Derby County vs Middlesbrough

RadioactiveWaste

On 19/08/2021 at 12:09, Ilsonram12 said:

Reckon Lawrence will be fit and as captain will return and replace sibley

Apparently he’s out of this one too, from what ‘I’ve been told’ but we will see.

EDIT

ok just seen it’s been confirmed anyway by Conway - my friend bumped into tom today and he said he was out aha. The one time I’m ITK and I’m TOO SLOW. 

Edited by Ramos

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

Boro will be a different beast to Hull. It'll be a good indicator of where we are I think. I'd stick with the same team and see what happens ?

This bit I think is hard to tell. In theory I'd expect a Warnock side to be the kinda side we'd least like to face right now whilst we are still embedding our gameplan and Warnock is better than most at this level at working how best to shut down an opposing side. On the flip side at a  glance Boro having been shipping goals for fun this season (averaging around 2 a game) suggesting they might not be as solid as you'd expect. Play like we did at Hull and especially if Warnock hasn't cottoned to exactly how to through a spanner in the works I think we could do ok here. 

54 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

That’s proper shithousing, sorry Steve ?

Genuine question...

Would such queues put DCFC staff out, or would the away ticket office be manned by Boro staff (As per the Villa Wembley game, where we had to wait for the Derby staff to turn up). 

I'm guessing Boro staff, as they should have all the names/Fan ID's on their system?
Absolutely no idea how it works, in all honesty.  ?‍♂️

16 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I would go with the same team but long term I think we are suited to 3 at the back with Buchanan and Byrne wing backs and Sibley playing just behind Boldock in a front 2…

We practically play with wing backs already and Sibley is already practically playing behind Baldock. I'm not really sure that switching to a back 3 really suits or even gives us anything right now.

With the squad we have I think we will be safe this season. It's a close knit squad on a tight budget and they seem to have bonded really well. Points deduction coming soon, possibly, but I still think we will survive and if we get a win tomorrow that will be so welcome, but a draw will be OK. They are a good team. COYR!!

21 minutes ago, Miggins said:

With the squad we have I think we will be safe this season. It's a close knit squad on a tight budget and they seem to have bonded really well. Points deduction coming soon, possibly, but I still think we will survive and if we get a win tomorrow that will be so welcome, but a draw will be OK. They are a good team. COYR!!

Time will tell on all of that but I believe every point we can earn this season should be cheered 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

This happened vs Huddersfield as well 

Ah did it? I thought we’d just done it in spite to Mardyboro. Shame 

When did we last beat Boro at home ? Might just be my ageing poor memory though. They seem to be a bogey team for us

It would be so good to beat Gibson and Warnock , who has to be the most biased and unreasonable manager ever - its always someone else's fault !

Again, if my memory serves us right his defeat against us when Leeds manager spelt him doom 

4 minutes ago, Bianoic said:

When did we last beat Boro at home ? Might just be my ageing poor memory though. They seem to be a bogey team for us

It would be so good to beat Gibson and Warnock , who has to be the most biased and unreasonable manager ever - its always someone else's fault !

Again, if my memory serves us right his defeat against us when Leeds manager spelt him doom 

We beat them 2-0 in 2019 with a Tom Lawrence double. Assombalonga missed a couple of decent chances before we scored 1st if I remember rightly. Although one of his chances was thwarted by an unbelievable block by Matt Clarke. 

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

We beat them 2-0 in 2019 with a Tom Lawrence double. Assombalonga missed a couple of decent chances before we scored 1st if I remember rightly. Although one of his chances was thwarted by an unbelievable block by Matt Clarke. 

Where is Assombalonga now ? 

12 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Where is Assombalonga now ? 

Good question. I know he was released by 'boro but not sure if he got another deal elsewhere. 

Edit: A quick Google of him states he's plying his trade in Turkey with a team(Adana Demirspor)  I've never heard of.

Edited by Steve How Hard?