South Stand: Respect

Ellafella

36 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I have had a seat in the West Stand since Pride park was opened, as have the friends that I go to the game with, obviously now I live in the USA the number of games I can attend is limited but I can say the following about my experiences sitting there on my padded library seat.

* In the immediate vicinity, there are a number of women and young children, mainly young girls and anyone swearing gets reminded of that fact, bad language in front of the opposite sex and children is way out of order and perpetrators need to be cautioned as to their behaviour and language,

* We do not stand throughout the match as that means that the person in the seat behind cannot see and if anyone in front of me stood and I could not see the game, they would be forcefully put in their place. standing is acceptable for applause when we score 

*A lot of the fans in my area of seats have ailments which precludes them from standing ranging from severe arthritis, replacement joints to having cancer, so sitting is vitally important to them.

* The south stand singing is sometimes amusing but occasionally crosses the line, as did the singing about Forests owner when he died which was bang out of order and disgusting.

* South standers are welcome in the west stand, but need to behave in a civilised manner and have some regard for the older fans who are regulars there.

10 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

I have had a seat in the West Stand since Pride park was opened, as have the friends that I go to the game with, obviously now I live in the USA the number of games I can attend is limited but I can say the following about my experiences sitting there on my padded library seat.

* In the immediate vicinity, there are a number of women and young children, mainly young girls and anyone swearing gets reminded of that fact, bad language in front of the opposite sex and children is way out of order and perpetrators need to be cautioned as to their behaviour and language,

* We do not stand throughout the match as that means that the person in the seat behind cannot see and if anyone in front of me stood and I could not see the game, they would be forcefully put in their place. standing is acceptable for applause when we score 

*A lot of the fans in my area of seats have ailments which precludes them from standing ranging from severe arthritis, replacement joints to having cancer, so sitting is vitally important to them.

* The south stand singing is sometimes amusing but occasionally crosses the line, as did the singing about Forests owner when he died which was bang out of order and disgusting.

* South standers are welcome in the west stand, but need to behave in a civilised manner and have some regard for the older fans who are regulars there.

How are we defining your use of the word "Forcefully"?

37 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

I agree that the singing about Forest's owner passing away was bang out of order but in fairness wasn't that like 8 years ago even before the south stand for Derby fans even existed. I distinctly remember being in the east stand corner when it was sung. 

52 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

I don’t really have any issues with the post as a whole, but come on, that’s a bit patronising towards women don’t you think?

12 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I don’t really have any issues with the post as a whole, but come on, that’s a bit patronising towards women don’t you think?

I've got no idea how the world works today and what rules we are meant to abide by, but for a long time even I remember that using profanity in the presence of a female was frowned upon and un-gentlemanlike .

14 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Not in grownup's world, swearing in front of women and children is boorish lowlife behaviour, patronising is "Now little lady let me explain the offside rule to you again".

10 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

But would you swear in front of her or your sister or your grandmother.......

Yeah I swear in front of my mum and have done in front of my sister. If my mum had an issue with it I obviously wouldn't but she doesn't have a problem with it in the slightest. She swears and I swear at the football so there's no big deal. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

24 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It's a generational thing.  Like holding doors open, and offering them your jacket when it's a bit nippy out.

Old habits never die.

"Patronising" would be... "It's not something you youngsters would understand"!

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

It's a generational thing.  Like holding doors open, and offering them your jacket when it's a bit nippy out.

Old habits never die.

So you wouldn't out of politeness hold a door open, or offer your jacket to anyone you thought needed it, or just so the door didn't slam in their face?! ?

4 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

I would not be proud of that if it was me.

It's not something I'm proud of and if my mum was uncomfortable with it I obviously wouldn't. But treating her as some sort of shrinking violet who can't hear profanity when she's not seems quite a retrograde attitude towards women in general. Me and my mum are more like friends than anything else and she likes that aspect to our relationship, why would I take that away from her?

This is all a bit surprising given your previous expressions of enthusiasm towards violent disagreement with others btw. 

16 minutes ago, David said:

I've got no idea how the world works today and what rules we are meant to abide by, but for a long time even I remember that using profanity in the presence of a female was frowned upon and un-gentlemanlike .

They’re women, not helpless little creatures!

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Old habits never die.

"Patronising" would be... "It's not something you youngsters would understand"!

I’d hold a door open for anybody. I think that’s just generally being polite.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So you wouldn't out of politeness hold a door open, or offer your jacket to anyone you thought needed it, or just so the door didn't slam in their face?! ?

Sorry, I think I've missed the joke, but just to clarify, yes, I do indeed have a habit of holding doors open/offering jackets, carrying bags/heavy items etc.  Nor will you see me sat in the car park whilst the missus is inside doing the shopping.

Blame my late dad for such habits, drilled into me a good few decades ago now.

#embarassingly old fashioned  ?