South Stand: Respect

Ellafella

Another vociferous noise from South Stand tonight. Maybe 2.5k in there but great support; even at 0-2 outsung Salford and kept it going. Raised the team’s spirit 2nd half. Great to see and hear! Please keep it going - your pumping the blood back through the arteries of the Club. 

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Another vociferous noise from South Stand tonight. Maybe 2.5k in there but great support; even at 0-2 outsung Salford and kept it going. Raised the team’s spirit 2nd half. Great to see and hear! Please keep it going - your pumping the blood back through the arteries of the Club. 

Was a great credit to the club, heard the calling out the EFL, SKY, the away support, and getting behind the team.  I’m glad the peno’s where their end.  ??

8 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

To be fair there were only eight Salford fans and one of those was the minibus driver.  Seen a better away following from Maltby Maine on a Tuesday night at Belper. 

Edited by RIMBAUD

2 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

To be fair there were only eight Salford fans and one of those was the minibus driver.  Seen a better away following from Maltby Maine on a Tuesday night at Belper. 

Well, 300 or so. Including Gary Neville.

74178439-4AED-4A82-A755-F646D068BB28.jpeg

Edited by Ellafella

On 08/08/2021 at 00:25, Leeds Ram said:

If I'm being honest I can't see much but relegation beckoning us

Don’t get this. We don’t know who else we will sign before the window closes and we have no idea who we’ll sign in Jan. absent a major problem with FFP we’re over the worst I reckon 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Don’t get this. We don’t know who else we will sign before the window closes and we have no idea who we’ll sign in Jan. absent a major problem with FFP we’re over the worst I reckon 

we were pretty fortunate to get a draw at home against a team widely fancied to be relegated. I thought defensively against Huddersfield we were pretty shaky, vulnerable to any kind of pace and movement and going forward we lack creativity and failed to really open them up. If you then add in the lack of bodies we have in the squad it further adds to the problems that we face. 

4 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

we were pretty fortunate to get a draw at home against a team widely fancied to be relegated. I thought defensively against Huddersfield we were pretty shaky, vulnerable to any kind of pace and movement and going forward we lack creativity and failed to really open them up. If you then add in the lack of bodies we have in the squad it further adds to the problems that we face. 

Yes as things stand we are obviously a very thin squad. But all I’m asking is how are folk making these predictions when we don’t know what other signings will be made? Ravel’s addition (based on last night) might work very well and who knows who else we will snag 

given the delay with EFl the biggest danger seems to be a points deduction 

Okay, so what sort of 'supporters' feel it necessary to start talking about relegation in a thread dedicated to the noise in our South Stand immediately after an inspiring win by our youngsters? Just weird.

I thought the South Stand were brilliant again last night. I don't know who you are, but you are going to literally be our twelfth man this season if you keep it up. ???

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Okay, so what sort of 'supporters' feel it necessary to start talking about relegation in a thread dedicated to the noise in our South Stand immediately after an inspiring win by our youngsters? Just weird.

I thought the South Stand were brilliant again last night. I don't know who you are, but you are going to literally be our twelfth man this season if you keep it up. ???

My post match reaction vs Huddersfield was quoted and I was merely responding. Otherwise, I wouldn't have brought it up. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Absolutely. See Ebosole's comments in his post-match last night ("I love the crowd; they've been so good to me"). Also, see CKR's, Shinnie's and again Ebosole's reactions to the crowd at certain moments last. They were clearly being "lifted" by the crowd and were saying "keep this coming - it's lifting us". We need this to get that bond going; it was very apparent last in the Lampard season and although WR is not as responsive to the Crowd, I am certain that he draws energy and strength from it when he feels it.