Missing Supporters

Eatonram

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Silly remark. You made the statements yet you don't like it when you're challenged on them. 

I'm quite happy to stand by any remark that I've made.

Unfortunately, I won't stand by things that you have just made up in your own mind.

Just to recap on what I've actually said, as opposed to what you have invented.

The atmosphere is much better now a lot of the moaners appear to be not attending.

I believe that a lot of fans who have all sorts of excuses for not coming to the games so far, will conveniently forget about these reasons for the Forest game next week and this will be reflected in the attendance and could possibly lead to the level of support the players get if things are not going well.

I do not think I am a super fan or any different to any other fan. I don't go to as many away matches as I used to, and dont always attend the home matches due to having my kids, who don't always want to go.

I don't think my opinion is worth any more than the opinion of fans who don't go to games.

I don't think that everyone who is currently not attending is a moaner.

Hope this clears up any misunderstanding but more than happy for you to challenge any of the above.

19 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I was surprised by the attendance today being slightly lower than Huddersfield. I didn’t go to that game but everyone I spoke to thought there were more fans today. I was thinking 18-19k.

That said, the atmosphere was excellent. Got the sense everyone was behind the team. My first time back in PP since Blackburn game, good seeing some familiar faces, got served quickly at half time and beer was better than previous despite being pricey. Thoroughly enjoyed being back. 

Lots more empty spaces around me than the first game.

I assume they'd seen I'd not died, so moved elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm quite happy to stand by any remark that I've made.

Unfortunately, I won't stand by things that you have just made up in your own mind.

Just to recap on what I've actually said, as opposed to what you have invented.

The atmosphere is much better now a lot of the moaners appear to be not attending.

I believe that a lot of fans who have all sorts of excuses for not coming to the games so far, will conveniently forget about these reasons for the Forest game next week and this will be reflected in the attendance and could possibly lead to the level of support the players get if things are not going well.

I do not think I am a super fan or any different to any other fan. I don't go to as many away matches as I used to, and dont always attend the home matches due to having my kids, who don't always want to go.

I don't think my opinion is worth any more than the opinion of fans who don't go to games.

I don't think that everyone who is currently not attending is a moaner.

Hope this clears up any misunderstanding but more than happy for you to challenge any of the above.

The comment about me going back to my dictionary was unnecessary and childish and devalues to a degree all of your reply - incidentally the majority of which I do agree with.

The remark also in my opinion does yourself a disservice as having read your previous posts doesn't come across as reflective on how you normally express yourself on here. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The comment about me going back to my dictionary was unnecessary and childish and devalues to a degree all of your reply - incidentally the majority of which I do agree with.

The remark also in my opinion does yourself a disservice as having read your previous posts doesn't come across as reflective on how you normally express yourself on here. 

Well maybe I don't like being credited with things that I have not actually said...

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Well maybe I don't like being credited with things that I have not actually said...

Maybe you don't like being challenged over things you've said. 

But no excuse for it either way. 

If I resorted to childish jibes then would expect the same in return. Unnecessary. 

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Maybe you don't like being challenged over things you've said. 

But no excuse for it either way. 

If I resorted to childish jibes then would expect the same in return. Unnecessary. 

No problem being challenged over things I've actually said.

First of all,  more fans appeared today than against Huddersfield. More away fans, more fans in the north stand, more in the east and west stand but i couldn't see from the south stand where I was. Logic tells me more fans entered the stadium quite honestly as fewer empty spaces appeared throughout the ground. It was still sparse like 19-21,000 I would guess but higher than against Huddersfield. 

On the ticket situation the club have not helped themselves. I've said a few times Hull was a nightmare and it got worse on wednesday thanks to their incompetent dealings. No idea who is running the operation if anyone but they need to be fired immediately for my money, it's an absolute joke. Ditto with home tickets for Boro, it's just absolutely farcical policies that are costing the club tens of thousands of pounds every match. 

On the atmosphere it is great at the moment. Our backs are against the wall and we're supporting the club but it's nonsense to suggest it's the diehards who are generating an atmosphere and the 'fickle' fans not turning up responsible for previous problems. If they were turning up it'd be an even bigger fortress quite honestly and even louder. People aren't turning up for a variety of reasons and I don't blame them.

I hate how the club is being run; it feels like they only give a damn about the money we're spending, prising the ticket money out of our hands as the club is being run like the titanic as it's sinking but we're all pretending it's still afloat as the captain says he's trying to right the ship. In this case absolutely 0 information is being given about the health of the ship nor the lifeboat situation, there has been a meeting about the viability of a rescue but we can't possibly know its contents. As an adult I've never been more disenchanted and angry at the management of the club. It's an absolute disgrace and the club honestly doesn't deserve our hard earned money and the sooner mel gets his money, packs up and leaves the damn sight better off we'll be. 

But supporting a club is going with the rough as well as the smooth. It's about paying ticket money even when we're poor and in extremely bad circumstances. I still go because I love Derby. I hate the way the club is being run, I don't like Rooney nor Rosenior and I think our footballing plan could easily see us relegated. But I've got to keep going because it's Derby...  

Speaking from outside the UK... flights so far are awful in times and day to fly in and out. Cheaper options are via Manchester and at present its 1 to 2 days lay over with extra costs on hotels. 

So i assume many from Ireland are finding it difficult to justify a trip that was 50euro in out same day flight to EMA to for example 250 euro for forest game

Prior to the Rona I could do 5-6 games to what 1 is costing. I'm hopeful that this gets better as travel opens up more. 

8 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

…..I believe that a lot of fans who have all sorts of excuses for not coming to the games so far, will conveniently forget about these reasons for the Forest game next week…..

Wow - what an attitude! This is why I find it embarrassing to be associated with some of our ‘fans’. 
I had ‘reasons’ (known as personal circumstances) not to attend the first two home games - you call them excuses if that makes you happy/makes you feel superior. I’m not normally a moaner when I’m at the game but when I’m back for the Forest match, I’ll be sure to have a good boo just to prove your point…..

13 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm not missing them. Its fine to be down to the number that we are who are fully behind the team.

I'm sure the missing fans will miraculously return next week and so will the moans and groans when we dont score in the first 10 minutes.

I will be back next week and I assure you, YOUVE got that so wrong…. I’ll be groaning from the first minute. 

17 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Wow - what an attitude! This is why I find it embarrassing to be associated with some of our ‘fans’. 
I had ‘reasons’ (known as personal circumstances) not to attend the first two home games - you call them excuses if that makes you happy/makes you feel superior. I’m not normally a moaner when I’m at the game but when I’m back for the Forest match, I’ll be sure to have a good boo just to prove your point…..

Good for you.

I don't feel superior to you.

This thread is depressing. It started off as a congratulations to the attending fans and the great atmosphere which is helping the team no end, but descended into the usual ‘I’m a better fan than you’ rubbish. 
Truthfully I wasn’t sure whether to bother this season as the incessant moaning around me gets me down, which is not the reason we go to football. But I’m really glad I have bothered as those who have made previous matches miserable aren’t there so far and I don’t miss them. 
Take that as you will, it’s the plain fact.