Missing Supporters

Eatonram

I was one of the lucky ones who won that competition with the club after buying the membership, a little off topic but what a day for my parents(I unfortunately couldn't attend due to being away).

Shaun Barker, what a legend, my parents said he was such a pleasure to talk to and had such a polite and positive attitude. Wish I could have met him in person!

Can't wait to go again and if you are a true fan you always love the club and always want to go whenever you can ❤

IMG-20210821-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20210821-WA0019.jpg

Edited by DerbyRam!

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm not missing them. Its fine to be down to the number that we are who are fully behind the team.

I'm sure the missing fans will miraculously return next week and so will the moans and groans when we dont score in the first 10 minutes.

trash digging GIF

want a spade to dig yourself out of that hole man. Suggesting the ones who can’t attend are all the moaners and groaners when people behind me were moaning today. Maybe the 10 thousand less support is the fact we’ve been through a pandemic in which 1000s of people have lost jobs and not much income. People are still a bit weary of COVID and also the way in which the club has been and is being the run at the moment by a guy who isn’t interested. Maybe when he sells the club and we get a fresh start of being run properly and the economy starts to turn again and we see more households gaining income and people start to see the vaccine working to its full potential and become less scared the attendances will start to rise back to where it was. Some loyal fans will be in the job attendees so give them some slack 

9 minutes ago, Rev said:

It has been a good atmosphere these last two home games, but I'd put it down to a siege mentality forming, rather than moaners being weeded out.

Today I think the ref helped, he certainly united everyone in a common cause, namely him being a Bamford.

Yep it felt like we were playing 12 or 13 on the pitch at times today, the crowd responded to the efforts being put in too.

Definite sense of pulling together helped on by an underdog mentality Rooney seems to be fashiong.

I’m also glad the bird that sits next to me is no longer screaming hysterically at every misplaced pass, (don’t miss the B.O either, which helps me more than the team!).

Lets hope we give the same backing against the gunps. With the crowd behind us like this last two games, we’ll win.

1 hour ago, superzak said:

Who needs the moaners back...brilliant support today...and easy to get a pint of expensive carling at half time lol 

have you been around the last 18 months. Bet your the one at work everyone thinks is up his own arse. I’ve gone to all the games this season but hope you realise some of those fans who have not attended have wanted to buy maybe don’t have the money too and maybe aren’t actually moaners. 

4 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

trash digging GIF

want a spade to dig yourself out of that hole man. Suggesting the ones who can’t attend are all the moaners and groaners when people behind me were moaning today. Maybe the 10 thousand less support is the fact we’ve been through a pandemic in which 1000s of people have lost jobs and not much income. People are still a bit weary of COVID and also the way in which the club has been and is being the run at the moment by a guy who isn’t interested. Maybe when he sells the club and we get a fresh start of being run properly and the economy starts to turn again and we see more households gaining income and people start to see the vaccine working to its full potential and become less scared the attendances will start to rise back to where it was. Some loyal fans will be in the job attendees so give them some slack 

Ive not once suggested that but once again, interpret my posts however you want to.

I'm sure there will plenty of reasons why crowds are down, and on the assumption that them reasons don't change in the next 7 days I fully expect there will only be an attendance of 16,000 next Saturday too.

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

have you been around the last 18 months. Bet your the one at work everyone thinks is up his own arse. I’ve gone to all the games this season but hope you realise some of those fans who have not attended have wanted to buy maybe don’t have the money too and maybe aren’t actually moaners. 

I shouldn't worry about it. Some have such fragile masculinity that they have keep telling people about how fantastic they are.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Ive not once suggested that but once again, interpret my posts however you want to.

I'm sure there will plenty of reasons why crowds are down, and on the assumption that them reasons don't change in the next 7 days I fully expect there will only be an attendance of 16,000 next Saturday too.

Even you must realise what a difference a forest game instead of a Blackpool game is. Even if I didn’t have a season ticket which I have renewed and will go home and away if I didn’t and I didn’t have much money I would save long and hard to go the forest game it’s our local rivals 

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

No I wasn't there today - I was at the Salford and Notts County friendlies and the Huddersfield game.

To preempt the next question I'm struggling to function on a day to day level, you may get a flavour of this if you read some of my posts in the Anxiety and Depression thread on the Jim Smith forum but anyhows didn't feel upto going today for that reason. 

I haven't seen any of those posts I'm afraid and i am very sorry to hear of your situation Tyler

Many of us have experience, including myself, of your difficulty.

I am trying not to come across as condescending or all knowing (because I am not) - it is really great that you are talking openly about it. And because of that I know (even if you don't yet ) that you will come out the other side.

One of the keys to it, I believe, is having genuine human interaction. Social media can be great, but its not like the real thing ! 

If you wanted to meet up and have a chat about all things Derby County I would be delighted to do that. If and when you felt comfortable. 

Just now, Barney1991 said:

Even you must realise what a difference a forest game instead of a Blackpool game is. Even if I didn’t have a season ticket which I have renewed and will go home and away if I didn’t and I didn’t have much money I would save long and hard to go the forest game it’s our local rivals 

But then its nothing to do with the ticketing system, the owner being disinterested, the poor football last season, the lack of signings, the (insert other excuse here) its just the fact that some people cant be bothered to go any more because we are no longer challenging at the top of the division but still want to go when we play Forest.

1 minute ago, Bianoic said:

I haven't seen any of those posts I'm afraid and i am very sorry to hear of your situation Tyler

Many of us have experience, including myself, of your difficulty.

I am trying not to come across as condescending or all knowing (because I am not) - it is really great that you are talking openly about it. And because of that I know (even if you don't yet ) that you will come out the other side.

One of the keys to it, I believe, is having genuine human interaction. Social media can be great, but its not like the real thing ! 

If you wanted to meet up and have a chat about all things Derby County I would be delighted to do that. If and when you felt comfortable. 

Thankyou - I'm sure I'm not the only person in this day and age with their own personal issues so wasn't trying to make out my problems are any more important than anyone elses - was just giving an honest answer, would have loved to go today but have struggled to make it out of my bed for the past 2 days. 

Thankyou for the offer too, genuinely means a lot to me. 

7 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I have a 50inch TV screen at home with Sky TV too boot, But i'll be in a boozer in town next Saturday watching the game on a 40inch TV screen...Now how impresive is that for my support ?

6 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I have a 50inch TV screen at home with Sky TV too boot, But i'll be in a boozer in town next Saturday watching the game on a 40inch TV screen...Now how impresive is that for my support ?

Very impressive I have to say don’t let some on here see your not attending the game though as your only half a fan and I’m guessing as you won’t be attending your a moan and groaner ??

Edited by Barney1991

27 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I wouldn’t get out of bed for less than 65 inch uhd with future 8k capability and a sky 2tb box with HDR inbuilt ?

Edited by Monty
Edit

22 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Glad we seemed to have shed some of the fickle, entitled, thin skinned fans. When we were doing well you could hear a pin drop in the crowd at 0-0. Now were down to 15k Derby fans who are singing their hearts at for the bulk of the game even when things aren’t going all our way. 

Surely you'd have heard those 15,000 when you couldn't hear a pin drop?