South Stand: Respect

Ellafella

1 minute ago, David said:

I love how you squeeze Mel in to any post regardless of the content and the point you are trying to get across, it's an admirable talent you have. You should charge him rent though as I believe the young'uns would say, he's living rent free in your head.

You would also have to be brave enough to get the car out the garage before you even think about what stand to sit in, we might have a new ground by time you're up next. ?

We might need a new ground with Mel in charge.

tina fey flirting GIF

8 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So is it still

South stand - nutters

West stand - poshos

East stand - boring old gits

North stand - "why do we have to be here dad, I'd rather be playing Xbox"

I’m confused I sit in the SW corner, what’s the dress code a 3 piece suit or a Stone island Jacket? 

22 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'd suggest trainers, jeans, shirt, tie, waistcoat, blazer, baseball cap.

I’ll be a bit warm when we play Boro and Forest 

21 hours ago, therams69 said:

Good to see read some positive vibes about the South Stand. The reason we pushed and pushed for it was so like minded fans can get together - also known as the sweaty men by all accounts! Haha! We have other stands as mentioned above for families / older fans etc - all about choice like so many have mentioned.

The last 2 games have been fantastic, it has to be said. Real good passion. Whether thats down to Covid / situation we are in and the siege mentality, I dont know, but it has to continue. Voices could have dropped when 2 nil down Tuesday night, they didn't. 

Going forward the plan is to get safe standing in the South Stand. This is very much ongoing, unfortunately despite being one of the front runners we are fairly behind on it all now due to our ownership which is a shame but long term plan wise, that is it.

Also whilst I am on, just want to make reference to the concourse issue in the South Stand on Saturday against Huddersfield, see below...

Shortage of bottles of carling (UK wide problem) led to only pints being served. These are generally used for festivals and stadiums so production of these have only just recommenced and DCFC are trying to get hold of some asap. As soon as they have them then the bottle pop up bars outside the South Stand will be open again when they can be.

With this being the first game back with a sizeable crowd after 500 days things were always going to be rusty with existing staff and a lot of new staff.

We all know DCFC are up against it at the moment, they are aware of the issues and trying to sort it, just need to give them the time.

Good stuff @therams69. We appreciate the work your good self and others have done to get the atmosphere going. It was palpable the impact it had on the players versus Salford; the young players who have less experience of the crowd all mentioned post-match how brilliant the support was - and it doesn’t have to be a bi g crowd either. Keep going! Keep doing the big flag! We all see it and it does inspire us and though you may not get thanks overtly every week. “Football is nothing without the fans” - COVID has underlined that. The Team need us to really get behind them throughput the season and there will be times when this will be hard but South Stand have set the bar high now so let’s keep it going! Thanks and COYR! 

10 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Good stuff @therams69. We appreciate the work your good self and others have done to get the atmosphere going. It was palpable the impact it had on the players versus Salford; the young players who have less experience of the crowd all mentioned post-match how brilliant the support was - and it doesn’t have to be a bi g crowd either. Keep going! Keep doing the big flag! We all see it and it does inspire us and though you may not get thanks overtly every week. “Football is nothing without the fans” - COVID has underlined that. The Team need us to really get behind them throughput the season and there will be times when this will be hard but South Stand have set the bar high now so let’s keep it going! Thanks and COYR! 

Just a cog like many others doing various things. I do agree about the young players and I think that was clear come the final penalty, what it meant to them and us.

Heading into my 12th year now doing the flag... Still memories of carrying it to it's first game with me, whoever thought it was a good idea to get a train and tube to Charlton away with a 20kg flag! LOL! Taking it into Needles at the weekend as 4 very big cuts that need sewing up and seeing that Peterborough have refused it makes sense before Hull away in midweek - hopefully they allow it as normal.

Thank you for your kind comments ?

6 hours ago, therams69 said:

Just a cog like many others doing various things. I do agree about the young players and I think that was clear come the final penalty, what it meant to them and us.

Heading into my 12th year now doing the flag... Still memories of carrying it to it's first game with me, whoever thought it was a good idea to get a train and tube to Charlton away with a 20kg flag! LOL! Taking it into Needles at the weekend as 4 very big cuts that need sewing up and seeing that Peterborough have refused it makes sense before Hull away in midweek - hopefully they allow it as normal.

Thank you for your kind comments ?

In 150 years time, our legacy people will watch the videos of the big flag and say “wow!”. 

Last couple of games have been wonderful. Never seen a Derby crowd so willing to sing, chant and clap through every passage of play, good or bad. Not a moan or boo in sight. Top job South stand. .

Now all they need to do is pop down to their local DCFCfans forum for some great song suggestions ? …. We need new player songs. Ones with some celebration and “lift”