Derby County vs Middlesbrough

RadioactiveWaste

Tough game this one, but they're not great at defending IMO so let's play the same way we did against Hull, use the speed and fluidity we showed there and we're in with a good chance of back to back wins.  I'd be more than happy to take a draw in all honesty but a win will be oh so satisfying if not just to see Warnock ranting and raving at the end for some deemed injustice and Gibson chewing on a lemon. 

This is a Warnock side, They'll snarl and kick, If we stick to what we know we'll be OK, After their game last night against QPR who had a player sent off...Warnock who was on screen lambasted the ref at the final whistle in the centre circle, A real angry 70 year old he was ?

8 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

This is a Warnock side, They'll snarl and kick, If we stick to what we know we'll be OK, After their game last night against QPR who had a player sent off...Warnock who was on screen lambasted the ref at the final whistle in the centre circle, A real angry 70 year old he was ?

Yep he was lambasting the referee - A referee who gave warnocks team a penalty, sent off an opposition player and added ten minutes extra time when Middlesbrough were losing - think about it ! 

11 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Same team for boro please 

My only caveat is that would mean a third successive start in a week for Curtis Davies and who knows what condition some of the other players are in. 

I'd personally keep rotating as much as we need to in order to avoid a heavy workload on players considering the depth of the team. In an ideal world, I'd love to see the same team again - I just don't know if that's possible. 

14 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

My only caveat is that would mean a third successive start in a week for Curtis Davies and who knows what condition some of the other players are in. 

I'd personally keep rotating as much as we need to in order to avoid a heavy workload on players considering the depth of the team. In an ideal world, I'd love to see the same team again - I just don't know if that's possible. 

I'd certainly rotate jags & Davies with stearman, although Jags looks fit as duck (not in a broke back mountain way)

I’d be tempted to drop Shinnie for Lawrence and play Morrison alongside Bird as should give us more control of the game.

Roos

Byrne          Davies       Jagielka     Buchanan

Morrison    Bird

Jozwiak        Sibley      Lawrence    

Baldock 

15 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I’d be tempted to drop Shinnie for Lawrence and play Morrison alongside Bird as should give us more control of the game.

Roos

Byrne          Davies       Jagielka     Buchanan

Morrison    Bird

Jozwiak        Sibley      Lawrence    

Baldock 

I'd like to see this, IF Morrison can have the discipline to do the defensive side. He plays in and around this position anyway.

I think a Bielik Morrison 2 would be class. But i said last night in the Hull thread... i'm very excited atthe potential of:

Bielik

Bird - Morrison

Or even with Lawrence in more attacking games. If he's fit enough, Bielik is good enough as a centre mid on his own in this league. Pray for his knees!

Obviously keep the same team where possible. 

Depending how Davies reacts to a number of games in a short time, or Jaglielka react to his first competitive game in a while we might see Stearman come in for one of them, which would a be a reasonable change.

Would like the team the same but I think Lawrence will come in for Sibley (for some inexplicable reason)

I can’t imagine Howson and McNair will leave as much space in front of the back 4 as Hull did last night. Might not create as many chances but hopefully more clinical 

I'd probably go unchanged for now with a minor consideration for swapping out Shinnie (if I was to do that I'd probably go for Hutchinson and leave the attacking 3 intact).

What I expect though is one of Jozwiak or Sibley makes way for Lawrence returning at 10 with Morrison moving over to the left.

I'm a Tom Lawrence fan, I confess, but I think we really need to establish a meritocracy here and stick with it. Unless fitness or injuries force our hand, I can't see any reason to change the side at all. The Tom Lawrence we saw when he returned for the last 9 games or so last season would obviously get a start, but there's no harm in letting him earn his slot back. He's not quite operating at that level yet, so let's not fix what isn't broken and give last night's side a chance to show their performance was no fluke.

More importantly though, I'd stick with the style of play. Can we please NOT revert to simply trying not to lose games? We look a different side when we look to get forward at pace and I'd rather see us losing games trying to play football the right way than the alternative. 

As last thought on the newbies...I've touted Jags and Morrison enough already, much to the chagrin of some on here, but I wasn't so sure about Sam Baldock. Suffice to say I thought he was excellent last night. Seems an intelligent lad too and I'm hopeful he could prove something of a steal if his debut goal has breathed a little confidence back into him. Have to say, all three look good given their lack of football and you'd have to think there's a deal more to come yet too once they've got some games into their legs.

COYR