaners.  Sorry to keep replying on this but this superior we're the better fans moaning is so tiresome especially from those dont like moaners

So now you're saying that you're a better fan than those that left early against Peterborough?

5 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

And who’s to say the others wouldn’t be united and vocal and not just moaners and groaners with like you say the situation we are in maybe they would too get behind the team 

Maybe they would Barney. Who knows!?

What we do know is the ones currently going are creating a cracking atmosphere to help with the home advantage.

6 minutes ago, rammieib said:

And this is why the club should be moving heaven and earth to get these fans back. That means making it bloody easy to buy season tickets.

Sadly they have ballsed up big time, and for a lot of folk its already too late.

Pearce and Morris have IMO cost the club two million over the season. (5000 Season Tickets x 400 quid each)

They really haven't. 

We've just sunk to the number of fans that we always fall to when times are bad.

6 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I think the moaners and true supporters are out of phase. When they are in the stadium together they cancel each other out and the result is silence. Now all the moaners have stopped going, the super fans can at last be heard.

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I think the moaners and true supporters are out of phase. When they are in the stadium together they cancel each other out and the result is silence. Now all the moaners have stopped going, the super fans can at last be heard.

First time I've seen the theory of wave dynamics being quoted on a footy forum, respect.

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What is self righteous about it? I prefer being in a stadium where the fans get behind the team.

Would I rather have people paying £20 a week to go and vent their spleen or an empty seat...no brainer for me.

I'll probably have to qualify this comment now by saying that this does not apply to all fans that could not make the match today.

You realise if you had said that Final comment to start with this thread would be 1 page long!

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So now you're saying that you're a better fan than those that left early against Peterborough?

No I would never say anyone is a better fan than another as you dont know people's circumstances at all. We got stuck in traffic and were late so wanted to be there for every second we could because renewing season tickets isnt viable for us this year not because we are better fans.  

3 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

No I would never say anyone is a better fan than another as you dont know people's circumstances at all. We got stuck in traffic and were late so wanted to be there for every second we could because renewing season tickets isnt viable for us this year not because we are better fans.  

I knew that of course, just showing that it is easy to twist a post to make it look how you want.

I only want supportive fans in the ground because I think it is better for the team, not because I think I am some sort of super fan or however else my post has been twisted. 

19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

They really haven't. 

We've just sunk to the number of fans that we always fall to when times are bad.

We have but the sad thing is the make up of the crowd must be different with many traditionally loyal fans not going as many on here who say they are not going any more have had season tickets for years and years through good times and bad. So many newer fans must still be going to replace those who have always gone in that lower number you mention if you know what i mean. 

17 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I knew that of course, just showing that it is easy to twist a post to make it look how you want.

I only want supportive fans in the ground because I think it is better for the team, not because I think I am some sort of super fan or however else my post has been twisted. 

The only thing that's been twisted is your attempts to extricate yourself from the statements you've made. 

Edited by Tyler Durden
Can't spell

I was surprised by the attendance today being slightly lower than Huddersfield. I didn’t go to that game but everyone I spoke to thought there were more fans today. I was thinking 18-19k.

That said, the atmosphere was excellent. Got the sense everyone was behind the team. My first time back in PP since Blackburn game, good seeing some familiar faces, got served quickly at half time and beer was better than previous despite being pricey. Thoroughly enjoyed being back. 

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I am glad my non-attendance at the first four league games has not gone unnoticed. I won’t be going to the Notts game either.

Until Derby more regularly play their games in the southern part of the Country I really can’t be too arsed.

So your non-attendance has not impacted the atmosphere either way.

Phew! 

lisa edelstein relief GIF