Missing Supporters

Eatonram

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm not sure what you are finding so farcical? The fact the price has gone up? Move to cheaper seats.

You let the Huddersfield and Boro tickets slip by but couldn't let the Forest one slip by? Why is that?

You don't need my approval, just my opinion on people who find excuses not to go to some games but then forget about it when the Forest game comes around.

So as far as you are concerned the way Derby sold season tickets this year is perfectly sensible?

I also have moved to cheaper seats, from the south west upper to the North Stand.

Edited by 24Charlie

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

2 STs missing from me and my Brother, Me just not too fussed any more after 18 months away from PP, My Brother...well he passed away in April...the big C got him.

I'll be in a boozer in town on Saturday for THE game, 1st time i've been in our City since March 2020.

Sorry about your brother

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

As much as I feel sympathy for anyone that fits into them categories, I would imagine that it is probably about 1% of fans. 

Its not a DCFC specific problem its the society we live in, we all crave cheaper prices and unfortunately it comes at the cost of human input.

I’m not sure you are right. I also don’t believe that a football club the size of Derby County can’t afford to open the ticket office or answer phone calls. I also don’t believe that it can’t communicate fully with its fan base. The total mismanagement of the club has had a far greater impact on more than the couple of hundred than you think in my opinion. 

17 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

For the last 4 or 5 seasons we've had a couple of blokes sitting immediately behind us who have moaned and whinged at virtually every game. Back in our usual seats today for the first time this season and they're still there but I think my view on them has mellowed which I have to admit has somewhat surprised me.

The Club has gone through a dreadful couple of seasons yet they've paid their money yet again. They were more subdued than usual so I'm hoping this sets their standard for the rest of the season.

image.thumb.png.965bda0ba91fc9e6ad3743100d2a1385.png

23 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I also don't like the comments along the line of well if they're not coming to games then they can't be true supporters - if the club are disenfranchising people enough to make them stay away from games then that's absolutely unacceptable.

I’m not sure people are really saying this.

But it is interesting that the atmosphere at todays game, with just over 16000 fans, was better than the vast majority of games (over 15 years season ticket holder) I have attended where there were over 25000. There was a togetherness and happiness in each others company that was fantastic to experience.

I agree that the club have not helped themselves in numerous and well documented ways, which is why the crowd was so comparatively low. Personally, I’m actually pretty amazed that it as large as it is ! 

Just now, Bianoic said:

I’m not sure people are really saying this.

But it is interesting that the atmosphere at todays game, with just over 16000 fans, was better than the vast majority of games (over 15 years season ticket holder) I have attended where there were over 25000. There was a togetherness and happiness in each others company that was fantastic to experience.

I agree that the club have not helped themselves in numerous and well documented ways, which is why the crowd was so comparatively low. Personally, I’m actually pretty amazed that it as large as it is ! 

I agree that the atmosphere for example at Huddersfield was excellent.

My concern is that the club at the moment cannot afford literally to disenfranchise fans to make them stay away from games whether they shout and clap when they're there or moan like drains as others will have you know. 

13 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

2 STs missing from me and my Brother, Me just not too fussed any more after 18 months away from PP, My Brother...well he passed away in April...the big C got him.

I'll be in a boozer in town on Saturday for THE game, 1st time i've been in our City since March 2020.

Sorry to hear about your brother mate.

12 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Why would I be interested if you're bothered or not, that was never even a consideration when I replied, unless I was being abusive or insulting towards you. 

If it were just me that were picking up on your insinuations then I wouldn't be furthering this but other posters are coming to the same conclusion as to what you were implying in your statements.

Well all 3 of you must be right then, you know what I was implying but I don't, many apologies.

This is one moaner, Derby 0 Sunderland 4...Lionel Pickering said "All those Derby fans that moan go and support those down the A52", Lionel you should never have said that to Derby fans, When the 4th goal went in I was pissed off, So I walked onto the pitch threw my Season ticket away and was aiming for the West Stand Directors Seats, Unfortunately as you see I was pulled up before I could finish what I started.

25 years ago

image.thumb.png.851af52154d7de0797f382be6996ee56.png

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

This is one moaner, Derby 0 Sunderland 4...Lionel Pickering said "All those Derby fans that moan go and support those down the A52", Lionel you should never have said that to Derby fans, When the 4th goal went in I was pissed off, So I walked onto the pitch threw my Season ticket away and was aiming for the West Stand Directors Seats, Unfortunately as you see I was pulled up before I could finish what I started.

25 years ago

Who knew Stone Cold Steve Austin was a Ram!

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

25 years ago

Because you threw away your season ticket you weren't at the next home game......... half fan.

20 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I agree that the atmosphere for example at Huddersfield was excellent.

My concern is that the club at the moment cannot afford literally to disenfranchise fans to make them stay away from games whether they shout and clap when they're there or moan like drains as others will have you know. 

Can I respectfully ask if you were there today Tyler ? 

4 minutes ago, KBB said:

Because you threw away your season ticket you weren't at the next home game......... half fan.

I wasn't at the next 7 games, I was banned, They had my ST, I received a letter saying I was banned, I could have my ticket back after we'd played Man Untd.

Edited by Unlucky Alf

Just now, Bianoic said:

Can I respectfully ask if you were there today Tyler ? 

No I wasn't there today - I was at the Salford and Notts County friendlies and the Huddersfield game.

To preempt the next question I'm struggling to function on a day to day level, you may get a flavour of this if you read some of my posts in the Anxiety and Depression thread on the Jim Smith forum but anyhows didn't feel upto going today for that reason.