South Stand: Respect

Ellafella

9 minutes ago, jono said:

Last couple of games have been wonderful. Never seen a Derby crowd so willing to sing, chant and clap through every passage of play, good or bad. Not a moan or boo in sight. Top job South stand. .

Now all they need to do is pop down to their local DCFCfans forum for some great song suggestions ? …. We need new player songs. Ones with some celebration and “lift” 

What about: 

“He’s here, he’s there, he’s every*******where - Fozzy Forsyth, Fozzy Forsyth…….”

Then repeat, multiple times. 

On 12/08/2021 at 10:53, therams69 said:

Good to see read some positive vibes about the South Stand. The reason we pushed and pushed for it was so like minded fans can get together - also known as the sweaty men by all accounts! Haha! We have other stands as mentioned above for families / older fans etc - all about choice like so many have mentioned.

The last 2 games have been fantastic, it has to be said. Real good passion. Whether thats down to Covid / situation we are in and the siege mentality, I dont know, but it has to continue. Voices could have dropped when 2 nil down Tuesday night, they didn't. 

Going forward the plan is to get safe standing in the South Stand. This is very much ongoing, unfortunately despite being one of the front runners we are fairly behind on it all now due to our ownership which is a shame but long term plan wise, that is it.

Also whilst I am on, just want to make reference to the concourse issue in the South Stand on Saturday against Huddersfield, see below...

Shortage of bottles of carling (UK wide problem) led to only pints being served. These are generally used for festivals and stadiums so production of these have only just recommenced and DCFC are trying to get hold of some asap. As soon as they have them then the bottle pop up bars outside the South Stand will be open again when they can be.

With this being the first game back with a sizeable crowd after 500 days things were always going to be rusty with existing staff and a lot of new staff.

We all know DCFC are up against it at the moment, they are aware of the issues and trying to sort it, just need to give them the time.

Safe Standing in the South Stand would be great and I remember us and Bristol City we're the front runners.  I recall Nigel Clough showed his support for it.  You can obviously get more fans in safe standing areas although that might not happen in the current and it might have changed due to legislation as it's a while since I went to forums on the matter.

As you all know I grew up on the terrace. 

I'm sure the South Stand will keep up the noise.  Wish I was at Peterborough today but I'm sure we'll be our usual noisy away support. 

Kind Regards

Gangway D from the terrace

Already looking forward to tomorrow and a fuller Pride Park. Also to a buzzing atmosphere but just a little plea to the South Stand:

Let’s create a very special welcome to that nice Mr Steve Gibson, Chairman of our opponents Middlesboro. He deserves to hear his name chanted out loud and to know what we think of all the work he puts in at the EFL. 

Let’s hope the Rams are at it on the pitch so that Mr Gibson gets to see some good football. And let’s not forget about Colin too. Should be a great warm up for the following Satdee and the trees. COYR!

46BA3388-58B6-4355-BAD0-4C832F7CC946.jpeg

Edited by Ellafella

10 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Just want to bump this thread. Just got back. I thought the support today was brilliant. At about 55 mins it felt like the whole ground was going and that’s rare. Supporters can see the effort and endeavour being put in. Long my it continue. 

They were great again. And whoever is currently guesting in the West Stand Upper - please stay. It's brilliant having some fellow singers around. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

They were great again. And whoever is currently guesting in the West Stand Upper - please stay. It's brilliant having some fellow singers around. 

I was in the West Stand today and was surprised how many around me were joining in. The positive vibe this season has been really refreshing, long may it continue.

I really enjoyed the game yesterday. Another very positive atmosphere emanating from the fans. South Stand in full voice almost continuously throughout the game. The team were noticeably lifted by it and it clearly helped them through a very tough battle. Davies and Jagielka were outstandingly class. 
Going slightly off piste, Warnock and his ilk are a disgrace. Clearly “nobbled” the naive and gutless ref; Boro did the usual falling over routine and the ref bought it every time. In contrast Rams put on a good display of honest football and deserved the point if not 3.

Wazzaball is starting to develop. 

42 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

16,500 who want to be there and support the team is a pleasure. The usual grudging moaners are not missed by me. I know financially they’re missed but they do drag the place down. 

Get your hard hat on if you're going to have a view like that!